Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Local Forums UK 330e delivery halt

09-03-2020, 02:08 PM   #89
AD2020
Private
Rep
Drives: 330e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osxboy View Post
@Hazzer20 I’m not keen to cancel as everything on our list has gone up since I ordered so having waited nearly 8 months a couple more weeks is bearable. My worry is if they test the car and it catches on fire, as the wait for another 330e would be a real PITA!
To be fair, mine was ordered back in January, nothing happened during lockdown.
I chased it up at the start of July and was told that it had a build scheduled and that it should only take a few weeks.
It turned up at the dealer first week in August and I was due to get it 13th before all this kicked off.

So with a fair wind they could do it relatively quickly....
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2020, 02:20 PM   #90
Hazzer20
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 330E G20

Quote:
Originally Posted by AD2020 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osxboy View Post
@Hazzer20 I’m not keen to cancel as everything on our list has gone up since I ordered so having waited nearly 8 months a couple more weeks is bearable. My worry is if they test the car and it catches on fire, as the wait for another 330e would be a real PITA!
To be fair, mine was ordered back in January, nothing happened during lockdown.
I chased it up at the start of July and was told that it had a build scheduled and that it should only take a few weeks.
It turned up at the dealer first week in August and I was due to get it 13th before all this kicked off.

So with a fair wind they could do it relatively quickly....
I ordered in late March and have a feeling mine isn't even built yet lol
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2020, 02:53 PM   #91
AD2020
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazzer20 View Post
Least it may get built properly now the staff know what they’re doing!

Hopefully!
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2020, 02:55 PM   #92
Hazzer20
Private
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Least it may get built properly now the staff know what they’re doing!

Hopefully!
yeah that is the positive side, my partner keeps saying we should of gone with a different car lol, hopefully be worth the wait
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2020, 03:35 AM   #93
wassap
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Volvo

For what its worth, a few people at our company had 330e delivered in the last 2 weeks.
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2020, 03:56 AM   #94
Aitch73
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 330e

Quote:
Originally Posted by wassap View Post
For what its worth, a few people at our company had 330e delivered in the last 2 weeks.
Same here! Mine was ordered Jan with May delivery delayed to end of July because of Covid. In the dealer early Aug then delivery halt put on it two weeks ago. Some colleagues have had their 330e delivered in Aug and some of us on stop. It's annoying as it's gone on ages now and I'm not benefitting from the reason I ordered one.
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2020, 04:16 AM   #95
AD2020
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aitch73 View Post
Same here! Mine was ordered Jan with May delivery delayed to end of July because of Covid. In the dealer early Aug then delivery halt put on it two weeks ago. Some colleagues have had their 330e delivered in Aug and some of us on stop. It's annoying as it's gone on ages now and I'm not benefitting from the reason I ordered one.
Similar time scales to mine, but I just keep getting fobbed off and dependent on who I speak to, I get different and conflicting information.
I keep checking my VIN number on the BMW recall site and so far no change, maybe when it does things will progress rapidly.

The most annoying part is not knowing whether to put more fuel in a car, that I could be handling back the following day!
Also keeping the contents of my boot in bags, in anticipation of it needing to go back at short notice and empty.
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2020, 04:24 AM   #96
Aitch73
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Similar time scales to mine, but I just keep getting fobbed off and dependent on who I speak to get different and conflicting information.
I keep checking my VIN number on the BMW recall site and so far no change, maybe when it does things will progress rapidly.

The most annoying part is not knowing whether to put more fuel in a car I could be handling back the following day!
Also keeping the contents of my boot in bags in anticipation of it needing to go back at short notice and empty.
Yep same here conflicting advice depending whether you speak to the dealer or lease company. I don't have the VIN number to check so dependant on the dealer (no change as of yesterday). Only bonus of all this is it will be on 70 plate whenever it arrives that is...
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2020, 04:36 AM   #97
Hazzer20
Private
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Similar time scales to mine, but I just keep getting fobbed off and dependent on who I speak to get different and conflicting information.

The most annoying part is not knowing whether to put more fuel in a car I could be handling back the following day!
Also keeping the contents of my boot in bags in anticipation of it needing to go back at short notice and empty.
Yep same here conflicting advice depending whether you speak to the dealer or lease company. I don't have the VIN number to check so dependant on the dealer (no change as of yesterday). Only bonus of all this is it will be on 70 plate whenever it arrives that is...
When you say 70 plate does that go off when it arrives or ordered? I was always under the impression depending on the time you ordered it would be that plate?
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2020, 04:55 AM   #98
AD2020
Private
Rep

Quote:
When you say 70 plate does that go off when it arrives or ordered? I was always under the impression depending on the time you ordered it would be that plate?
Mine was due for delivery August 13th and the dealer gave me the reg number (20 plate) in advance. I don’t think they actually registered it, more just reserved a reg number.
When they confirmed that this would drag on into September, they realised that it would need a new 70 plate reg number, I’ve now had this.

Just hoping that this doesn’t drag on much longer otherwise it will end up on a 21 plate!

You should be able to get the VIN number from the dealer, I did. It was also in the original delivery advice email from the lease company, shown as the chassis number.

For anyone not aware you can check your VIN/Reg number here;
https://www.bmw.co.uk/en/footer/quic...e-recalls.html

About to try and get some sense from BMW UK customer services, wish me luck!
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2020, 04:58 AM   #99
Aitch73
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Well if it had arrived to the revised schedule date (late July to the dealer with Aug delivery) it would of been on a 20 plate. With the stop it's slipped into sometime in Sept 🤞🏻and 70 plate. 👍🏻
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2020, 05:00 AM   #100
Hazzer20
Private
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Mine was due for delivery August 13th and the dealer gave me the reg number (20 plate) in advance. I don’t think they actually registered it, more just reserved a reg number.
When they confirmed that this would drag on into September, they realised that it would need a new 70 plate reg number, I’ve now had this.

Just hoping that this doesn’t drag on much longer otherwise it will end up on a 21 plate!

You should be able to get the VIN number from the dealer, I did. It was also in the original delivery advice email from the lease company, shown as the chassis number.

About to try and get some sense from BMW UK customer services, wish me luck!
I asked the lease company for the VIN or chassis number so I could get updates independently rather then having to email them and they didn't answer the question only gave me the estimated date of November. This is a lease company via the NHS so maybe that's why? They have been far from great. Fingers crossed & Good luck.
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2020, 05:46 AM   #101
Jgr1249
Private
Rep
Drives: G20

Quote:
Well if it had arrived to the revised schedule date (late July to the dealer with Aug delivery) it would of been on a 20 plate. With the stop it's slipped into sometime in Sept 🤞🏻and 70 plate. 👍🏻
My understanding is they cannot register a vehicle or assign a plate whilst there is an open stop code on the car so they should be sporting 70 plates when they come

I had a call from my dealer this morning to say my vehicle is ready
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2020, 06:18 AM   #102
AD2020
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgr1249 View Post
My understanding is they cannot register a vehicle or assign a plate whilst there is an open stop code on the car so they should be sporting 70 plates when they come

I had a call from my dealer this morning to say my vehicle is ready
👍😁

Just a quick question, does your VIN number (if you have it) now show anything on the Recall website?

Just trying to second guess whether there is any point in me pestering the dealer, or whether I will get the same heads up by just checking the recall checking website.
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2020, 06:21 AM   #103
AD2020
Private
Rep

Quote:
I asked the lease company for the VIN or chassis number so I could get updates independently rather then having to email them and they didn't answer the question only gave me the estimated date of November. This is a lease company via the NHS so maybe that's why? They have been far from great. Fingers crossed & Good luck.
If you know which dealer it’s coming from, you might be better asking them.
My lease company ALD are pretty clueless, but just after ordering I had a call from the dealer they’d assigned it to.
That’s where I originally got my VIN number from.
Appreciate 1
      09-04-2020, 06:30 AM   #104
Jgr1249
Private
Rep

Quote:
👍😁

Just a quick question, does your VIN number (if you have it) now show anything on the Recall website?

Just trying to second guess whether there is any point in me pestering the dealer, or whether I will get the same heads up by just checking the recall checking website.
Hi
It shows no open recalls
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2020, 06:39 AM   #105
AD2020
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgr1249 View Post
Hi
It shows no open recalls
Thanks and presumably it did previously?

Sounds like I can save my time ringing the dealer chasing and just keep an eye on the recall site.

Had a call with BMWUK customer services this morning, gleaned nothing useful from it other than several cups of “tea and sympathy”.
Had the ability to check messages on screen for my VIN number, but no clues as to status or timescales.
Also nothing confirmed or denied about whether tests could be done at dealer, or needing to be taken to a central location.
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2020, 07:39 AM   #106
Jgr1249
Private
Rep

Quote:
Thanks and presumably it did previously?

Sounds like I can save my time ringing the dealer chasing and just keep an eye on the recall site.

Had a call with BMWUK customer services this morning, gleaned nothing useful from it other than several cups of “tea and sympathy”.
Had the ability to check messages on screen for my VIN number, but no clues as to status or timescales.
Also nothing confirmed or denied about whether tests could be done at dealer, or needing to be taken to a central location.
It did yes, first the stop one then two of them
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2020, 09:43 AM   #107
wassap
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Hazzer20 My order was placed around the same time as yours, my wasnt even put onto the system till late June. My delivery date to dealer initially was mid December, last week i was given a revised date of mid November. Im half hoping they can shave another couple of weeks off. Mine is a company car ordered through Lex.

My current car was meant to go back today, but hey ho in the whole scheme of things its no biggie.
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2020, 09:46 AM   #108
Hazzer20
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by wassap View Post
Hazzer20 My order was placed around the same time as yours, my wasnt even put onto the system till late June. My delivery date to dealer initially was mid December, last week i was given a revised date of mid November. Im half hoping they can shave another couple of weeks off. Mine is a company car ordered through Lex.

My current car was meant to go back today, but hey ho in the whole scheme of things its no biggie.
Your in the UK right? Hoping I'm in the same ball park as you. For me it's the not knowing anything until you get a phone call 2 weeks before delivery! (Which I find ridiculous) :
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2020, 11:06 AM   #109
wassap
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Yep UK bud. Famous last words but i dont see any issue with delivery times for cars built later on, it was inevitable that issues were going to pop up for the 1st lot of cars built after C-19.
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2020, 11:20 AM   #110
Hazzer20
Private
Rep

Yeah true, I just read on here how quick people's were made and then I think it's 9 weeks till November, why is it going to take so long? Lol
Appreciate 0