Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum Stop Sale Tracking

10-19-2022, 12:16 PM   #67
ROGER L
Rep
Drives: 330e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zell2k1 View Post
Last I heard is they should have a fix by November. The exact date was not given so hopefully in a couple weeks
If November, it will be 4.5-5 months of wait. I cannot believe that. 3 months are acceptable, but 4-5 months........

I'm speechless
Appreciate 1
      10-19-2022, 12:19 PM   #68
sizeej
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '23 M3 Jahre & 330e

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROGER L View Post
If November, it will be 4.5-5 months of wait. I cannot believe that. 3 months are acceptable, but 4-5 months........

I'm speechless
Maybe ask your dealer for a $100 off per month wait! That is a long wait, I'm just shy of a month right now.
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2022, 12:43 PM   #69
ROGER L
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizeej View Post
Maybe ask your dealer for a $100 off per month wait! That is a long wait, I'm just shy of a month right now.
yea, when it got released to the market, i placed the order and send in the deposit on the same day.

i was hoping that this week will be the last week for them to release the hold, but seems like no luck. Next week is about the longest i can wait.

do you guys have the same problem? i feel like car sales person are mostly shit. My friend bought a 7 series, have the same problem like me. after you pay the deposit, they just disappear. No mater how much we ask, no reply.

Either way, those people will not have any of my respect after these experience i had with them.
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2022, 02:32 PM   #70
bkpavement
Rep
Drives: Audi Q5 (Rental)

Called Genius (again) after seeing my status go back to "At the port" but they confirmed my 330e is now at the VPC, scheduled to hit the dealership on Sunday, 10/23 (I'm in Southern California).

She did note the recall/stop sale but didn't say if there was a fix. Mentioned the same thing as usual - just a software thing, shouldn't take long.

Right after I actually heard from my dealer unprompted, who said it's got a recall on it. Said there is no ETA on the fix but will let me know once he hears from the service department.

Just update the damn software already, can't be this much trouble just to get the camera to show up the right way.
Appreciate 1
      10-19-2022, 02:34 PM   #71
sizeej
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
yea, when it got released to the market, i placed the order and send in the deposit on the same day.

i was hoping that this week will be the last week for them to release the hold, but seems like no luck. Next week is about the longest i can wait.

do you guys have the same problem? i feel like car sales person are mostly shit. My friend bought a 7 series, have the same problem like me. after you pay the deposit, they just disappear. No mater how much we ask, no reply.

Either way, those people will not have any of my respect after these experience i had with them.
Oh I have had my share of stories ordering my i4. I was 15 on the list 4 months ago...and somehow a month ago I was still 15 but they got 2 allocations earlier this month.
decided to go ahead and placed a 2nd order at a dealer I called. The guy raved that I would be 20th and he just had a customer get their car from July. Well I called to place my deposit the next morning and that guy says no, I would be 25th? I was like how is that when I was just told last night I would be 20th? He said he would call me back and now I'm somehow #15 at their dealership. I think the allocation list gets manipulated constantly based on who they need to please NOT who ordered first.

No movement on one list and literally jumped to the same que at another dealer within no time?
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2022, 02:38 PM   #72
Aloha
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 330e

Current update is stop sale has been dropped and replaced with a non compliance recall on german website. Our best bet is 2 more weeks of waiting if based on November patch they've been saying
Appreciate 1
sizeej282.00
      10-19-2022, 03:30 PM   #73
sizeej
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aloha View Post
Current update is stop sale has been dropped and replaced with a non compliance recall on german website. Our best bet is 2 more weeks of waiting if based on November patch they've been saying
My SA is optimistic based on past stop sales and the transition to clear them. We shall see. I check the webpage daily for my VIN. Hoping someone's car clears soon
Appreciate 2
Aloha46.50
      10-19-2022, 04:46 PM   #74
Aloha
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizeej View Post
Quote:
My SA is optimistic based on past stop sales and the transition to clear them. We shall see. I check the webpage daily for my VIN. Hoping someone's car clears soon
I check mines daily as well and my car has been at the dealership since they issued the stop sale. Really frustrating and it doesn't help that dealerships and genius are clueless about the status. Lol I hope that optimism is a fix this week
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2022, 05:46 PM   #75
JetBlack_M3
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW M3 E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkpavement View Post
Called Genius (again) after seeing my status go back to "At the port" but they confirmed my 330e is now at the VPC, scheduled to hit the dealership on Sunday, 10/23 (I'm in Southern California).

She did note the recall/stop sale but didn't say if there was a fix. Mentioned the same thing as usual - just a software thing, shouldn't take long.

Right after I actually heard from my dealer unprompted, who said it's got a recall on it. Said there is no ETA on the fix but will let me know once he hears from the service department.

Just update the damn software already, can't be this much trouble just to get the camera to show up the right way.
Genius was telling me that my car will be held at VPC due to the stop sale and won't be released until the recall has been fixed. Is this true?
      10-19-2022, 06:11 PM   #76
sizeej
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetBlack_M3 View Post
Genius was telling me that my car will be held at VPC due to the stop sale and won't be released until the recall has been fixed. Is this true?
Yes mine has been at the port in Galveston for 2 weeks. My SA said they won't release it for transit until the do the mass update there.
Appreciate 1
      10-19-2022, 07:26 PM   #77
Galex999
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 330e Alpine White

My car's status was "In Transit" for few days but today it shows as "At The Port" which one step backward. What's going on? I guess this means the car is still at the Mexico port? Anyone having same issue?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-19-2022, 07:28 PM   #78
SoCalJon
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW330e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galex999 View Post
My car's status was "In Transit" for few days but today it shows as "At The Port" which one step backward. What's going on? I guess this means the car is still at the Mexico port? Anyone having same issue?
I believe they reuse “at the port” for both ports, and “in transit” for both the ship and for stateside trucking.

Call Genius to be sure.
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2022, 10:59 PM   #79
muwlshuai
Rep
Drives: X5 45e

Quote:

I'm speechless
The LCI productions starts in begining Aug, and looks like 330e first starts on Aug 3rd.

I also placed my order in June. The allocation for mine was first week of August, however factor is not scheduling my build util end of August. I still don't know how factory decide on ordering of builds.
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2022, 11:01 PM   #80
muwlshuai
Rep
Drives: X5 45e

Quote:
I think recall is the upgrade version of stop sale.
But at least means they've confirmed the issue.

November is used for estimate, probably because it's the time for releasing 11/2022 software.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2022, 01:49 AM   #81
Aloha
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalJon View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galex999 View Post
I believe they reuse “at the port” for both ports, and “in transit” for both the ship and for stateside trucking.

Call Genius to be sure.
Yes they do
At port: mexican port
In transit: ship to the states
At port: us port/vpc
In transit: to the dealership
Appreciate 1
SoCalJon234.50
      10-20-2022, 05:20 PM   #82
ROGER L
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by muwlshuai View Post
The LCI productions starts in begining Aug, and looks like 330e first starts on Aug 3rd.

I also placed my order in June. The allocation for mine was first week of August, however factor is not scheduling my build util end of August. I still don't know how factory decide on ordering of builds.
I think mine got in to production line in late July, at dealer around 9/15
and i decided to take it on 9/23. and then fak up.=.=
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2022, 05:28 PM   #83
teddo
Rep
Drives: 2023 330e

Quote:
everytime someone posts, I get false hope that the stop sale has been lifted... ooof hindsight 20/20.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2022, 05:37 PM   #84
JetBlack_M3
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW M3 E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by teddo View Post
Quote:
everytime someone posts, I get false hope that the stop sale has been lifted... ooof hindsight 20/20.
I thought I was the only one
      10-20-2022, 05:48 PM   #85
Aloha
Private
United_States
Rep

Haha this will be updated daily till the stop sale does get lifted. But I do check this daily and will give current updates
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2022, 06:56 AM   #86
tracythorne
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 850 GC

And I too will be checking daily - sometimes more - as my car progresses slowly rightward across the build status bar - currently at "ready for transport".

First world problem I suppose.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2022, 08:01 AM   #87
sizeej
Private First Class
Rep

3 pm in Germany so I suspect another week with no updates.... :-(

Lets see what next week brings.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2022, 12:56 PM   #88
Aloha
Private
United_States
Rep

It's a good thing that some of you guys have progress in your builds, something to look forward to. I've been stuck at the dealership since the stop sale started. Hopefully this will clear up before your cars arrive. The wait feels longer when it's just sitting there.
Appreciate 2
sizeej282.00