Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Technical Topics B58 6-Cylinder Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications FTP Charge Pipe - Fitment Issue?

02-27-2024, 07:43 PM   #1
legolego
Singapore
Rep
Drives: M340i

FTP Charge Pipe - Fitment Issue?

Hi,

I purchased and received a FTP charge pipe from a reputable vendor.

Can't seem to get the pipe to fit over turbo outlet. No matter how I pushed and twisted (and shouted) the pipe just doesn't seem to fit over turbo outlet enough for the c-clamp to lock in place.

I am by no means an expert installer but I tried to reinstall the stock pipe and it clipped back with ease.

Is there something that I may be missing to do here?

Sorry couldn't take a picture of where the issue might be as it's super tight area to work with.

I have a picture of the stock pipe side by side FTP for comparison. They look very similar. Could the blue arrow point to where the issue is?
Attached Images

Last edited by legolego; 03-04-2024 at 12:54 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2024, 11:28 AM   #2
mike@x-ph.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

I recommend you reach out to your vendor with install pictures, and they will create a warranty claim with FTP directly to solve the issue or replace the charge pipe

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 1
      03-03-2024, 11:48 AM   #3
kuzdu
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 21 M240i

Soooo i did my install today on my 240 i wish it was easy as my f22 lol. You will need to use some force and put that pipe on. As long as it is for a G series it will go on. I put a little Grease on mine and had to damn near force it on the turbo. The clip finally snapped in and i made sure it was in there tight, moving and trying to wiggle off. Now im ready to put my meth nozzles next and let a rip.
Appreciate 1
      03-04-2024, 01:09 AM   #4
legolego
Singapore
Rep
Drives: M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuzdu View Post
Soooo i did my install today on my 240 i wish it was easy as my f22 lol. You will need to use some force and put that pipe on. As long as it is for a G series it will go on. I put a little Grease on mine and had to damn near force it on the turbo. The clip finally snapped in and i made sure it was in there tight, moving and trying to wiggle off. Now im ready to put my meth nozzles next and let a rip.
I think I need some weeks of gym to attempt again. Lol. Need a lot of patience too. The stock pipe was a bitch to wriggle out.

The CTS turbo inlet pipe install was a breeze. It clipped on so easy it felt like the installation wasn't right; The pipe doesn't slide around the turbo inlet by itself but it does very freely if I push it with little effort
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2024, 09:00 AM   #5
kuzdu
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 21 M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by legolego View Post
I think I need some weeks of gym to attempt again. Lol. Need a lot of patience too. The stock pipe was a bitch to wriggle out.

The CTS turbo inlet pipe install was a breeze. It clipped on so easy it felt like the installation wasn't right; The pipe doesn't slide around the turbo inlet by itself but it does very freely if I push it with little effort
lol take out the C Clamp and then push the pipe on, then slap on the c clamp. At least after this one is secured in it will never pop out lol. good luck and i know that old stock pipe, had to remove so many things just to take it out. thank god the down pipe will be easier.
Appreciate 1