Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Local Forums USA - California Bay Area buyers beware Stevens Creek BMW

09-16-2019, 04:26 PM   #1
acslater
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Four wheels

Bay Area buyers beware Stevens Creek BMW

Hey guys, just wanted to share a little story that has been evolving relating to a friend and Stevens Creek BMW in Santa Clara. His salesman was a guy named Ron Ryan.

My friend went in to lease a new G20 3-series and ended up choosing a car in his spec that he liked that had 97 miles on it (he didn't really realize that's kind of a lot for a brand new car lease). As he was pulling away, he realized there was an issue with the PDC system... he immediately told Salesman Ron, and Salesman Ron says that they would get it taken care of if he just scheduled an appointment.

The next week, my friend took the car in for service, and the service center determined that the car had had a minor front impact that cracked one of the grilles and damaged one of the sensors. This wasn't something that was obvious and probably wouldn't have been noticed had the PDC not thrown an error. They tell him it's not covered under warranty, and he has to pay $2k+ to fix it.

My friend contacts Salesman Ron and asks what the hell's going on. Salesman Ron says he "doesn't remember promising to fix the PDC, sorry."

So now my friend has been trying to get ahold of the GM to make this right, and the GM has been blatantly dodging him. He's always in a meeting and never calls back. My coworker went down to the dealership in person, and the GM was in a meeting... my friend waited 15 minutes, then went to check GM's status and was told "he left for the day."

This isn't the first time I've heard of a bad experience with BMW Stevens Creek. My wife bought her F30 328i from them in 2015, and as part of the deal they promised to touch up some bad paint chips in a few locations on the car. We agreed to the terms, signed the paperwork, and brought the car back the next week for paint touch-up, which we assumed would be done by the service center.

We go to pick up the car only to find that the salesman himself touched up the paint... WITH THE WRONG COLOR. He said he knew that the color was wrong, but that he decided to touch it up anyway because he "didn't want it to rust." This guy was a real genius, because these chips were on the PLASTIC BUMPERS.

We're shopping for a new X5 right now, so I'm probably going to go down to Stevens Creek, find Ron Ryan, waste an hour or so of his time, and pull a "Pretty Woman."
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2019, 12:30 AM   #2
cywing1119
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2010 E92 M3

i have a really bad experience with them too, went there and get a lease deal on g20 m340i, the deal is good, but it tooks me a month to get all the things approved... and i still waiting for the mail from bmw fs.. won't suggest trusting that dealer at all
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2019, 10:22 PM   #3
themnmd
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 23 X5MC

Garage List
Wow that's messed up. I went to BMW of Fremont was treated very well
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2019, 11:24 AM   #4
gouravr8
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW M340i

I had the same experience

I went there to test drive the m340, but was literally put out of the showroom by the manager saying that I will not be elligible for finance so why do you want to test drive.

Guess what, the very next day I got approved at Mountain view and Monterey BMW and got it from Monterey.
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2019, 12:54 AM   #5
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Wow! Such horrible service.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2019, 05:16 PM   #6
yungbibba
Rep
Drives: 2019 330i M Sport

Those guys are definitely slimey I went in there when I was looking to lease my current car and the salespeople were not helpful at all and condescending. Glad I didn't give them business.
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2019, 11:39 PM   #7
upsidedownfunnel
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i

Garage List
2014 BMW 335i  [0.00]
That's pretty much the case for all luxury car dealerships in the area. You're not going to have a much better time in Mountain View or the other luxury dealerships on Stevens Creek. There's just way too much young money in the area. You can't get decent service or a decent deal at these places at all. They can barely keep their cars in stock. That said, their service seemed to be OK. My wife bought her car in Southern California and moved up north and they were always nice to her and never tried to rip her off.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2019, 10:57 PM   #8
bimmer456
Major General
Rep
Drives: 340i

With 97 miles you should negotiate a bigger discount off the normal 9 percent. Maybe closer to 11 percent.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2019, 10:21 PM   #9
acslater
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Four wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmer456 View Post
With 97 miles you should negotiate a bigger discount off the normal 9 percent. Maybe closer to 11 percent.
I have no idea what deal he got, but it’s 100% irrelevant to the incident being described
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2019, 01:05 PM   #10
SteveinArizona
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 530e

Quote:
Originally Posted by D3ad1ybutt View Post
Hey guys, just wanted to share a little story that has been evolving relating to a friend and Stevens Creek BMW in Santa Clara. His salesman was a guy named Ron Ryan.

My friend went in to lease a new G20 3-series and ended up choosing a car in his spec that he liked that had 97 miles on it (he didn't really realize that's kind of a lot for a brand new car lease). As he was pulling away, he realized there was an issue with the PDC system... he immediately told Salesman Ron, and Salesman Ron says that they would get it taken care of if he just scheduled an appointment.

The next week, my friend took the car in for service, and the service center determined that the car had had a minor front impact that cracked one of the grilles and damaged one of the sensors. This wasn't something that was obvious and probably wouldn't have been noticed had the PDC not thrown an error. They tell him it's not covered under warranty, and he has to pay $2k+ to fix it.

My friend contacts Salesman Ron and asks what the hell's going on. Salesman Ron says he "doesn't remember promising to fix the PDC, sorry."

So now my friend has been trying to get ahold of the GM to make this right, and the GM has been blatantly dodging him. He's always in a meeting and never calls back. My coworker went down to the dealership in person, and the GM was in a meeting... my friend waited 15 minutes, then went to check GM's status and was told "he left for the day."

This isn't the first time I've heard of a bad experience with BMW Stevens Creek. My wife bought her F30 328i from them in 2015, and as part of the deal they promised to touch up some bad paint chips in a few locations on the car. We agreed to the terms, signed the paperwork, and brought the car back the next week for paint touch-up, which we assumed would be done by the service center.

We go to pick up the car only to find that the salesman himself touched up the paint... WITH THE WRONG COLOR. He said he knew that the color was wrong, but that he decided to touch it up anyway because he "didn't want it to rust." This guy was a real genius, because these chips were on the PLASTIC BUMPERS.

We're shopping for a new X5 right now, so I'm probably going to go down to Stevens Creek, find Ron Ryan, waste an hour or so of his time, and pull a "Pretty Woman."
did you make an appointment for the work the day you bought the car? If you did, that could be proof that the problem was pre-existing.

More important...it sounds like they sold you a car that had been in an accident as a new car. That is very, very wrong and possibly fraudulent. I would demand recission and threaten to take them to court. Start talking about class actions! California is a great state to bring class action law suits.
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2019, 02:08 PM   #11
rlmesq
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2018 440i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveinArizona View Post
Start talking about class actions! California is a great state to bring class action law suits.
Talking about class action lawsuits is a good way to inform someone that you're clueless about the legal process and guarantee that you won't get any cooperation without an attorney.

Class actions consolidate multiple individual cases by individual plaintiffs who have similar claims against the same defendant (or group of defendants).

Unless you can identify other buyers who have purchased "new" vehicles with undisclosed collision damage from the same dealer, there's no class action here.

I would contact BMW NA. You could also complain to DMV, which licenses dealers, and the Department of Consumer Affairs, Bureau of Automotive Repair.
Appreciate 4
      12-30-2019, 01:07 PM   #12
sergeenho
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 340i xDrive

Garage List
Fingers crossed that I got a good deal, because I just closed a lease on a M340i xDrive. I've been searching and looking for 3 months and Stevens Creek was the best offer I got.

It's valid to note that the car had 90 miles on it, probably this is why I got a good discount (11.5%). So far, all good.

Already drove 300 miles and no problems so far.
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2020, 11:36 PM   #13
ThreePac
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M340i

So ironic to read this. I just bought my M340i yesterday from Stevens Creek and got a GREAT deal due to the COVID special and it being a retired loaner with 2K miles. $60k MSRP and got it for $48k. (tons of rebates and loyalty credit factored in too). Was treated well and also got my 430i from Stevens Creek as well. Maybe I had unique experiences, but I'm happy with them.
Appreciate 0