Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Local Forums UK 2 bad UK dealer experiences Not Happy

07-09-2021, 08:36 AM   #23
Rhino at Work
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G21 330i Portimao Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by njw1967 View Post
Does any one have the list of companies who they are partnered with ?

cant find it on the website ?

Regards Neil
I don't think it's published. I contacted them through their website https://www.bmwgroupsupplier.co.uk/contact and explained that I work for a supplier to BMW. As it happens the person I dealt with knew we are a supplier but if it's less obvious they must have to do some background checks. After that you send them a configurator link of your build and they send back a quote.
Appreciate 1
njw1967619.50
      07-09-2021, 11:17 AM   #24
isleaiw1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: iPace / Mini

Quote:
Originally Posted by willougs View Post
Annual mileage of 8000? Crikey. Seems very low. Dont think I'd be spending that sort of dough on a car and not using it
But would you spend all that money on a car you wrecked the value of by doing so many miles....? I remember a few years ago I was driving 35k miles a year, and running a Volvo bought with 30k on the clock and sold with 160k. My neighbour was an estate agent and had a Porsche but because that was unacceptable to potential customers he was using an old Clio for work. We used to ask who could actually justify spending loads on a car....

I'm also a 8k a year man, as I commute by train. And I split the 8k across 2 cars!!
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2021, 11:30 AM   #25
willougs
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 330e

Quote:
Originally Posted by isleaiw1 View Post
But would you spend all that money on a car you wrecked the value of by doing so many miles....?
Yep. I dont buy a car as an asset. It's a tool to help me perform my daily chores/activities. As I tend to use it quite a lot (and luckily at this particular time in my life I can) I've treated myself to a pretty nice one. Resale value is pretty low on my mind as I'm just enjoying using it now.

I'd rather get loads of use out of it and give it away than have it sitting around (depreciating anyway) and not used. If that was the case, I also may as well have a clio sat on the drive as any other car.

Anyway, was merely pointing out 8k miles seems quite low, so whilst the monthly figures look appealing, that might not suit everyone. If I was treating myself to a car of that money, I'd want to be out using it.
I wouldnt want a low mileage cap to hinder my options / affect my decisions on actually using it.

Last edited by willougs; 07-09-2021 at 11:43 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2021, 01:00 PM   #26
isleaiw1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: iPace / Mini

Quote:
Originally Posted by willougs View Post
Yep. I dont buy a car as an asset. It's a tool to help me perform my daily chores/activities. As I tend to use it quite a lot (and luckily at this particular time in my life I can) I've treated myself to a pretty nice one. Resale value is pretty low on my mind as I'm just enjoying using it now.

I'd rather get loads of use out of it and give it away than have it sitting around (depreciating anyway) and not used. If that was the case, I also may as well have a clio sat on the drive as any other car.

Anyway, was merely pointing out 8k miles seems quite low, so whilst the monthly figures look appealing, that might not suit everyone. If I was treating myself to a car of that money, I'd want to be out using it.
I wouldnt want a low mileage cap to hinder my options / affect my decisions on actually using it.
The cap only applies if you keep it to the end and there is absolutely zero chance of me doing that - unless I am buying it out when it also doesnt matter!

I absolutely get your point and look at mine (which can go 10 days between turning a wheel) and wonder why I bother.... but when I do drive it I love it, and enjoy the experience even more. At 35k a year, all that really mattered was fuel consumption, comfort, stereo, and running costs.... oh, and reliability. Hence the Volvo. But if you asked me to use it for fun, no chance! used to drive my wife's Mini at weekends for a change....

Now I have a mini for the daily drudgery (station when in London mainly) and a driveway queen for fun. One day I will stop peeing money up the wall and be sensible but I guess that will come when it has to..... retirement!
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2021, 02:49 PM   #27
JNW1
Major General
Rep
Drives: F56 Mini Cooper S

Quote:
Update
Now they are suggesting I take the car as a Demo on their insurance until the logbook appears then pay for the car,

negotiations are currently around the 18% discount figure although I left them with my thoughts of 20% so I'm expecting them to come back with some common ground between those figures.

They claim to have sent the logbook to DVLA via snail mail with a covering headed letter stating a clerical error was made and it should have been registered to myself the sales manager said if the log book turns up with me as the first keeper the deal still stands and then I've had a major result, if it turns with me as the second keeper I think its still not a bad deal My M4 F82 was pre registered zero miles car and it didn't affect its resale value.
In the current climate I actually think an 18% discount is pretty good! Given the circumstances I understand your desire to push for more but it's not exactly a buyer's market at the moment; new cars are difficult to get hold of generally due to the semi-conductor shortage and potentially the dealer won't have a problem selling a high-spec M340d Touring to someone else (probably with less than the 18% discount they're offering you!). So I suppose what I'm trying to say is if you need a car - and this one's right in terms model, specification, etc - I wouldn't be losing it for the sake of £1k; in normal times there are plenty of other fish in the sea but I get the impression that's not the case at the moment!

Anyway, good luck with it all, hope it works out and you get the car you want at a price you're happy with!
Appreciate 1
njw1967619.50
      08-23-2021, 05:46 AM   #28
Z_Victor1
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2022 G22 M440i 👍

Quote:
Does any one have the list of companies who they are partnered with ?

cant find it on the website ?

Regards Neil
BMW Group sites offering discounts
BMW Group Military and Emergency Services Sales
https://www.bmw-ukforces.co.uk
  • Police
  • National Fire Services
  • Ambulance Services
  • Prison Services
  • Air Ambulance Association
  • Institute of Advanced Motorists
  • Royal Air Force