Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum Let's track my 2021 M440i

04-12-2021, 02:48 PM   #45
ArcticBlueM440i
Private
Rep
Drives: 24 iX, 21 m440i cvt (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwj6211 View Post
How do you know a boat is leaving that day?
https://www.walleniuswilhelmsen.com/schedules
Can search for bremerhaven-new York.
For some reason there is a gap in mid month, usually they are 5-7 days apart but there's a two week gap this month...oh well.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2021, 03:56 PM   #46
dwj6211
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 4 Series

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcticBlueM440i View Post
Quote:
How do you know a boat is leaving that day?
https://www.walleniuswilhelmsen.com/schedules
Can search for bremerhaven-new York.
For some reason there is a gap in mid month, usually they are 5-7 days apart but there's a two week gap this month...oh well.
So smart! My last car was on the ship "Tugela". Hopefully this time both our cars are on the "TANNHAUSER".

She's a new ship!

Appreciate 0
      04-13-2021, 05:08 AM   #47
dwj6211
Private First Class
Rep

Update!

Exterior Body Assembly Begins

I'm guessing it will enter paint booth today as well... judging how others have hit multiple steps in one day, and my estimated completion date is Thursday 4.15.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-13-2021, 09:45 AM   #48
dwj6211
Private First Class
Rep

UPDATE 2, same day!!

IN THE PAINT BOOTH!!!!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-13-2021, 10:50 AM   #49
ArcticBlueM440i
Private
Rep

M440i Convertible in Arctic Race Blue with cognac
March 20 - ordered
Originally a week 15 build, moved up to 14 once marked sold.
April 1 - Entered Production
Estimated completion date April 12.
April 8 - Exterior body assembly begins
April 8 - In paint booth
April 12 - Quality check (they must have forgotten to update since it went from paint to quality check in an hour).
April 13 - Awaiting carrier assignment (again, the website skipped a few steps in updating). A bit sad the timing will probably mean 2 weeks from completion to on the water, but whatcha gonna do.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2021, 11:10 AM   #50
CCM11285
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '24 G82

Quote:
March 20 - ordered
April 8 - In paint booth
April 12 - Quality check (they must have forgotten to update since it went from paint to quality check in an hour).
April 13 - Awaiting carrier assignment (again, the website skipped a few steps in updating). A bit sad the timing will probably mean 2 weeks from completion to on the water, but whatcha gonna do.
You might get on the Tannhauser, departing Bremerhaven on the 29th 🤞🏻
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2021, 12:14 PM   #51
dwj6211
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCM11285 View Post
Quote:
March 20 - ordered
April 8 - In paint booth
You might get on the Tannhauser, departing Bremerhaven on the 29th 🤞🏻
Wishful thinking. Both our cars will make that ship.... we will be picking them up from dealer the week of 5.18, and taking advantage of the unbeatable May incentives lmao.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2021, 06:35 PM   #52
ArcticBlueM440i
Private
Rep

Quote:
Wishful thinking. Both our cars will make that ship.... we will be picking them up from dealer the week of 5.18, and taking advantage of the unbeatable May incentives lmao.
You don't think so? From the sticky thread usually seems like 10 days or so from build completion to in transit.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2021, 08:57 PM   #53
dwj6211
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
You don't think so? From the sticky thread usually seems like 10 days or so from build completion to in transit.
No. The bmw gods are upon us. WE WILL MAKE IT ON THAT SHIP!
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2021, 07:53 AM   #54
Onek2fok
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: No Car

Ouch! This hurts...

Car was ordered on April 3rd and has about a 2 month wait before production... someone tell me the genius is wrong
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-14-2021, 08:19 AM   #55
ArcticBlueM440i
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onek2fok View Post
Ouch! This hurts...

Car was ordered on April 3rd and has about a 2 month wait before production... someone tell me the genius is wrong
I think it just depends on when your dealer has allocation slots. You could call around to other dealers and see if you can find an earlier slot and cancel your original order. Or yell at your dealer and see if they can swap allocations with someone else (like maybe they have a close in allocation for a different car).
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2021, 11:12 AM   #56
ArcticBlueM440i
Private
Rep

Dispatched from factory today, I guess our cars will enjoy scenic bremerhaven for 2 weeks unless there's some other line that BMW uses that we don't know about.
Edit - weirdly now went back to awaiting carrier assignment.

Man this process is pretty amusing for OCD folks like myself.

Last edited by ArcticBlueM440i; 04-14-2021 at 11:47 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2021, 12:08 PM   #57
dwj6211
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Dispatched from factory today, I guess our cars will enjoy scenic bremerhaven for 2 weeks unless there's some other line that BMW uses that we don't know about.
Edit - weirdly now went back to awaiting carrier assignment.

Man this process is pretty amusing for OCD folks like myself.
At least you know you'll make the 28th ship! OCD here too lol.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2021, 12:11 PM   #58
dwj6211
Private First Class
Rep

UPDATE!

Just left paint booth and entered assembly line!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-14-2021, 12:14 PM   #59
dwj6211
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Ouch! This hurts...

I'd honestly look high and low for a car as similarly speced as your build, and use your order as leverage to negotiate a deal with that dealer. I'd probably need copious anxiety medication if I had to wait 2 months to start the build. So sorry this is happening to you!
Appreciate 1
      04-14-2021, 12:42 PM   #60
ArcticBlueM440i
Private
Rep

Quote:
I'd honestly look high and low for a car as similarly speced as your build, and use your order as leverage to negotiate a deal with that dealer. I'd probably need copious anxiety medication if I had to wait 2 months to start the build. So sorry this is happening to you!
Arctic race/cognac seems to be not-too-rare. The only reason I special ordered mine is I need adaptive cruise. I'd think someone would have something close? The only thing I never see is executive headlights, is that a dealbreaker?
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2021, 01:28 PM   #61
dwj6211
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Arctic race/cognac seems to be not-too-rare. The only reason I special ordered mine is I need adaptive cruise. I'd think someone would have something close? The only thing I never see is executive headlights, is that a dealbreaker?
Were you stressed about a potential shortage on the adaptive cruise parts? Did you check your vin to see if it made it into the build?
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2021, 02:01 PM   #62
Onek2fok
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Ouch! This hurts...

I think it just depends on when your dealer has allocation slots. You could call around to other dealers and see if you can find an earlier slot and cancel your original order. Or yell at your dealer and see if they can swap allocations with someone else (like maybe they have a close in allocation for a different car).
Quote:
Quote:
Ouch! This hurts...

I'm going to try taking these two routes. Trying to find a car as close to my spec as possible to see if they can match the deal that I got or better. Laser headlights are a huge want for me and so is the HK system. At the same time I'm trying to see if my dealer can get a better allocation spot for my build. Wish me luck!
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2021, 02:58 PM   #63
ArcticBlueM440i
Private
Rep

Quote:
I'm going to try taking these two routes. Trying to find a car as close to my spec as possible to see if they can match the deal that I got or better. Laser headlights are a huge want for me and so is the HK system. At the same time I'm trying to see if my dealer can get a better allocation spot for my build. Wish me luck!
I think the laser is the tough part.
Though if you have a good sales rep they can really do good digging and find every unsold car that is being built for dealers within hundreds of miles.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2021, 05:38 PM   #64
dwj6211
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Ouch! This hurts...

Quote:
Quote:
Ouch! This hurts...

Quote:
Quote:
Though if you have a good sales rep they can really do good digging and find every unsold car that is being built for dealers within hundreds of miles.
Laser headlights are standard in the exec pkg. just find a car slightly more well equipped, and use that as your baseline for negotiation.

What is your exact spec on your build? I'll help you look. It's kind of like my idiot savant power.
Appreciate 1
      04-14-2021, 08:13 PM   #65
Onek2fok
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Ouch! This hurts...

Quote:
Quote:
Ouch! This hurts...

Quote:
Quote:
Laser headlights are standard in the exec pkg. just find a car slightly more well equipped, and use that as your baseline for negotiation.

What is your exact spec on your build? I'll help you look. It's kind of like my idiot savant power.
I'm working on this in parallel too. And thanks friend, appreciate the help!

My build:
2021 BMW M440i
Artic Race Blue
Cognac
Tetragon Trim
19" M wheel 792M w/ as rft
Harman Kardon surround sound
Executive Pack
Appreciate 1
dwj621176.00
      04-15-2021, 07:12 AM   #66
dwj6211