Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum Stop Sale Tracking

10-07-2022, 04:17 PM   #1
Aloha
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 330e

Hi everyone, I know some of you got the call yesterday about picking up your vehicle from the dealership. Unfortunately, my 330e is still affected and I don't know the repair status on the rear view camera. From the forums, the cars with the recalls removed were the 330i, m340i, m3, and i4. Also some mentioning the recall being removed on the german website with their VIN. My car has been sitting at the dealership for over a week now, lets hope they resolve this asap so we can get our cars. Any 330e owners able to pick up their car with the stop sale?
Appreciate 2
      10-07-2022, 11:08 PM   #2
JetBlack_M3
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW M3 E92

I called today. They sale my car still has a stop sale
      10-08-2022, 12:31 AM   #3
Aloha
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetBlack_M3 View Post
What model you got? If you have any model but the 330e, you should be taking delivery
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2022, 08:39 AM   #4
JetBlack_M3
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW M3 E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aloha View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetBlack_M3 View Post
What model you got? If you have any model but the 330e, you should be taking delivery
330e
      10-08-2022, 10:21 PM   #5
Stevenb8
Rep

Quote:
Hi everyone, I know some of you got the call yesterday about picking up your vehicle from the dealership. Unfortunately, my 330e is still affected and I don't know the repair status on the rear view camera. From the forums, the cars with the recalls removed were the 330i, m340i, m3, and i4. Also some mentioning the recall being removed on the german website with their VIN. My car has been sitting at the dealership for over a week now, lets hope they resolve this asap so we can get our cars. Any 330e owners able to pick up their car with the stop sale?
No my 330e arrived at the dealer on Sept 22 and it has been sitting there ever since. Beginning to wonder what the real issue is. Is it really a rearview camera?
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2022, 02:16 AM   #6
Aloha
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevenb8 View Post
Quote:
No my 330e arrived at the dealer on Sept 22 and it has been sitting there ever since. Beginning to wonder what the real issue is. Is it really a rearview camera?
Its either the camera or the software, who knows But I heard we have a law here where cars aren't allowed to be sold without a functional rear view camera. Till it starts working, we are stuck at the dealership…
Appreciate 1
Anik22599.00
      10-09-2022, 07:26 AM   #7
SoCalJon
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW330e

Quote:
All we can do is rely on what BMW has said... which, while precious little, did include a Bulletin that indicated it was a software issue related to the rearview camera.

While all 3 Series likely use the same camera, the software for the 330e has to have significant code related to the ability for EV-only and Hybrid uses. Whenever there is additional code, there's additional room for error. I can imagine the scenario where a software problem manifests in the 330e but none of the other 3 Series vehicles.

Hopefully, the very fact that they've narrowed the field means that they have whittled down the problem and a fix is on the way.
Appreciate 1
Aloha46.50
      10-09-2022, 07:47 AM   #8
Aloha
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalJon View Post
Quote:
All we can do is rely on what BMW has said... which, while precious little, did include a Bulletin that indicated it was a software issue related to the rearview camera.

While all 3 Series likely use the same camera, the software for the 330e has to have significant code related to the ability for EV-only and Hybrid uses. Whenever there is additional code, there's additional room for error. I can imagine the scenario where a software problem manifests in the 330e but none of the other 3 Series vehicles.

Hopefully, the very fact that they've narrowed the field means that they have whittled down the problem and a fix is on the way.
Yup, all we can do is wait and see announcements. Best case scenario is a fix this week, worst case is a 1-2 week wait My SA is following up this week with the service manager for updates, we shall see.
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2022, 12:08 PM   #9
boxdotjpeg
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW M2

Garage List
I heard nearly all of the stop sales were lifted around Friday, except for the 330e's. I know somebody who took delivery of an M340 over the weekend so I would for sure have them check at your dealer as you might be good to go now if it was on the lot.
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2022, 01:20 PM   #10
mondayze
Captain
Rep
Drives: G20 M340xi LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxdotjpeg View Post
I heard nearly all of the stop sales were lifted around Friday, except for the 330e's. I know somebody who took delivery of an M340 over the weekend so I would for sure have them check at your dealer as you might be good to go now if it was on the lot.
are you used to idrive8 yet?
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2022, 03:23 PM   #11
Aloha
Private
United_States
Rep

Anyone got any updates from their dealership for the current stop sale on the 330e?
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2022, 06:54 PM   #12
sizeej
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '23 M3 Jahre & 330e

Mine will likely stay at the VPC in port until they can do the mass update.

I've been checking my Vin daily here:
https://www.bmw.at/de/footer/quick-l...-aktionen.html
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2022, 07:56 PM   #13
Aloha
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizeej View Post
Mine will likely stay at the VPC in port until they can do the mass update.

I've been checking my Vin daily here:
https://www.bmw.at/de/footer/quick-l...-aktionen.html
Same here for checking on the link daily. From several threads, I have noticed a correlation of it clearing out on the website and the car clearing up from stop sale. No update yet from SA for status on the stop sale though. Hoping to hear soon, impatiently waiting
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2022, 08:21 AM   #14
sttlondon
Private
Rep
Drives: 2023 330e

Mine is in the same status. It never got to the port in Mexico from what i can tell. My SA says ill see it by early November. When i called, Bmw genius does not have any more information than what we already know.
Appreciate 1
      10-12-2022, 08:32 AM   #15
sizeej
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '23 M3 Jahre & 330e

Quote:
Originally Posted by sttlondon View Post
Mine is in the same status. It never got to the port in Mexico from what i can tell. My SA says ill see it by early November. When i called, Bmw genius does not have any more information than what we already know.
just a FYI, mine never showed in the port at Mexico either. It said "ready for transit" the entire time (a week and a half) then moved to "in transit" 2 days AFTER I was already on a boat. Then the very next day it showed I was "at the Port" and Genius confirmed I was in Galveston at the VPC.

You're likely just waiting for a boat but even if you are on one, it takes 2 days to update the tracker for some reason. The genius didn't know I was at the port when I was still showing "ready for transit" they can only see so much I guess.
Appreciate 1
      10-12-2022, 01:33 PM   #16
SoCalJon
Lieutenant
Rep

My VIN (330e, Production date of 10/11/22, currently in “Final Assembly”) just got added to the recall/stop sale.
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2022, 05:08 PM   #17
Aloha
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalJon View Post
My VIN (330e, Production date of 10/11/22, currently in "Final Assembly") just got added to the recall/stop sale.
I'm assuming you are using the german website for recalls and not the broken US website. I actually just got off the phone with customer relations & genius and no update as of yet but a possible software update early november
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2022, 05:10 PM   #18
SoCalJon
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
I'm assuming you are using the german website for recalls and not the broken US website. I actually just got off the phone with customer relations & genius and no update as of yet but a possible software update early november
Yes to German (or Austrian?) site.

Thanks for the update… such that it is.
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2022, 08:16 PM   #19
Biggie335
BMW Power
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2023 M340i XDrive

Quote:
Ahh this sucks for 330e owners - I still dont fully understand how 330e's are the only ones still under the stop sale - I would have thought camera parts are standard across the 3 series line.

Hope you all dont have to wait too long.
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2022, 02:44 AM   #20
Aloha
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggie335 View Post
Quote:
Ahh this sucks for 330e owners - I still dont fully understand how 330e's are the only ones still under the stop sale - I would have thought camera parts are standard across the 3 series line.

Yup I don't get it too. It doesn't help when BMW is poor with communicating the fix to these issues. I also seen a forum member with an m340i state his camera still wasn't working when put in reverse.
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2022, 07:07 AM   #21
SoCalJon
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggie335 View Post

I don't really get it either -- except that the stated issue was initially a software issue related to the camera.

Here's my only theory -- the 330e must have significantly more code to handle the trade-off between EV, hybrid, battery control, ICE, and xtraboost modes. Every time you add new subprograms, those subprograms have to interface with the other subprograms seamlessly... and so you increase the possibility for a bug.

But I don't know... that's just my best guess.
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2022, 11:15 AM   #22
Galex999
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 330e Alpine White

This morning my 330e status has changed to "In Transit"! Even about a hour ago it was "At The Port".

Not sure if the "In Transit" means the car has arrived at USA and being transported either by train or truck... Anyway, I'm so glad it finally got out of "Ready for Transport" which it was for last couple weeks.

Can't wait to see it in the Northern California dealership soon. I'll post more updates soon.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1