Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Technical Topics B58 6-Cylinder Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications Downpipes

10-26-2020, 11:36 AM   #1
pjpellegrino
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M340i XDrive

Garage List
2020 BMW M340i  [0.00]
Downpipes

Right now all im running is a burger intkae and a jb plus plug-in tune. Im on the verge of buying a VRSF catless downpipe. Whats the pros and cons of getting a custome tune for it? running it without a custume tune? and if anyone runs one with a GTS Black racechip plug-in, or knows if its possible to run this downpipe with this plug-in?
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2020, 11:47 AM   #2
Don76
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 320i M-Sport

You'll need a tune to remove the cell light. I run BM3 which allows me to remove the cell light
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2020, 12:49 AM   #3
pjpellegrino
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M340i XDrive

Garage List
2020 BMW M340i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don76 View Post
You'll need a tune to remove the cell light. I run BM3 which allows me to remove the cell light
have you experienced any problems with the BM3. it’s necessary to have with the downpipe but i wouldn’t want anything happening to the car messing with the ecu
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2020, 01:59 AM   #4
Don76
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 320i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjpellegrino View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don76 View Post
have you experienced any problems with the BM3. it’s necessary to have with the downpipe but i wouldn’t want anything happening to the car messing with the ecu
No problems at all. BM3 is awesome. It's so simple to use from your phone. The support from PTF is also very good. Any questions are answered immediately.

And as for the results. Well, it totally transforms the car.

I opted for BM3 over JB+ because it was considered a safer option. A full tune across many ECU parameters rather than just turning up the boost.
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2020, 09:39 AM   #5
Lonmon
Private
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M340i x

An actual tune from a reputable tuner is in a whole other level to the piggyback plug ins for our platform. Both can be detected based on logs stored in the DME. If you are worried about warranty, leave the car stock. If you think the risk is worth the reward (I do) then go tune for maximum affect. I have had both and a stage 2 tune, even with the stock downpipe will blow your mind compared to the piggyback (especially JB+ only). A tune is the only way to go if you want to run a catless dp. No piggyback can eliminate the cel. This platform has been proven to be very reliable with good tunes, for what its worth you can investigate dealers and many times find one that is mod friendly as long as your mod doesn't cause the warranty issue. What's fair is fair in my book.
H&R Springs
MHD Stage 2 E40
Appreciate 0