Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Technical Topics B58 6-Cylinder Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications New MAD Product Release - M340,M440 Cat Back Exhaust System

11-13-2023, 10:26 AM   #89
AddictedTo///M
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW M340i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLDPHO3NIX View Post
Sounds like it wasn’t off by much? I tried to do the same method but my line up was off by 45°.
Mine wasn't off by too much, maybe 10°-15°. I did have to manually turn the exhaust flap to get them to line up as close as possible.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2023, 05:16 PM   #90
Info@mad-us.com
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: bmw

Quote:
Originally Posted by AddictedTo///M View Post
Mine wasn't off by too much, maybe 10°-15°. I did have to manually turn the exhaust flap to get them to line up as close as possible.
Valve motors will typically have more free range than the valve itself. Without a proper bmw scan tool which can adjust and reset the valve motors. You can try to power on the motor and use the sport button to move the motor. Try and stop it where you want it with a flat head screwdriver or disconnect it from the power.

Once you get them lined up they should self adjust between full open and closed.

Last edited by Info@mad-us.com; 11-13-2023 at 08:29 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2023, 06:30 PM   #91
dustwhyn
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i

I’m really interested in this exhaust, but the valve rattle on the cold start in the initial video you guys shared is putting me off. My Dinan has the same issue and that’s why I want to get rid of it. Is there any remedy for that?
Appreciate 2
Stag7793.50
      11-14-2023, 05:21 PM   #92
viper1ts
Rep
Drives: 2020 330i Msport

We’ll unfortunately my shop just tried to install this exhaust with the carbon fiber tips and the figment is not on point. The tips just look off and protrude too much so I need to look into installing the oem tips. I’ll have to reach out to the company because this is upsetting visual at least in my eyes
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
Stag7793.50
      11-14-2023, 06:34 PM   #93
Stag77
Private
Rep
Drives: '24 M340i XDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustwhyn View Post
I’m really interested in this exhaust, but the valve rattle on the cold start in the initial video you guys shared is putting me off. My Dinan has the same issue and that’s why I want to get rid of it. Is there any remedy for that?
Wow, that noise is extremely unpleasant. I hadn't noticed it before, but now it's impossible to miss, and I imagine it must be more pronounced in person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper1ts View Post
We’ll unfortunately my shop just tried to install this exhaust with the carbon fiber tips and the figment is not on point. The tips just look off and protrude too much so I need to look into installing the oem tips. I’ll have to reach out to the company because this is upsetting visual at least in my eyes
I agree, the fitment is unsatisfactory. The tips themselves need to be longer. Perhaps you can try to cut the pipes a bit to have the tips sit more flush. Also, is it just the angle, or do the outer tips sit lower than the inner tips?

Maybe a combination of cutting the pipe ends and fitting a different tip like this one would make the finish more appropriate? Good luck, hope it works out for you.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/39498407194...Bk9SR4yarob6Yg
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2023, 06:41 PM   #94
Info@mad-us.com
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Are those outer connecting pipes all the way in? Do you have any photos of beneath the vehicle?

Check this vehicle with carbon tips

https://g20.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...1&postcount=85

It may be due to your diffuser design. If that's the case maybe the Black or brushed stainless tips might be a better option.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2023, 09:03 PM   #95
FastLife Prince
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M340i Xdrive

This exhaust by MAD is literally MAD!!! I love it hands down one of the best exhausts on the market especially for the price… had it on for a about a week now and there is barely any drone sounds like stock in comfort and cold starts are deeper and sound better in my opinion, I haven’t experienced any rattling either. In sport mode… well you guys just watch my YouTube video to see my reaction to that lol. Amazing work!!
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2023, 10:04 PM   #96
Info@mad-us.com
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastLife Prince View Post
This exhaust by MAD is literally MAD!!! I love it hands down one of the best exhausts on the market especially for the price… had it on for a about a week now and there is barely any drone sounds like stock in comfort and cold starts are deeper and sound better in my opinion, I haven’t experienced any rattling either. In sport mode… well you guys just watch my YouTube video to see my reaction to that lol. Amazing work!!
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2023, 12:37 PM   #97
Cpatel
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: N26 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by AddictedTo///M View Post
Installed mine yesterday with carbon tips. I have it paired with an Active Autowerke catted dp. Sounds amazing! Cold start isn't obnoxious. Comfort mode is tame and allows me to go under the radar and creep out of my neighborhood. Sport mode is aggressive and sounds perfect to me. Very slight drone on highway, but easily drowned out when music playing.

Installed in my garage on ramps... Pain in the ass doing it alone on the ground, but got it done. Will need to get back under to adjust a little a get the tips exactly where I want them.

EXTREMELY happy with my purchase. I'll upload videos tomorrow
On the last picture, I see two exhaust tips are facing down while the other two are straight.

How did you manage to get all tips to be straight? Are the two that are facing down adjustable?
Appreciate 1
      11-15-2023, 01:11 PM   #98
Prophet26
Rep
Drives: BMW M340I

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpatel View Post
On the last picture, I see two exhaust tips are facing down while the other two are straight.

How did you manage to get all tips to be straight? Are the two that are facing down adjustable?
If you look closely, the inner connecting pipes that are facing down are clamped onto the piping coming out of the muffler. So it’s as easy as loosening that clamp and rotating the pipe to your desired orientation.
Appreciate 1
Cpatel39.50
      11-15-2023, 02:22 PM   #99
Stag77
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastLife Prince View Post
I'm glad you like your exhaust, but an account created just to post here right after a few critical posts is nothing but marketing fluff if you ask me.
Appreciate 2
Rdurty2682.50
siegester344.50
      11-15-2023, 03:45 PM   #100
Info@mad-us.com
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stag77 View Post
I'm glad you like your exhaust, but an account created just to post here right after a few critical posts is nothing but marketing fluff if you ask me.
I'll take responsibility for that. When I read the first comment related to cold start valve rattle I immediately reached out to the two owners in the videos to ask them if they had any issues with a cold start valve rattle. I also attached the link to the thread so they could read and understand your concerns. . I asked both if it was something they noticed or needed to be addressed and I was told NO by both, they had no issues with a valve rattle during cold start.

By no means did I ask or tell them to comment here.

The white car was using a shot gun mic which is directional and very sensitive which can pick up sounds that would possibly not be noticable otherwise.

Last edited by Info@mad-us.com; 11-15-2023 at 04:00 PM..
Appreciate 1
      11-15-2023, 04:57 PM   #101
viper1ts
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Info@mad-us.com View Post
Are those outer connecting pipes all the way in? Do you have any photos of beneath the vehicle?

Check this vehicle with carbon tips

https://g20.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...1&postcount=85

It may be due to your diffuser design. If that's the case maybe the Black or brushed stainless tips might be a better option.
Car was already done and the shop which is very reputable confirmed proper installation. We just put on the OEM tips but it’s upset I g as I did want to have the quad exhaust look. Why does it seem the exhaust are protruding downwards? Don’t think the color of the tips would help this.
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2023, 05:25 PM   #102
GOLDPHO3NIX
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: G22 M440i

Garage List
2021 BMW M440i  [10.00]
I’m posting some clips of the MAD exhaust I installed. Not biased… I paid for it myself. Overall good experience with some minor hiccups but reached out to MAD for troubleshooting and they are good on replies.

Sound is pretty good with values open. Comfort sounds like stock.

Car is completely stock except for AA catted downpipe and MAD exhaust.

Videos below are a cold start with valves closed and some light revs (all under 2k rpm) with open/closed valves. I’ll get better clips eventually outside of the neighborhood.

https://youtube.com/shorts/x6KjmMyJr...ekslI9BF2jwRNO

https://youtube.com/shorts/dsq8josjt...rSXtYx7Kk7QAB9

https://youtube.com/shorts/gg9v8fc9A...tUdySL8H0PcyqN

https://youtube.com/shorts/sy-n165sq...bCVPWs7QhMSOrC
Appreciate 1
      11-15-2023, 05:50 PM   #103
Info@mad-us.com
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLDPHO3NIX View Post
I’m posting some clips of the MAD exhaust I installed. Not biased… I paid for it myself. Overall good experience with some minor hiccups but reached out to MAD for troubleshooting and they are good on replies.

Sound is pretty good with values open. Comfort sounds like stock.

Car is completely stock except for AA catted downpipe and MAD exhaust.

Videos below are a cold start with valves closed and some light revs (all under 2k rpm) with open/closed valves. I’ll get better clips eventually outside of the neighborhood.

https://youtube.com/shorts/x6KjmMyJr...ekslI9BF2jwRNO

https://youtube.com/shorts/dsq8josjt...rSXtYx7Kk7QAB9

https://youtube.com/shorts/gg9v8fc9A...tUdySL8H0PcyqN

https://youtube.com/shorts/sy-n165sq...bCVPWs7QhMSOrC

Sounds great! That ring video is
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2023, 05:55 PM   #104
Info@mad-us.com
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Car was already done and the shop which is very reputable confirmed proper installation. We just put on the OEM tips but it’s upset I g as I did want to have the quad exhaust look. Why does it seem the exhaust are protruding downwards? Don’t think the color of the tips would help this.

My tip suggestion was in response to your initial comment about the tips protruding to much. The carbon portion is slightly shorter than the brushed and black tip option.

All of the rear tip pipes are able to swivel to customize the angle of the tips. You can actually see this in the video GOLDPhoenix posted https://www.youtube.com/shorts/gg9v8fc9AX4 He has the same style diffuser as you as well.

Without a proper photo I cannot give any more advise other to to try and raise up a bit.
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2023, 07:46 PM   #105
Stag77
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Info@mad-us.com View Post
My tip suggestion was in response to your initial comment about the tips protruding to much. The carbon portion is slightly shorter than the brushed and black tip option.

All of the rear tip pipes are able to swivel to customize the angle of the tips. You can actually see this in the video GOLDPhoenix posted https://www.youtube.com/shorts/gg9v8fc9AX4 He has the same style diffuser as you as well.

Without a proper photo I cannot give any more advise other to to try and raise up a bit.
The fitment in this video looks much better, though I'd like to point out that viper1ts has a 3 series LCI, and this is a 4 series in the videos. The rear bumpers are different.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2023, 06:25 PM   #106
viper1ts
Rep

It does appear that the LCI’s diffuser was also not taken into consideration when optimizing fitment. I’ll have to ask MAD for a refund on the tips bummer.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2023, 08:34 PM   #107
Whysitcold
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW M440i

Wish I would’ve found this thread a couple months ago when it was on sale
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2023, 08:52 PM   #108
Info@mad-us.com
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
It does appear that the LCI’s diffuser was also not taken into consideration when optimizing fitment. I’ll have to ask MAD for a refund on the tips bummer.

Without additional photos to pinpoint the problem, I can only speculate that it may require adjustment. It's worth mentioning that it aligns perfectly with the 4 Series LCI, and there are currently no exhaust systems specifically designed for the 3 Series LCI available in the market.

I pm'd you in regards to the tip return.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2023, 08:54 PM   #109
Info@mad-us.com
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whysitcold View Post
Wish I would’ve found this thread a couple months ago when it was on sale
It is on black Friday sale
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2023, 09:44 PM   #110