Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Technical Topics DIYs and Coding Discussions Your BMW Might Have A Hidden TESLA Mode?

09-10-2020, 05:49 AM   #111
RSnic
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340Xi (G20)

Garage List
2020 BMW M340  [0.00]
fdopperen ,

To answer your question directly, No, you can't code Lane Assist with Bimmercode-- YET.

The reason you can't is that the implementing function is in the SAS2 module and Bimmercode can't code that module. The developer has said that they have SAS2 on their to do list, but no date

Hope that helps!

2020 M340Xi| ZDA| ZDY| ZPP| ZPX| 1CR| 1PL| 688| 6NW| 2VFH|
Retired: 2014 328i
BMW CCA
Appreciate 1
      10-18-2020, 10:08 AM   #112
queenzbimmer
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSnic View Post
fdopperen ,

To answer your question directly, No, you can't code Lane Assist with Bimmercode-- YET.

The reason you can't is that the implementing function is in the SAS2 module and Bimmercode can't code that module. The developer has said that they have SAS2 on their to do list, but no date

Hope that helps!
Hi all,

Sorry if this was covered in another thread. I can't seem to find a straightforward answer.

I have a 8/20 production car running 7/2020 software. I DO NOT have the driver assistance pro/ regular package, parking assistance or HUD.

However I do have the live cockpit pro, convenience, PDC, active protection /guard.

Can I still code this feature?

Thanks in advance !
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2020, 03:00 PM   #113
ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Tesla MY LR AWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenzbimmer View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RSnic View Post
fdopperen ,

Hope that helps!
Hi all,

Sorry if this was covered in another thread. I can't seem to find a straightforward answer.

I have a 8/20 production car running 7/2020 software. I DO NOT have the driver assistance pro/ regular package, parking assistance or HUD.

However I do have the live cockpit pro, convenience, PDC, active protection /guard.

Can I still code this feature?

Thanks in advance !
No you can't I'm afraid.
Appreciate 1
      10-31-2020, 02:32 PM   #114
X32G20
Rep
Drives: G20

Hi all,

I have a G20 with premium package, and the 5AS active driving assistant (not pro though). Spec sheet attached. I coded the following in Bimmercode, and while I can see the option to enable assisted driving view in iDrive, it never shows up on instrument cluster. Did I forget to code something, or does my car simply not have the ability to have assisted driving view?

CB_FZG_UMGEBUNG_FAS: aktiv (01)
CB_PRESELECT_NAVI_ANSICHT_FZG_UMGEBUNG: aktiv (01)
PIA_FZG_UMGEBUNG_FAS: aktiv (01)
SICHT_ABSICHT_ENABLE: aktiv (01)

https://ibb.co/723mZym
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2020, 04:12 PM   #115
ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by X32G20 View Post
Hi all,

I have a G20 with premium package, and the 5AS active driving assistant (not pro though). Spec sheet attached. I coded the following in Bimmercode, and while I can see the option to enable assisted driving view in iDrive, it never shows up on instrument cluster. Did I forget to code something, or does my car simply not have the ability to have assisted driving view?

CB_FZG_UMGEBUNG_FAS: aktiv (01)
CB_PRESELECT_NAVI_ANSICHT_FZG_UMGEBUNG: aktiv (01)
PIA_FZG_UMGEBUNG_FAS: aktiv (01)
SICHT_ABSICHT_ENABLE: aktiv (01)

[IMG]https://ibb.co/723mZym[/IMG]

https://ibb.co/723mZym
You need 5AU
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2020, 03:46 PM   #116
rickkap
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 320d XDrive M Sport (G20)

Has anyone been able to get this working after the latest update? I've just done the OTA upgrade to 07/2020 (i think) and now i can't connect to the car with esys!!
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2020, 07:49 PM   #117
fstephano
Rep
Drives: G20 330i m sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickkap View Post
Has anyone been able to get this working after the latest update? I've just done the OTA upgrade to 07/2020 (i think) and now i can't connect to the car with esys!!
What version of ESYS and Launcher PRO are you using? I am getting ready to update to 7/2020 but don't want to do it if I can't re-code the Assisted Driving View and the Automatic Lane Change again.

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2020, 07:50 AM   #118
rickkap
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 320d XDrive M Sport (G20)

I couldn't get esys and launcher Pro to work so i purchased esysx.
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2020, 07:56 AM   #119
ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by fstephano View Post
What version of ESYS and Launcher PRO are you using? I am getting ready to update to 7/2020 but don't want to do it if I can't re-code the Assisted Driving View and the Automatic Lane Change again.

Thanks.
esysx is preferred for coding 07/2020, but launcher pro 3.7 should work for your use case.

ADV coding is in DKOMBI and should still be mapped, same for auto lane change, which can be VO coded with esys alone if need be - remove 8TR from FA, and VO Code HU_MGU, SAS, and BDC (7083).

I wouldn't hold back on upgrading i-step versions just to preserve coding. Worst case you simply purchase esysx, but like I said it shouldn't be necessary.
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2020, 01:16 AM   #120
phayze
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW

Hi,

You mean can code lane change assist using e-sys alone. What is remove 8TR from FA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifr View Post
esysx is preferred for coding 07/2020, but launcher pro 3.7 should work for your use case.

ADV coding is in DKOMBI and should still be mapped, same for auto lane change, which can be VO coded with esys alone if need be - remove 8TR from FA, and VO Code HU_MGU, SAS, and BDC (7083).

I wouldn't hold back on upgrading i-step versions just to preserve coding. Worst case you simply purchase esysx, but like I said it shouldn't be necessary.
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2020, 02:34 AM   #121
ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by phayze View Post
Hi,

You mean can code lane change assist using e-sys alone. What is remove 8TR from FA?
If you have 8TR in your FA/VO then it is being used by BMW to decode the auto Lane Change in coding. This can be checked in esys, or even via a VIN decoder.

Removing it from your FA and VO Coding the specific ECU(s) that it impacts, will revert the coding and activate the decoded feature. If you save the modified FA back to the car then the feature will remain active even after full-car i-step upgrades.
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2020, 05:23 AM   #122
phayze
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Hi,

Can i say by removing 8TR, lane change assistant will automatically shows?

Or i still need to code the below?

BDC_Body3 > CAFD_7083 > SPURWECHSEL_ASSISTENT
Default: nicht_activ
Change to: activ

HU_MGU > CAFD_3E52 > SPURWECHSELASSISTENT
Change to: gen_1

SAS2 > CAFD_42C1 > C_SWA_VORHANDEN
Default: Nr000_nicht_vorhanden
Change to: NR001_VORHANDEN

Quote:
If you have 8TR in your FA/VO then it is being used by BMW to decode the auto Lane Change in coding. This can be checked in esys, or even via a VIN decoder.

Removing it from your FA and VO Coding the specific ECU(s) that it impacts, will revert the coding and activate the decoded feature. If you save the modified FA back to the car then the feature will remain active even after full-car i-step upgrades.
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2020, 10:20 AM   #123
ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Hi,

Can i say by removing 8TR, lane change assistant will automatically shows?

Or i still need to code the below?

BDC_Body3 > CAFD_7083 > SPURWECHSEL_ASSISTENT
Change to: activ

HU_MGU > CAFD_3E52 > SPURWECHSELASSISTENT
Change to: gen_1

SAS2 > CAFD_42C1 > C_SWA_VORHANDEN
Default: Nr000_nicht_vorhanden
Change to: NR001_VORHANDEN
If you have 8TR or 8TU or 8LS or in your FA, and you remove it, then VO Coding BDC, SAS and HU, will automatically set those FDL settings.

Alternatively you can FDL code the above, but will need a launcher for esys, and you will need to recode after each i-step upgrade where any of the target ECU are upgraded.
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2020, 08:47 AM   #124
phayze
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Hi,

Mine have 8LS Country control. So if i never remove this in my FA and do VO Coding BDC, SAS and HU, will it work? Coz i only have esys and psdzdata, unable to do FDL coding.

Or if i never remove 8LS, i can only do FDL coding for BDC, SAS & HU for it to work?

Quote:
If you have 8TR or 8TU or 8LS or in your FA, and you remove it, then VO Coding BDC, SAS and HU, will automatically set those FDL settings.

Alternatively you can FDL code the above, but will need a launcher for esys, and you will need to recode after each i-step upgrade where any of the target ECU are upgraded.

Last edited by phayze; 11-25-2020 at 08:59 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2020, 08:59 AM   #125
ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Hi,

Mine have 8LS Country control. So i remove this in my FA and the lane change assist will automatically appear in my menu?
In theory that should work fine, but you would also need to VO Code:
HU_MGU (that controls the menu item)
SAS2 (or SAS3 if on i-step 07/2020 and later) - this sets and enables the type of lane change used. USA version works much better than the non-US version, but youd need to FDL code to change it. If you find the lane change slow/cautious in changing lanes then you probably have the non-US version set.
BDC (7083) - that makes the menu item active

You can do all of this from esys without a launcher needed
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2020, 09:52 AM   #126
phayze
Second Lieutenant
Rep

If i never remove 8LS from FA, can i VO code BCD, SAS & HU to make it work?

Quote:
SAS2 (or SAS3 if on i-step 07/2020 and later) - this sets and enables the type of lane change used. USA version works much better than the non-US version, but youd need to FDL code to change it. If you find the lane change slow/cautious in changing lanes then you probably have the non-US version set.

Appreciate 0
      11-25-2020, 10:03 AM   #127
ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
If i never remove 8LS from FA, can i VO code BCD, SAS & HU to make it work?
no- unless you remove it from FA in esys, then VO Code without writing the FA back to the car, making sure to uncheck ' update' options before coding.

but then the coding won't persist post istep upgrade. in that scenario you might as well bite the bullet, buy esysx and FDL code so you are in control of what you want to code exactly.

Last edited by ifr; 11-25-2020 at 10:45 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2020, 01:15 PM   #128
Heliot077
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW G21

Quote:

VO coding without a launcher?
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2020, 06:11 PM   #129
phayze
Second Lieutenant
Rep

If not wrong, from my understanding, you can code FA/VO without a launcher.

To do FDL coding, u need launcher or E-sysX.

Correct me if i am wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heliot077 View Post
VO coding without a launcher?
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2020, 02:30 AM   #130
ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
If not wrong, from my understanding, you can code FA/VO without a launcher.

To do FDL coding, u need launcher or E-sysX.

Correct me if i am wrong.
Not only can you VO Code without a launcher, its recommended that you don't VO Code with a launcher.

Esys is the primary vendor supported tool for coding BMW's. Not esys-x, not Launcher Pro, and not Bimmer code etc. The only reason we use 3rd party tools like LP and esysx is because esys requires a certificate AND also now requires a mapping dataset, when FDL coding. So, whenever you can take the 3rd party out of the equation, it makes sense to do so.

As it happens, esys-x actually offers additional useful capabilities beyond standard coding in esys, but these aren't critical to core coding capability.
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2020, 05:34 AM   #131
Heliot077
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW G21

Hmm ok. Thx for the info!!!
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2020, 06:28 AM   #132
phayze
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Do you have any idea if BMW is more particular on VO coding or FDL coding? Or they are the same to BMW?

Quote:
Not only can you VO Code without a launcher, its recommended that you don't VO Code with a launcher.

Esys is the primary vendor supported tool for coding BMW's. Not esys-x, not Launcher Pro, and not Bimmer code etc. The only reason we use 3rd party tools like LP and esysx is because esys requires a certificate AND also now requires a mapping dataset. So, whenever you can take the 3rd party out of the equation, it makes sense to do so.

As it happens, esys-x actually offers additional useful capabilities beyond standard coding in esys, but these aren't critical to core coding capability.
Appreciate 0