Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Local Forums UK Best BMW garage in London for damage repairs?

10-10-2020, 02:18 PM   #1
marabara
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW M6

Best BMW garage in London for damage repairs?

Hi

My car, a 2015 M6 Coupe, has suffered some damage recently - broken wing, scratched door, and also steering wheel stolen along with a smashed window (just my luck...)

Anyway I am in E2 (Bethnal Green) and wandered if any advice on best garage for repairs?

Been waiting 8 hours now and it was supposed to have been picked up and taken to Steve James in Enfield. Unsure if it was the BMW central recovery, their recovery agent, or garage who messed up. But am reconsidering and wandered if any recommendations on best garage to use for the repairs?

Additionally - if any advice on getting best prices for the replacement parts - offside wing and steering wheel..

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2020, 07:34 AM   #2
Soul_Glo
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G20

Sorry to hear about your car. I wonder if this thread would be better off on one of the M boards/sub-forums. You may have had your insurance arrangements in place by now.

I would opt for an official repair via a BMW Approved garage such as the one you have made contact with. That way the repair is covered under BMW warranty.

Parts wise it would quickly add up to close to a thousand and that's with used parts. Factoring in workmanship, paint, VAT etc.

Glass is definitely an insurance one and there is an absolute legend in the glass world:

http://www.glasstecpaul.com/

Nearby to E2.

Original parts wise there is a bit of a forum discount if you make contact with Cotswolds BMW Parts (Cheltenham BMW) quoting the forum and your user name it asked.
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2020, 03:47 PM   #3
RoundRound
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2017 F30 330e M Sport

For what it's worth I had my F30 fixed by Barrons BMW in Kentish Town after some idiot rear-ended me, repairs were on his insurance and its spotless. YMMV

Last edited by RoundRound; 10-25-2020 at 03:33 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2020, 04:37 PM   #4
Jamese93
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 640d Gran Coupe M-Sport

I personally use Hardev at Sira motors in Dagenham. The quality is much better than BMW, and he often has such exotica as Ferrari's and Astons, and yes, really. He's looked after my cars for many years after me originally being recommended him on this very forum. He's also very competitively priced.
Appreciate 0