Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) General G20 Sedan / G22 Coupe / G26 Gran Coupe Discussions 330i Sport+ and Launch Control?

01-02-2021, 10:56 AM   #111
JTYAMSHAYIN
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by VipinLJ View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTYAMSHAYIN View Post
If it wasn't the 6 miles then idk what else it could've been. I made at least 5 attempts with the car fully up to temp.

I press the DSC button once, switch the car into M/S mode, put my left foot and press the brake peddle as far down as I can and finally fully press down the gas peddle with my right foot. The car revs but no sign of the flag nor any sign of a launch control message.
How many miles has your car done? I'm not sure if it is activated on cars under a certain mileage? The engine probably has to be run in. I know the 6 miles thing in my car isn't needed since I've done much less than that (3 miles or less) and LC worked after.
My car is at around 1,800 miles so definitely not the break in period thing. Maybe I didn't mash the gas peddle quick enough? How hard did you guys press the gas peddle?
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2021, 01:04 PM   #112
VipinLJ
Petrolhead
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘20 330i,‘16 X3,‘18 SQ5,‘17 A7

Quote:
My car is at around 1,800 miles so definitely not the break in period thing. Maybe I didn't mash the gas peddle quick enough? How hard did you guys press the gas peddle?
You don't need to mash the pedal quickly. It just has to be pressed past the kickdown button. The way I do it is:

1. Oil temp at 165F+ (I have a JB4 with the connect app that shows the oil temp)
2. Single click of the TC button to put the car in optimised traction mode
3. Car in sport+ (I've done it in sport too)
4. Shifter in S
5. Brake pedal almost to the floor
6. Throttle pedal to the floor past the kickdown button

You see the revs rising and the checkered flag along with launch control active pops up on the live cockpit as well as HUD. Don't hold on to the revs for too long or it will pull timing (that's what I've heard) and make the car slower.
2017 Audi A7 Prestige
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2021, 08:52 PM   #113
slickerxcuh
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raging_Fume View Post
Can confirm that 330i with M Sport non-adaptive comes with Sport + and launch control
Can confirm no sport+ only sport and sport individual US 330i base
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2021, 09:37 PM   #114
JTYAMSHAYIN
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by VipinLJ View Post
Quote:
You don't need to mash the pedal quickly. It just has to be pressed past the kickdown button. The way I do it is:

1. Oil temp at 165F+ (I have a JB4 with the connect app that shows the oil temp)
2. Single click of the TC button to put the car in optimised traction mode
3. Car in sport+ (I've done it in sport too)
4. Shifter in S
5. Brake pedal almost to the floor
6. Throttle pedal to the floor past the kickdown button

You see the revs rising and the checkered flag along with launch control active pops up on the live cockpit as well as HUD. Don't hold on to the revs for too long or it will pull timing (that's what I've heard) and make the car slower.
Hmm, no idea why it didn't work then. I'll try again after the break in period of my tires. Just added some PS4S to the car today so don't want to launch with brand new tires.
Appreciate 1
VipinLJ1941.50
      01-04-2021, 01:14 PM   #115
VipinLJ
Petrolhead
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘20 330i,‘16 X3,‘18 SQ5,‘17 A7

Quote:
Hmm, no idea why it didn't work then. I'll try again after the break in period of my tires. Just added some PS4S to the car today so don't want to launch with brand new tires.
Yup. Do that. I usually mash the throttle pedal too. But I don't think that should be a factor as long as you're past the kickdown button. Long ago, I couldn't activate LC because I kept long pressing the TC button (to turn TC off) instead of just clicking it (to put it into optimized traction mode).
2017 Audi A7 Prestige
Appreciate 1