Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Technical Topics Wheels and Tires 19" wheels on M340i in Ohio?

10-09-2019, 12:55 PM   #23
Straight6Dave
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i

Garage List
2020 BMW M340  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TTG View Post
My car is pretty loaded and I made sure to order 18"s and I am super glad I did.
Ride quality is awesome and the fact that I can get non-rfts sealed the deal for me.
This ^ I ordered my car with 18's because the roads in Boston are garbage. The car rides very well and the wheels look good enough. I

19's are for looks only, the car rides much better with 18s, especially if you stick with run-flats. There's a reason anyone cares about performance isn't running 20s.
Appreciate 1
TTG931.50
      10-12-2019, 09:51 AM   #24
wtfbrah
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Straight6Dave View Post
This ^ I ordered my car with 18's because the roads in Boston are garbage. The car rides very well and the wheels look good enough. I

19's are for looks only, the car rides much better with 18s, especially if you stick with run-flats. There's a reason anyone cares about performance isn't running 20s.
I'm wondering how 18s will fare over shitty pothole roads. I would prefer to be on a tire/wheel setup during the winter and spring that lends itself to a lot of pothole protection. The roads i drive on are often undivided highways without a shoulder and I do NOT want to be pulled over in an active lane on one of those roads.

Wondering if I need a big fat SUV for winter / spring driving.
Appreciate 0