Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum What does "released to trucking company" mean anyways?

08-30-2019, 03:01 PM   #1
bquatt
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 330xi m-sport

What does "released to trucking company" mean anyways?

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
My 2020 3 was just finally released to a trucking company last night and the ETA to the dealer is today. My BMW states it's still at the port, however. Which leads me to my question, what does it mean when they release the car to the trucking company? Is it then literally "on" a truck at that point? Or does that mean that it's just scheduled for a truck to pickup?
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2019, 04:23 PM   #2
kenya971
Private
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by bquatt View Post
My 2020 3 was just finally released to a trucking company last night and the ETA to the dealer is today. My BMW states it's still at the port, however. Which leads me to my question, what does it mean when they release the car to the trucking company? Is it then literally "on" a truck at that point? Or does that mean that it's just scheduled for a truck to pickup?
FYI. The site can lag. This morning my vehicle was still listed on the website as at port. In actuality, my vehicle was released to carrier on Wednesday and delivered to dealer on Thursday. If the ETA came from your dealer you should be able to trust it.
Appreciate 0