Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) General G20 Sedan / G22 Coupe / G26 Gran Coupe Discussions What is that noise? Identifying rattling noises

03-05-2024, 04:58 PM   #397
akim89
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2022 m240i x-drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by welikefujika View Post
Can someone help me identify this rattle? I can't tell if it's coming from behind the steering wheel, or the side speakers? If you happen to know a fix please let me know, it's driving me insane.

Bro I have a g42 and I'm getting the same noise. Only on light acceleration or deceleration at low speeds. Anyone figure out a fix for this weird buzzing mechanical noise on the driver side? It's hard to explain the sound but it sounds like a bike wheel chain or a card rubbing against the a bicycle wheel.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2024, 04:57 AM   #398
blue_seather
Private
Rep
Drives: 2024 G26 M440i xDrive

Has anyone experienced a rattle from the driver side seatbelt outlet? It's right next to my ear which makes it extremely irritating. It happens ever since the car was brand new, every single time without fail, from the small vibrations during driving, even if it's on a fairly decent road and the driving is quite slow. Interestingly, on long highway journeys, at some point, the rattle disappears - either the sounds gets mixed up with the higher road noise or it just settles briefly somehow. Then, on the next drive, it's there again.

I'm planning to visit the service for them to check it out. At least it should be quite easy to demonstrate. But I wanted to see if any of you have experienced anything like this. The weirdest thing is that the seatbelt has no height adjustment, unlike some other cars, and is an entirely closed system. I can't think of anything in there that might give off this annoying rattle.
Appreciate 0