Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) General G20 Sedan / G22 Coupe / G26 Gran Coupe Discussions ConnectedDrive services no longer working

11-03-2020, 05:18 AM   #1
G20.rjm
Enlisted Member
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i

ConnectedDrive services no longer working

I tried using the Concierge Service yesterday after my iDrive was updated to July 2020. The car makes an outbound call but all I hear is a pre-recorded voice in German stating that the number I have dialled is not connected. The same happens when I try the Roadside Assistance and Customer Support functions. These all used to work. I then tried the SOS function and that also did not connect at all. This is supposedly one of the safety features of the car (G20). All of these functions used to work. All other online features are working ... weather, remote unlock etc

Anyone else having this issue? I can't work out whether it's a backend server issue or some problem with the new software in the vehicle.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2020, 01:12 PM   #2
acskrink
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW m340i

Mine hasn't worked since Late March/Early April after receiving the OTA March 2020 update. That includes the app on my phone (doesn't properly connect with car data, can't send addresses to car from phone, etc) and the Connected Drive feature on the car screen is nowhere to be found. I've even been having difficulties measuring the oil level which stops at around 18% every time I try the measurement via car system - finally checked manually and put a quart of oil in since it was evidently low. I tried updating the apps, resetting the system (hold the booking knob button down until it restarts twice), and everything else the Concierge suggested to no avail. Been waiting for the July Update in hopes that would fix it which BMW says US users should get in the coming weeks but I'm not holding my breath.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2020, 09:16 PM   #3
markonline007
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW 330i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by G20.rjm View Post
I tried using the Concierge Service yesterday after my iDrive was updated to July 2020. The car makes an outbound call but all I hear is a pre-recorded voice in German stating that the number I have dialled is not connected. The same happens when I try the Roadside Assistance and Customer Support functions. These all used to work. I then tried the SOS function and that also did not connect at all. This is supposedly one of the safety features of the car (G20). All of these functions used to work. All other online features are working ... weather, remote unlock etc

Anyone else having this issue? I can't work out whether it's a backend server issue or some problem with the new software in the vehicle.
Silly question but did you check the settings for privacy? Mine reset after the update and I had to go back in and reauthorize the privacy settings.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2020, 09:22 PM   #4
G20.rjm
Enlisted Member
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by markonline007 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by G20.rjm View Post

Silly question but did you check the settings for privacy? Mine reset after the update and I had to go back in and reauthorize the privacy settings.
Thanks for the response. I did check that and it was all good. Still no luck with the services though. I have the car checked in with the dealer to resolve.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2020, 11:56 PM   #5
bimmer456
Major General
Rep
Drives: 340i

Connected drive is unreliable just use Apple car play.
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2020, 12:27 AM   #6
ovesund
Private First Class
Sweden
Rep
Drives: i4 eDrive40, i3 60Ah

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmer456 View Post
Aren't you comparing apples to oranges now?
Can you really pre-heat the car, lock/unlock etc from Apple Carplay?
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2020, 03:45 PM   #7
bimmer456
Major General
Rep
Drives: 340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovesund View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmer456 View Post
Aren't you comparing apples to oranges now?
Can you really pre-heat the car, lock/unlock etc from Apple Carplay?
Don't really need those features main thing I use is navigation which becomes almost non functional without connected drive.
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2020, 12:57 AM   #8
ovesund
Private First Class
Sweden
Rep
Drives: i4 eDrive40, i3 60Ah

It's almost totally the opposite for me, since I have a PHEV and a BEV I really use the pre-heat function quite a lot, monitor charging etc. I use the navigation perhaps twice a month and I really like the BMW UI a lot better in Spotify than the Apple car play interface.
Apple car play looks ancient (that said, I have never really liked IOS, just forced to use iphone at work) but perhaps you can change from the standard washed out colors to make it look more modern.
I hope Android Auto will look better in the BMW when they finally push it out as a remote upgrade.
Appreciate 0