Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Local Forums UK UK - Off Topic Swissvax Leather Glaze

07-29-2022, 06:38 AM   #1
bmnut
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M440i xDrive

Swissvax Leather Glaze

Has anyone used Swissvax leather glaze on brand new leather as a surface protectant as described by Swissvax?

I've got a new order arriving soon with BMW Individual merino leather interior and was thinking of coating it with this stuff from the outset and wondering if anyone has any views or comments from personal experience having used the product themselves?
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2022, 07:50 PM   #2
Gritty
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 X3 M40i

I haven't used Swisswax but a good idea to apply a leather protectant. I had two BMW's with oyster (near white) leather and the dealer applied a coating that seemed to work well. After 3 years with a dog and kids it still looked good. Obviously we still needed to clean it but nothing stained it...
Appreciate 1
bmnut813.50
      08-17-2022, 12:30 AM   #3
bmnut
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M440i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gritty View Post
I haven't used Swisswax but a good idea to apply a leather protectant. I had two BMW's with oyster (near white) leather and the dealer applied a coating that seemed to work well. After 3 years with a dog and kids it still looked good. Obviously we still needed to clean it but nothing stained it...
Thanks for your response and good to know that a layer of protection on the leather finish can render it durable to that level of exposure yours has had over three years and such a light coloured finish as well!

I realise a coating of some sort is a must for merino leather due to the type of leather it is and the nature of the finish. I’ve decided to try this Swissvax leather glaze and see how it goes.

Thanks again for your view and relating your own experience it’s been helpful!
Appreciate 0