Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Local Forums AUSTRALIA Any way to track your BMW build for Australia?

03-19-2020, 03:02 AM   #67
NoSUV4Me
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G20 330i M Sport

Hello SteveAus I think of PPF as fancy thick cling wrap with some extra properties. Yes it is stuck directly to the paintwork which can be removed at a later stage if you wish.
Needs some degree of paint correction prior to application to ensure optimal adhesion and finish.

Completely agree that nothing will protect u against a nice fat pebble or a stupid low flying bird.
However much easier to wash off bug splatter and road tar. Offers some defence against minor scratches and gravel (if u sometimes travel on not o nice roads).

Common brands Xpel, Suntek, 3M.
xpel.com
suntekfilms.com
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2020, 03:59 AM   #68
SteveAus
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: G20 M340iX

Garage List
Brilliant.
Thanks for the info. I’ll check into it.
Might be an option for me, even though I only drive on sealed roads.
However, the main mileage my car does is out of the city, and therefore more chance of catching airborne stones.
      03-19-2020, 04:42 PM   #69
firetitanx
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i M Sport 2020(G20)

Hi StevAus/NoSUV4Me

First NoSUV4Me you stole my username...hahahaha,, that's exactly what I was thinking when i bought my car...had a SUV for 21 years...now need some NOSUV action !!!

Thanks guys for your answers , greatly appreciated.
I will look at those PPF options.

Slideit I am also getting a Portimao Blue with Black contrast stitching....have to have that stitching !! Congrats.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2020, 09:02 PM   #70
vish1987
Registered
Rep
Drives: M135i

My car is also on Prominent Ace - I am based in Brisbane, docking date for here is showing as 29/3 - was initially 24/3.

330i PB with black/blue stiching - popular choice it seems!!

Any one have an idea of port to delivery time?
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2020, 01:54 AM   #71
firetitanx
Lieutenant
Rep

Hi Vish

I heard 2 weeks from Port depending on customs/fumigation/potential stink bugs/snails etc.
But with Corona no idea .

Hope they clear the cars quickly

Just interested did you get the M Sport differential and if you did , what research did you do.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2020, 04:09 AM   #72
NoSUV4Me
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by firetitan View Post
Hi StevAus/NoSUV4Me

First NoSUV4Me you stole my username...hahahaha,, that's exactly what I was thinking when i bought my car...had a SUV for 21 years...now need some NOSUV action !!!

Thanks guys for your answers , greatly appreciated.
I will look at those PPF options.

Slideit I am also getting a Portimao Blue with Black contrast stitching....have to have that stitching !! Congrats.
Hey firetitan I got in first haha! May I suggest NoSUVeva or Sucker4Sedans instead 🤣
absolutely delighted to hear u have ditched ur SUV life. When I tumbled out of an X5 loaner and ripped stockings on way to interview, that was it. Done.

Congrats on ur new purchase!
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2020, 05:06 AM   #73
firetitanx
Lieutenant
Rep

Ah yes, thanks but does not sound as good as yours.!!

Yes , so looking forward to "The Ultimate Driving Machine" been waiting 31 years for this car ...hahahaha, glad I got in at Generation 7
Shape is perfect, colour is perfect, engine has ample power, drive is great what more can I ask for.

May I ask how long you have had your car for and how are you finding it.

Great to get a "Real owners" perspective. I have read through all the car reviews but most of them only review short term.

Basically what would you change and do you crave a 340 or M2/M3

And most importantly if you had to buy a car again , would you make the same choice.

Thanks for that!! , my car is still on the ship at Antwerp supposed to leave today....I think this is the longest I have every waited for anything hahaha.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2020, 09:26 PM   #74
swaters
Rep
Drives: 3 Series

My 330i is coming mid April, can't wait.

Just wondering what everyone paid for theirs and the specs?
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2020, 02:45 AM   #75
NoSUV4Me
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Ah yes, thanks but does not sound as good as yours.!!

Yes , so looking forward to "The Ultimate Driving Machine" been waiting 31 years for this car ...hahahaha, glad I got in at Generation 7
Shape is perfect, colour is perfect, engine has ample power, drive is great what more can I ask for.

May I ask how long you have had your car for and how are you finding it.

Great to get a "Real owners" perspective. I have read through all the car reviews but most of them only review short term.

Basically what would you change and do you crave a 340 or M2/M3
Ok.
12 months so have run the gauntlet of early release issues (couldn't help the timing).
I'm sure others on this forum can fill u in with details + +
So in brief:
- software glitches have been abundant;some serious, others nuisances. You will likely escape much of that
- Dealer service attitude has been exceptional re above
- no rattles no weird noises
- virtual assistant works wonderfully
- touchscreen and iDrive still remain top class
- driving experience and handling en pointe
- haven't had time to of try launch control but finding Sport mode in standard settings (rather than Sport Plus) the best balance in terms of steering and throttle. Composed and agile when swinging round the curlies.
- the ZF transmission continues its faultless anticipation. Must have a good brain.

- love the body and lines but prefer black grille
- pops and burbles subtle even in Sport +
- there is some turbo lag
- one warranty repair
- ratio of hard plastics still not optimal

Overall pretty happy!
You'll enjoy it
(M5comp...sighhhh)
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2020, 08:54 AM   #76
firetitanx
Lieutenant
Rep

Wow thanks for that, that's a comprehensive list.
Yes I saw a lot of software issues in the forums, but its been a year now so hopefully everything had been sorted.
Yup I drove an old BMW way back and what I was impressed with was the way the transmission knew when to change , almost telepathic and so silky smooth ,great to hear it is still on point!!
I thought about the black grille, but I like bling and mag wheels , but I prefer bling to stealth
What was your warranty repair, anything serious ?
Wow M5, I think that would be a bit big for me, although that would be the ultimate daily drive sports car, the exotics are just not practical.
Good to hear you experience has been a great one !!
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2020, 05:30 PM   #77
Slideit
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 330e

Anyone had contact with their dealer recently and have any update if they’re expecting any delays with delivery of cars over the next couple of months? I messaged mine a couple of days ago but haven’t heard back.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2020, 08:13 PM   #78
NoSUV4Me
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Wow thanks for that, that's a comprehensive list.
Yes I saw a lot of software issues in the forums, but its been a year now so hopefully everything had been sorted.
Yup I drove an old BMW way back and what I was impressed with was the way the transmission knew when to change , almost telepathic and so silky smooth ,great to hear it is still on point!!
I thought about the black grille, but I like bling and mag wheels , but I prefer bling to stealth
What was your warranty repair, anything serious ?
Wow M5, I think that would be a bit big for me, although that would be the ultimate daily drive sports car, the exotics are just not practical.
Good to hear you experience has been a great one !!
Personal score 7.5/10 . higher if not for the software issues and boing left with the impression that owners were given beta versions.
Warranty: sunroof replaced because it was not shutting properly due to a rubber seal fault (at least that was the official reason given).
Appreciate 1
      03-21-2020, 08:29 PM   #79
SteveAus
Captain
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slideit View Post
Anyone had contact with their dealer recently and have any update if they’re expecting any delays with delivery of cars over the next couple of months? I messaged mine a couple of days ago but haven’t heard back.
My dealer contacted me early last week and said that he had not heard of any delays due to COVID-19. However, this was before many states were talking about shutting down state borders.
The question would be “is freight, including new cars, allowed to cross state borders?”
South Australia may shut borders on Tuesday, but at this stage I do not know how that will affect freight movements.
      03-21-2020, 09:38 PM   #80
Slideit
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 330e

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveAus View Post
My dealer contacted me early last week and said that he had not heard of any delays due to COVID-19..
The question would be “is freight, including new cars, allowed to cross state borders?”
What interesting times we live in! I signed with the dealer on 30 Dec, China told WHO about the virus on 31 Dec. I have great timing.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2020, 10:02 PM   #81
Sergeant Skinner
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M340i XDrive

Yep as SteveAus said, I too am on the Prominent Ace, which is bound for Port Kembla (at this stage) on 25 March.

Now, with talk about shutting down VIC and NSW from Tuesday, I don't know if vehicle processing (Prixcar, the company who does compliancing) and my local dealer would be allowed to operate. Could be just restricting congregative places (pubs, bars, cafes, restaurants etc) or all non-essential businesses.

I did call Prixcar on Friday and they said they have not had any delays as a result of the virus and that it's business as usual (except with heightened hygiene practices). Fingers crossed it stays that way for at least a few more weeks so we can all get our new babies.

The 4 day wait in WA was really strange, not sure whether that was COVID-19 related. I do think that once it's past vehicle processing, the likelihood of further delays is low and your interstate bound car should be OK!
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2020, 10:58 PM   #82
SteveAus
Captain
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by PBJ View Post
Yep as SteveAus said, I too am on the Prominent Ace, which is bound for Port Kembla (at this stage) on 25 March.

Now, with talk about shutting down VIC and NSW from Tuesday, I don't know if vehicle processing (Prixcar, the company who does compliancing) and my local dealer would be allowed to operate. Could be just restricting congregative places (pubs, bars, cafes, restaurants etc) or all non-essential businesses.

I did call Prixcar on Friday and they said they have not had any delays as a result of the virus and that it's business as usual (except with heightened hygiene practices). Fingers crossed it stays that way for at least a few more weeks so we can all get our new babies.

The 4 day wait in WA was really strange, not sure whether that was COVID-19 related. I do think that once it's past vehicle processing, the likelihood of further delays is low and your interstate bound car should be OK!
Here’s hoping.
I’ve crossed my fingers and toes and anything else that doesn’t make my eyes water!!
      03-21-2020, 11:14 PM   #83
Sergeant Skinner
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M340i XDrive

I know in the grand scheme of things, to be uppity about a car being delayed seems inconsiderate but just our damn luck eh... never thought back when placing a deposit that the world would descend into this.
Appreciate 1
Slideit49.00
      03-21-2020, 11:26 PM   #84
SteveAus
Captain
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Yep. You are so right. I ordered my car in November last year and thought the same as you.
A new car pales into insignificance when I think of the people that have died and the fact that we cannot visit my wife’s aging parents in an aged care facility. Very worrying.
Even the fact that my shares (that I was going to use to pay for the car) have gone into melt down, does not compare to the global crisis that is happening now and the fact that so many businesses will go under and people will lose there jobs (and perhaps their homes).
Being worried about the arrival of a new car seems rather pathetic in the grand scheme of things. But we’re only human.......
      03-22-2020, 02:44 AM   #85
firetitanx
Lieutenant
Rep

Anybodies car on the Hoegh Trigger/Voyage 27 due to arrive in Port Kembla on the 15th May ? , departed 21/03/20 , build week of 10/03/20

I was trying to map the ports and I think it will follow this route but not sure.
1. Antwerp,Belgium
2. Bremerhaven,Germany (Ship is on its way now)
3. Southampton, England
4. Baltimore USA
5. Jacksonville Florida USA
6. Freeport, TX, USA
7. Panama Canal, Panama
8. Auckland New Zealand
9. Brisbane
10. Port Kembla

There is a good app to map the countries called travellerspoint.com so you can see it visually.

Can anybody confirm the ports, I suppose each ship has a different port map.

Additional research , these ships carry up to 8500 cars wow and this one is the biggest in the world.It has the equivalent of 10 foot ball fields of storage.

Thanks
Cheers.

Ah just worked it out, so I went through every possible port destination combination on the Hoegh web site https://www.hoeghautoliners.com/sail...?schedule=port (From Antwerp to final destination Port Kembla)

The revised schedule looks like this for Trigger 27 Cargo Ship (21st March to 14th May) so 54 Days

Antwerp 21st March

Bremerhaven 23rd March

Southampton 26th March

Santander 29th March

Baltimore 07th April

Jacksonville 12th April

Kingston Jamaica 15th April

Auckland New Zealand 06th May

Port Kembla 14th May

Last edited by firetitanx; 03-22-2020 at 05:42 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2020, 02:48 AM   #86
firetitanx
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSUV4Me View Post
Personal score 7.5/10 . higher if not for the software issues and boing left with the impression that owners were given beta versions.
Warranty: sunroof replaced because it was not shutting properly due to a rubber seal fault (at least that was the official reason given).
Ah thanks NoSUV4Me

I will watch out for that issue.I did read somewhere in the forums that the sunroof could be an issue
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2020, 03:29 AM   #87
swaters
Rep
Drives: 3 Series

I think at the moment there's a real risk of the dealership having to close due to the lock down and not being able to deliver the car
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2020, 04:29 AM   #88
bcoz
spectator
Australia
Rep
Drives: 330d Sedan

It has started...

BMW Suspends Production at European and South Africa Plants
https://g20.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1704266
Appreciate 0