Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Local Forums UK 330e delivery halt

09-11-2020, 12:26 PM   #155
jonnyblaze82
Rep
Drives: BMW 330e M Sport Plus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conrod Bent View Post
Mine is still showing both messages so I would guess yours has been tested.
Tested and failed is my thought. Call me a pessimist but its the Stop code message still showing. Although it says enhancement now I wouldn't be surprised if it has been tested and failed.

Appreciate 0
      09-11-2020, 12:50 PM   #156
AD2020
Private
Rep
Drives: 330e

Quote:
Originally Posted by heythereleslie View Post
Just had an update from the dealership. The 'in-house' inspection of my car has now been carried out and unfortunately it has to go back to the BMW distribution centre to have the repair on the 'battery casing' carried out. They have asked for the 'upload' to collect the vehicle but he said it 'could be weeks'.
👎👎👎

Not good at all!

I’m wondering whether I may be told the same (eventually)!

Out of interest have you put your VIN number into here https://www.bmw.co.uk/en/footer/quic...e-recalls.html
and if so what does it say?
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2020, 01:03 PM   #157
Osxboy
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G21 320d

Been on a team away day and just checked, still seeing both messages on the recall site and no emails or messages from the dealer or LeasePlan. Starting to get very frustrated by the lack of communication, it may be a company car through a lease company but you would think they would still treat me as a valued customer!
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2020, 04:56 PM   #158
Aitch73
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 330e

Checked mine again and this morning it was showing one notice 'open technical enhancement' instead of the two notices previously. Just had a quick check again and now showing nothing...so hopefully delivery will be soon.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-12-2020, 07:06 AM   #159
Leglesssparrow
Rep
Drives: Audi a5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazzer20 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leglesssparrow View Post
Hadn't heard back from leasing company on delivery of my 330e so managed to track down the dealer. Turns out that although the leasing company were estimating sometime in October. The dealer confirmed yesterday that I wouldn't see the car till at least December ! Seriously unhappy now....
When did you order? Join the club :
I ordered in June...
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2020, 07:13 AM   #160
Hazzer20
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 330E G20

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazzer20 View Post
Quote:
Hadn't heard back from leasing company on delivery of my 330e so managed to track down the dealer. Turns out that although the leasing company were estimating sometime in October. The dealer confirmed yesterday that I wouldn't see the car till at least December ! Seriously unhappy now....
When did you order? Join the club :
I ordered in June...
Ok, I ordered March and been given the date "estimated November"
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2020, 12:56 PM   #161
mickgfd
Rep
Drives: 320D ED Sport Auto

Newbie and first post but I thought you’d all appreciate hearing what Sytner Sheffield are saying about the delivery of my 330e, I have to say they were very helpful and open about the situation. Ordered February, arrived at the dealer 11th August, yesterday they told me that the car has been uplifted and is now back at the distribution centre near Doncaster to be tested, apparently this is the only place in the UK with the facilities to do this. Presuming the car is safe and passes the relevant tests it should be returned to Sheffield in about a week, then a couple of days to turn it around, fingers crossed.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2020, 03:15 AM   #162
330e_Dave
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickgfd View Post
Newbie and first post but I thought you'd all appreciate hearing what Sytner Sheffield are saying about the delivery of my 330e, I have to say they were very helpful and open about the situation. Ordered February, arrived at the dealer 11th August, yesterday they told me that the car has been uplifted and is now back at the distribution centre near Doncaster to be tested, apparently this is the only place in the UK with the facilities to do this. Presuming the car is safe and passes the relevant tests it should be returned to Sheffield in about a week, then a couple of days to turn it around, fingers crossed.
That corresponds with what I was told, only difference is that the dealer the lease company uses doesn't have the space for delivery so part of the PDI process normally happens at the distribution centre anyway. Here's opening for a quick turnaround but it's probably not the best month for dealers to be getting extra work.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2020, 02:53 AM   #163
AD2020
Private
Rep
Drives: 330e

Quote:
Newbie and first post but I thought you’d all appreciate hearing what Sytner Sheffield are saying about the delivery of my 330e, I have to say they were very helpful and open about the situation. Ordered February, arrived at the dealer 11th August, yesterday they told me that the car has been uplifted and is now back at the distribution centre near Doncaster to be tested, apparently this is the only place in the UK with the facilities to do this. Presuming the car is safe and passes the relevant tests it should be returned to Sheffield in about a week, then a couple of days to turn it around, fingers crossed.
Good news for you then, hopefully.

I just wish I could get that level of information from either the dealer or lease company dealing with mine. Getting fobbed off and fed a diet of BS is doing nothing for my confidence in and likelihood of dealing with them again.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2020, 03:03 AM   #164
mickgfd
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AD2020 View Post
Good news for you then, hopefully.

I just wish I could get that level of information from either the dealer or lease company dealing with mine. Getting fobbed off and fed a diet of BS is doing nothing for my confidence in and likelihood of dealing with them again.
It might not happen yet, I’ll let you know how things develop this week. If you’re in the UK it does seem that the cars are being taken back to the distribution centre for testing, I was told with complete confidence that this is the case by Sytner. My dealer might have a bit of an advantage being so close to Doncaster.

Last edited by mickgfd; 09-14-2020 at 03:06 AM.. Reason: Spelling mistake
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2020, 07:54 AM   #165
DanAdam2
Rep
Drives: 330e 2020

I couldn't wait any longer and I cancelled my order. Going to make a new one, aiming for 2021. I made a complaint against BMW and I expect that they come back to me with something (a discount?).

I feel a bit better now, but sorry to see so many of you are still in the void waiting for the delivery to happen.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2020, 08:06 AM   #166
heythereleslie
Rep
Drives: BMW 320d Xdrive

Quote:
Was basically told the same thing by my dealership in Northants. Car on its way back to Distribution Centre, although they wouldn't be drawn on a timescale. Your post has provided me with some reassurance about the length of time its going to take.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2020, 10:22 AM   #167
mickgfd
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by heythereleslie View Post
Was basically told the same thing by my dealership in Northants. Car on its way back to Distribution Centre, although they wouldn't be drawn on a timescale. Your post has provided me with some reassurance about the length of time its going to take.
Hope I have encouraging news in a week or so, I'll be sure to let you know if i hear anything further. It's the lack of info from BMW that I think we all find frustrating.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2020, 10:40 AM   #168
TheDazzler
Rep

Update 14 Sept

I have been following this thread for a while but finally spoke to someone at BMW today. I have a date of 24 September 2020 for delivery, my order date was 20 February 2020. If BMW fail to make this delivery date due to the recall I have the following options available.

1. Payment to extend my current car with my current lease company.
2. Supporting book drop for any part exchange
3. Arranging a loan/courtesy vehicle

I have been assured that any loan/courtesy vehicle will be completely free of charge.

I have spoken to HMRC who have advised me that there is no tax implications associated with the loan car and to remove my current lease car from my tax calculation when it is returned and add the new 330e on the day that it arrives. Now this could be a couple of days which will be a couple of quid. However if the car needs to return to Germany this could save any lease car drivers hundreds of pounds.

Apologies for the length of this post but I though it was worth sharing all the details.
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2020, 11:50 AM   #169
Osxboy
Second Lieutenant
Rep

So my dealer updated me as follows:

Unfortunately, it will not be delivered this week. Your car requires a secondary check by BMW and we are waiting for your car to be collected, along with a number of others. Once I have an update on when it has been collected, and when it is due back to us I will let you know.

And on timescales

Honestly, we can’t be sure. I know that it won’t be this week but it could be next week or the week after possibly.

Very frustrating as I’m starting to actually need the car for work, 250 round trip once or twice a week which is not much fun in my basic pool car!
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2020, 12:22 PM   #170
Hazzer20
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osxboy View Post

Unfortunately, it will not be delivered this week. Your car requires a secondary check by BMW and we are waiting for your car to be collected, along with a number of others. Once I have an update on when it has been collected, and when it is due back to us I will let you know.

And on timescales

Honestly, we can’t be sure. I know that it won’t be this week but it could be next week or the week after possibly.

Very frustrating as I’m starting to actually need the car for work, 250 round trip once or twice a week which is not much fun in my basic pool car!
Better knowing this I suppose then being totally clueless or forgotten about like others.. don't even know if mine has been made or not :
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2020, 12:31 PM   #171
Osxboy
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Only have this much because I chase the dealer and lease company there’s no proactive communication. If I were a retail customer I’d be expecting a decent offer of some form of compensation but as it’s a company car I think it’s not a priority.
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2020, 01:56 PM   #172
Hazzer20
Private
Rep

Yeah totally agree, it drives me mad how as soon as you say it's via a lease company or through work they just loose all interest.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2020, 04:10 AM   #173
thdevita
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW G20 330E

Hello.
I got the car delivered on Monday (very happy of course), it was tested and not faulty. It seems that they really struggle to test all the hybrid cars and this is coordinated by the country itself so the dealerships are clueless most of the time

Last edited by thdevita; 09-16-2020 at 04:17 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2020, 05:16 AM   #174
jonnyblaze82
Rep
Drives: BMW 330e M Sport Plus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osxboy View Post

And on timescales

Speak to the dealership about a courtesy car. My car is being done through a lease company but when i spoke to the BMW dealership directly they offered a courtesy car for the duration of my delay.

It's been adragged out but Enterprise have been on the phone this morning to arange delivery of my courtesy BMW while I wait for my 330e to finally get tested and released.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2020, 06:29 AM   #175
Osxboy
Second Lieutenant
Rep

I have a pool car but it’s a basic mini and not super comfortable for long journeys. It was supposed to fill a 2 week gap but COVID-19 and the recall have made that more like 16 weeks. I’ve been talking to our fleet team about options. No timescales makes it harder to plan but it’s a first world problem TBF.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2020, 10:10 AM   #176
330e_Dave
Rep

I called the dealer for an update and my vehicle has been tested and there are no issues so just need the delivery to the dealer to be done and for it to be PDId and it should be getting delivered to me. The timing isn't great as there will be a backlog of PDIs to be done during one of their busiest months but it's progress. I ordered at the end of January but have no idea how they are working their way through the backlog.
Appreciate 0