Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Local Forums UK M440i order placed

09-23-2020, 05:57 AM   #1
A/J
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G22 M440I on order

M440i order placed

Hi All, Just placed and order for G22 M440i ( arctic race blue (edit: changed to dravit grey) aluminium mesh,tech plus pack, sunroof)...

Just wondering if anyone else has ordered yet and spec?

Ive just come back to bmw from merc (c43 and previous to that e93 m3, both excellent)

One question i have is does the push to start work with key in pocket and does the car unlock with key in pocket ... sorry for the silly question

Last edited by A/J; 10-22-2020 at 04:51 PM..
Appreciate 2
oz555671.00
      09-23-2020, 11:28 AM   #2
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 340i

Nice. You have to be one of the first!
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2020, 02:22 PM   #3
Alanli722
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: G20 M340i

The car will start with the push button even if you've got the key in your pocket.

If you've specced the comfort package then you can keep the key in your pocket and the car will unlock as soon as you reach for the for handle or you can change the settings so as you approach the car it will unlock automatically and/or unlock automatically as you walk away from the car.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2020, 02:24 PM   #4
A/J
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Cheers really looking forward to it

Although possibly thinking of changing to dravit grey
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2020, 02:25 PM   #5
srbs73
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW i4 M50

Quote:
Originally Posted by A/J View Post
Hi All, Just placed and order for G22 M440i ( arctic race blue ,tech plus pack)...

Ive just come back to bmw from merc (c43, previously e93 m3 which was amazing)

One question i have is does the push to start work with key in pocket and does the car unlock with key in pocket ... sorry for the silly question, but im sure ill have more soon
Congrats. If you’ve ordered comfort access it definitely does. I presume if you don’t have it then you will have to unlock the car manually. Assume you can start the car in both scenarios as I don’t think there’s anywhere to put the key?

With Comfort Access, you can also set it up to unlock and lock as you approach or walk away from the car. I had to disable the unlock as my wife’s 1 series also has it and with both keys on the key ring, cars were constantly unlocking and locking!
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2020, 02:26 PM   #6
A/J
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanli722 View Post
The car will start with the push button even if you've got the key in your pocket.

If you've specced the comfort package then you can keep the key in your pocket and the car will unlock as soon as you reach for the for handle or you can change the settings so as you approach the car it will unlock automatically and/or unlock automatically as you walk away from the car.
Ah ok so without comfort have to unlock with key, guess that’s not so bad

Do you know if the Bmw app notifies you if you leave it unlocked - v helpful thing I had on the merc

Last edited by A/J; 09-25-2020 at 05:16 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2020, 02:30 PM   #7
Alanli722
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Ah brill so without comfort have to unlock with key, guess that’s not so bad

Do you know if the Bmw app notifies you if you leave it unlocked - v helpful thing I had on the merc
You can check the status of the car in the BMW connected app. There has been the odd occasion where I know full well it's been locked but sometimes it says unlocked.

If you're unsure or far away from the vehicle you can send an unlock command and then a lock one to make sure. Unless you have comfort access and set it to lock automatically while walking away.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2020, 02:42 PM   #8
A/J
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
You can check the status of the car in the BMW connected app. There has been the odd occasion where I know full well it's been locked but sometimes it says unlocked.

If you're unsure or far away from the vehicle you can send an unlock command and then a lock one to make sure. Unless you have comfort access and set it to lock automatically while walking away.
Oh ok that’s handy then thanks
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2020, 04:29 AM   #9
A/J
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by srbs73 View Post
Congrats. If you’ve ordered comfort access it definitely does. I presume if you don’t have it then you will have to unlock the car manually. Assume you can start the car in both scenarios as I don’t think there’s anywhere to put the key?

With Comfort Access, you can also set it up to unlock and lock as you approach or walk away from the car. I had to disable the unlock as my wife’s 1 series also has it and with both keys on the key ring, cars were constantly unlocking and locking!
cheers! yep having to put the key in a key hole would be old school
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2020, 04:30 AM   #10
A/J
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

another silly question is there an eco mode that turns off the sports exhaust, does it save on petrol?
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2020, 10:44 AM   #11
srbs73
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW i4 M50

Quote:
another silly question is there an eco mode that turns off the sports exhaust, does it save on petrol?
There’s a few threads on mpg for the M340i. I think it’s really excellent, if you keep it in Comfort or Eco, you can easily get into high 30’s mpg without really trying. In either mode the valves are closed. Not sure this makes a difference to mpg or just the noise
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2020, 02:31 PM   #12
A/J
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by srbs73 View Post
There’s a few threads on mpg for the M340i. I think it’s really excellent, if you keep it in Comfort or Eco, you can easily get into high 30’s mpg without really trying. In either mode the valves are closed. Not sure this makes a difference to mpg or just the noise
Excellent, was thinking don’t need the big engine for the drive to work so the eco will be good
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2020, 07:10 PM   #13
oz555
Captain
Rep
Drives: M340i x-drive

Garage List
2021 BMW M340iX  [9.00]
Quote:
Hi All, Just placed and order for G22 M440i ( arctic race blue ,tech plus pack)...

Ive just come back to bmw from merc (c43, previously e93 m3 which was amazing)

One question i have is does the push to start work with key in pocket and does the car unlock with key in pocket ... sorry for the silly question
I will make an order soon. Waiting to see more pics in wild because I can not decide which color and ext trim I like
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2020, 09:03 PM   #14
Ikester19
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: G20 M340ix; F30 328i msport

Garage List
2018 330i LCI  [0.00]
2020 G20 M340ix  [0.00]
Quote:
Cheers really looking forward to it

Although possibly thinking of changing to dravit grey
Both nice colours, Arctic Race Blue will probably be more common as it was the launch colour IMO. I have Dravit on an M340i and couldn't be happier
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2020, 09:47 PM   #15
A/J
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikester19 View Post
Both nice colours, Arctic Race Blue will probably be more common as it was the launch colour IMO. I have Dravit on an M340i and couldn't be happier
I have emailed the guy to change to dravit lol Have always preferred grey cars.

The dravit looks amazing in pictures, how is it in British weather? Do you get that light grey like nardo in daylight?
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2020, 11:37 PM   #16
Ikester19
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: G20 M340ix; F30 328i msport

Garage List
2018 330i LCI  [0.00]
2020 G20 M340ix  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
I have emailed the guy to change to dravit lol Have always preferred grey cars.

The dravit looks amazing in pictures, how is it in British weather? Do you get that light grey like nardo in daylight?
I'd say In overcast weather or shaded areas it looks nardo or darker depending on lighting. In direct sunlight it looks metallic grey with a dark army green and/or bronze hue depending on lighting angle. I also think both the cerium or black exterior trim go well with this colour
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2020, 02:57 AM   #17
JNW1
Major General
Rep
Drives: F56 Mini Cooper S

Quote:
Quote:

Ah brill so without comfort have to unlock with key, guess that’s not so bad

I've got the Comfort Pack on my car but, mainly due to security concerns with comfort access, wavered about whether to choose it or not. However, now I've got it I have to say I do quite like it and when I use Mrs JNW1's Mini I now find it slightly irritating to have to fiddle around to get the key out of my pocket to unlock the car - just so much easier to get hold of the handle and it opens!

All a bit decadent I know - and I certainly wouldn't describe it as a must have option - but IMO it's nice to have if the budget allows.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2020, 05:09 AM   #18
A/J
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
I'd say In overcast weather or shaded areas it looks nardo or darker depending on lighting. In direct sunlight it looks metallic grey with a dark army green and/or bronze hue depending on lighting angle. I also think both the cerium or black exterior trim go well with this colour

Ah sounds cool, found a few pics on online but hard too get a proper idea.

I decided to stick with the cerium as I prefer metal wheels as opposed to the all black that’s comes with the blackout pack
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2020, 05:12 AM   #19
A/J
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JNW1 View Post
I've got the Comfort Pack on my car but, mainly due to security concerns with comfort access, wavered about whether to choose it or not. However, now I've got it I have to say I do quite like it and when I use Mrs JNW1's Mini I now find it slightly irritating to have to fiddle around to get the key out of my pocket to unlock the car - just so much easier to get hold of the handle and it opens!

All a bit decadent I know - and I certainly wouldn't describe it as a must have option - but IMO it's nice to have if the budget allows.
Will def miss this, Keyless entry is standard on the Mercs and rangerovers I’ve had lately, so will be a pain to go without it. But I wanted too many other options to allow this time
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2020, 05:14 AM   #20
A/J
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Anyone know if you can double tap the brake to hold car in place when stationary or does it do it automatically , I know my old e93 m3 had this and was a life saver
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2020, 09:04 AM   #21
Keith_C
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i M Sport Plus

It will have Autohold.

Name:  Auto H.jpg
Views: 1158
Size:  95.4 KB

Select Autohold On or OFF from button on bottom right of centre console and as soon as you apply brakes and come to a standstill, Autohold holds the car stopped until you press the accelerator. It remembers the setting as well so you don't have to turn it on everytime you get in the car, just press it once, you'll notice the symbol on the right of the digital dash and jobs a good un.

Name:  Auto  Hold.jpg
Views: 1145
Size:  180.6 KB

It's a great feature on creeping Automatics, just a shame when I jump into the wife's Qashqai, I forget that doesn't have it and jolt forward at junctions and queues!!
M240i - Thundernight Metallic - Cognac Interior - M Technology Pack - Technology Plus Pack - Comfort Pack - HK - Driving Assistant - M Adaptive Suspension - 19" 893 M Double-spoke Bicolour Alloy Wheels - Aluminium Rhombicle Interior Trim
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2020, 10:16 AM   #22
Alanli722
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Ah sounds cool, found a few pics on online but hard too get a proper idea.

I decided to stick with the cerium as I prefer metal wheels as opposed to the all black that's comes with the blackout pack
I too wasn't fond of black wheels and prefer the 792m but after seeing the cerium grey outside trim in a showroom it looked worse for wear with smudges and oil marks I'm glad my car had the shadowline plus pack as it was a stock car.

I don't mind the black wheels as much now but maybe once the tyres wear down on them I might stick some winters on them and get a set of M performance or ACS wheels.
Appreciate 0