Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Technical Topics B58 6-Cylinder Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications Impression on Mission Performance Stage 2

10-26-2020, 06:04 PM   #1
Musaabi
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW M340

Impression on Mission Performance Stage 2

Yesterday I met with chenry who was nice enough to let me drive his gorgeous white M340. Originally I went to see him to compare his lowered car(Dinan springs) to decide if it's what I wanted to do on my car. He explained to me everything he's done to his car so far and took me for a spin before letting me hop behind the wheel.

We started off with Chris behind the wheel and drove a bit around Huntington Beach. The power delivery was absolutely incredible and I didn't notice notice the ride being much "stiffer" compared to stock; in other words the right comfort was similar to my stock car. As we pull up to a red light, a white M2 comp pulls up next to us and Chris wanted to see what the guy wanted to do. There was no revving or beeping to signal what was about to happen. Light turns green and the M2 launches off the line. We weren't sure if he wanted to "race" initially so we got off the line with the m2 a good 2 car lengths ahead. I did notice the slightest of the wheels slipping upon launch but it was irrelevant. Not only did we quickly catch up to the m2, but Chris blew him out of the water(with 2 fully grown men in the car compared to the single guy in the m2). The gap ended up so big that the m2 actually backed off and slowed down signifying his defeat. This was every bit exciting to me as it was to Chris who never pulled next to an M2 Comp with his M340 before.

The MissionPerformance stage 2 running on E30(for those of us who don't have access to 93) was amazing to say the least. Not only was the low end powerful but even pulling from 60 you get pushed back into your seat, incredible performance. Speaking with Chris, he has done a Dyno test and he's pushing 470 to the wheel!

Luckily for me, Chris was kind enough to let me get behind the wheel to see what I was missing. The acceleration from a standstill left me in awe but the power delivery from 30 mph pulls blew my mind. The Dinan springs were comfortable and didn't seem to bounce, granted I wasn't driving high speed in bumpy roads. The 1 inch drop complimented the car really well especially with the HRE rims he had on and the spacers plus all the additional trim he had. The M340 looked more aggressive than stock but not overly aggressive. The sound of the exhaust was music to my ears and made me a bit jealous that I don't get the pops and crackles on my 21 model.

Needless to say I'm excited(and a bit impatient) for Alex to unlock the new ECU so I can have the same power and would highly recommend it to anyone who's on the fence about it. I'd also like to say thank you to Chris for taking time out of his day to show me his car let alone letting me take it for a spin!
Appreciate 10
themnmd1687.00
VipinLJ1936.50
Gdiddy23905.50
BLG199.00
chenry2346.00
EXE462097.00
ruczko97.00
      10-26-2020, 07:46 PM   #2
Pskinner21
Private
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i. 2020 SQ8

MP stg 2 is the only way to go!
Appreciate 1
chenry2346.00
      11-06-2020, 05:35 PM   #3
plopez12808
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i

Any more updates with this or has anyone else gone with Mission?
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2020, 05:45 PM   #4
carguy19
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M340

I am interested in going with them, they just dont respond to emails or PM's. Ive tried both.
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2020, 05:48 PM   #5
Musaabi
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by carguy19 View Post
I am interested in going with them, they just dont respond to emails or PM's. Ive tried both.
Alex does get busy. Try calling him. I haven't heard from him yet.
Appreciate 1
      11-06-2020, 06:15 PM   #6
chenry
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMWs

Quote:
Originally Posted by plopez12808 View Post
Any more updates with this or has anyone else gone with Mission?
Huge Mission Performance fan - can't say enough good things about Alex or his platform. And for those of us in SoCal we are lucky to have him in our backyard (just meaning he deals with people all over the country and world and we are lucky enough to be able to drive to the shop and meet him in person if we so choose)
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2020, 06:16 PM   #7
chenry
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I have the most success getting in touch with Alex by simply calling him at the shop. Just keep in mind he is a brick and mortar business in California therefore usually 8-6 PST
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2020, 06:19 PM   #8
chenry
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Musaabi

That was fun - we'll have to do it again soon!

ps-great write up
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2020, 08:27 PM   #9
M340_pilot
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i

Based on a lot positive feedback here I emailed Alex last week and this week. No response yet but we'll see. I may go BM3 or wait a bit longer and check out the Dinan E85 tune.
      11-06-2020, 08:38 PM   #10
EXE46
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i RWD Aka New E39 M5

Yes, Chenry, is one of the nicest guy around, too bad he's on the wrong coast and thus I am not able to take his car for a joyride lol.

Cheers!!
      11-06-2020, 10:52 PM   #11
chenry
Colonel
United_States
Rep

jJust going to post this here for general consumption in hopes it may help

**Disclaimer** I am a huge BMW fan & owner for over 30 years (uh oh dated myself) and I applaud all tuners (BM3, Dinan, MHD, Carbauhn, Active, Burger etc..)for their accomplishments in making our cars better (cough cough faster) – but my money goes to Mission Performance

Okay that aside – here is what I would share with you if we were shooting the poop over a beer (or wine for those more sophisticated among us) and talking cars and Mission Performance and connecting with Alex sometimes (again just my subjective thoughts).

TLDR (for the youngins) CliffNotes (for the rest of us):
MP is worth connecting with in my subjective opinion – even if it can be challenging at first

More detail (if my thoughts are worthy of your time – and you care):
I would highly suggest if you are Mission Performance curious you simply call them – this has been my best path to Alex over the years (or I just drive there because I am close - sorry don't mean to brag). I know it's a little old fashioned, but the phone works (usually) And you will leave the conversation much more well-versed regarding BMW tuning vs when the phone was ringing. Just keep in mind MP is a brick and mortar business in California and keeps regular business hours.

The downside for potential customers is that Alex controls the platform, the unlock, the remote or local delivery mechanism and the tune and does not have 3rd party developers or partners which can share the load with him. This assures he can deliver the standards that he wants (again Toyota Global TRD chose him for their Supra flash - good enough for Me - but I was a customer already) MP controls all aspects soup to nuts. So at times new customers can experience delays (I did on my first car) connecting with him – but rest assured once you are a customer the guy is there for you 100% of the time – it's really phenomenal

The upside for customers (potential or existing) is that Alex controls the platform, the unlock, the remote or local delivery mechanism and the tune, and does not have 3rd party developers or partners. Yes I just said that was a challenge but for me that's a good thing at the same time….I have a single point of contact that is U.S. based, that is a brick and mortar and can address all aspects of my cars tune. I don't have to worry about tuner vs platform or having to connect with someone via email or IM only – I pick up the phone, we talk, questions get answered (he remotes in if he wants a look see because he can given the remote tune capabilities) and we are done. MP does respond to emails (I've sent them over the years) but I do understand with global customers, time zones and language barriers sometimes that's the only alternative but that at times takes time. I've read and I do think that is something that can be and should be tightened up a bit. I had the same issue at first so I understand, but several MP tuned BMWs later I couldn't be happier to be with team MP lol

Just my thoughts as a customer…and why my money goes where it goes (I am not taking anything away from anyone else) and love reading about other tuner accomplishments

Last edited by chenry; 11-06-2020 at 11:45 PM.. Reason: typo (I'm sure there are others I missed HA)
Appreciate 3
VipinLJ1936.50
Musaabi118.00
      11-06-2020, 10:54 PM   #12
chenry
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by EXE46 View Post
Yes, Chenry, is one of the nicest guy around, too bad he's on the wrong coast and thus I am not able to take his car for a joyride lol.

Cheers!!
Very kind of you - Thank you

I shared your post with my 20 year old Son (home from college) and 16 year old Daughter just in case they had other thoughts about their Dad LOL

ps- if you ever find yourself in SoCal please don't hesitate to reach out

Last edited by chenry; 11-07-2020 at 12:56 PM..
Appreciate 2
EXE462097.00
VipinLJ1936.50
      11-07-2020, 08:18 AM   #13
Patgilm
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: GT-R, X7 M50i, M340

I am a first time BMW owner and MP customer and I have had zero issues getting in touch with Alex either by phone or email and I’m on the other coast from him. After all my research here it just seemed like MP had their stuff together on this platform and ironed out almost all of the kinks compared to the other tuners or piggyback products.

Chenry - when I first read your “downside” I thought to myself that it was an upside. Then I read your “upside” paragraph and I couldn’t agree more.
Appreciate 1
chenry2346.00
      11-08-2020, 05:51 PM   #14
Musaabi
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chenry View Post
Musaabi

That was fun - we'll have to do it again soon!

ps-great write up
For sure. Maybe we should make a video of "stock m340" vs tuned m340 so focus can get a visual of the difference. Still waiting on parts to come in for my car
Appreciate 1
chenry2346.00
      11-08-2020, 07:28 PM   #15
VipinLJ
Petrolhead
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘20 330i,‘16 X3,‘18 SQ5,‘17 A7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musaabi View Post
For sure. Maybe we should make a video of "stock m340" vs tuned m340 so focus can get a visual of the difference. Still waiting on parts to come in for my car
A stock vs tuned M340i video would be amazing!
2017 Audi A7 Prestige
Appreciate 1
chenry2346.00
      11-09-2020, 12:28 PM   #16
chenry
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by VipinLJ View Post
**edit** in anticipation of my participation in the video...

I'm all for that just as soon as the chenry-get him out of jail-and his car out of impound fund go fund me account reaches its' financial goal. Every little bit helps, no donation is too big or too small....donate here:

https://www.gofundme.com/f/chenry-ca...cp+share-sheet

kidding aside Musaabi and I will probably figure something out

Last edited by chenry; 11-09-2020 at 02:16 PM..
Appreciate 1
VipinLJ1936.50
      11-09-2020, 01:07 PM   #17
Musaabi
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
I'm all for that just as soon as the chenry-get him out of jail-and his car out of impound fund go fund me account reaches its' financial goal. Every little bit helps, no donation is too big or too small....donate here:

Did your car get impounded?!
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2020, 01:08 PM   #18
chenry
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

No I was just kidding around - meaning I'm sure if you and I connect to do a comparison - some laws just may be broken
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2020, 01:10 PM   #19
Musaabi
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

No I was just kidding around - meaning I'm sure if you and I connect to do a comparison - some laws just may be broken
[IMG]https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/...34/287/e06.gif[/IMG]
Appreciate 1
chenry2346.00
      11-11-2020, 11:18 AM   #20
carguy19
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M340

Can someone be kind enough to share the correct email for Alex at Mission performance? I want to contact him about tuning my car. (phone number too if someone has it).

thanks in advance fellas.
Appreciate 1
Patgilm180.50
      11-11-2020, 11:44 AM   #21
chenry
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Can someone be kind enough to share the correct email for Alex at Mission performance? I want to contact him about tuning my car. (phone number too if someone has it).

https://missiontuning.com/
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-11-2020, 12:05 PM   #22
Voodoo_G80
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: G

Quote:

I’m selling my license for half the price of you would like to save some money.
Appreciate 0