Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Photos / Videos / Journals RaceChip GTS Black Tune for G20 M340 unveiled. Dynoed and raced vs F82 M4

07-04-2020, 04:31 AM   #23
BDO
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 X6 40d M-sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisny View Post
I agree about the masks but we have the most cases because we have the most testing. I'm sure there are idiots elsewhere refusing to distance and wear masks too. 😉
Love it how Trumpettes out themselves at every step.
Appreciate 3
      07-04-2020, 07:27 AM   #24
chrisny
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDO View Post
Quote:
I agree about the masks but we have the most cases because we have the most testing. I'm sure there are idiots elsewhere refusing to distance and wear masks too. 😉
Love it how Trumpettes out themselves at every step.
Ok, "citizen of the world."

Love how morons draw incorrect conclusions without hesitation or any actual thought. This was not a political discussion and shouldn't become one. This isn't a political forum nor the purpose of this thread.
Appreciate 4
Sedan_Clan24809.50
trey1001125.00
paliknight2186.50
      07-04-2020, 09:45 AM   #25
scrammer
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3 Ultimate

[/QUOTE]
I'm glad someone commented on the mask one liner. It's no wonder America has the most cases. Comments like those are moronic at best.[/QUOTE]
... Actual stats can help tell the real story!
Attached Images

Current ///M: 2017 M3 Ultimate
Past ///M Cars: E92 M3 ZCP 'CDN LRP' … E85 Z4M-R ... E92 M3 ZCP Frozen ... E90 M3 ... E46 M3 Cab ... E46 M3 ZCP ... E46 M3
Appreciate 3
paliknight2186.50
chrisny546.50
      07-04-2020, 10:59 AM   #26
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrammer View Post
Quote:
I'm glad someone commented on the mask one liner. It's no wonder America has the most cases. Comments like those are moronic at best.
... Actual stats can help tell the real story!
Love stats.
Appreciate 2
trey1001125.00
      07-04-2020, 12:31 PM   #27
TorontoGambler
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Volvo XC90 Inscription

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
Love stats.
M4 is clearly the better sports car but the fact that the M340 is as smooth and powerful as it is with an engine that has way more to give with a tune is impressive!!

Unfortunately stats mean nothing anymore because you can’t trust they weren’t manipulated, safer to assume they are. China not showing in the top 5 worst Covid countries... please!, it hit there first and no protocols were in place. It seems clear they arent reporting accurate stats. Trump’s lie count is higher then all previous Pres’s combined, safe to say he had no motivation to tell the truth and his response and response of many states is deplorable... so yes wear a freak’n mask!!! That said, I’m fine if you don’t, just stay close to the others without a mask not the rest of us and with any luck Darwinism will take over.
Appreciate 3
      07-04-2020, 12:33 PM   #28
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorontoGambler View Post
Quote:
Love stats.
M4 is clearly the better sports car but the fact that the M340 is as smooth and powerful as it is with an engine that has way more to give with a tune is impressive!!

Unfortunately stats mean nothing anymore because you can’t trust they weren’t manipulated, safer to assume they are. China not showing in the top 5 worst Covid countries... please!, it hit there first and no protocols were in place. It seems clear they arent reporting accurate stats. Trump’s lie count is higher then all previous Pres’s combined, safe to say he had no motivation to tell the truth and his response and response of many states is deplorable... so yes wear a freak’n mask!!! That said, I’m fine if you don’t, just stay close to the others without a mask not the rest of us and with any luck Darwinism will take over.
I guess mask-shaming is the new thing now.
Appreciate 1
paliknight2186.50
      07-04-2020, 02:15 PM   #29
TorontoGambler
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Yes disease spread shaming, racism shaming, sexist shaming... all things now. Kinda should have been a thing forever but better late than never. You might want to join the party.
Appreciate 2
BDO276.00
chris7197273.00
      07-04-2020, 02:16 PM   #30
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorontoGambler View Post
Quote:
Yes disease spread shaming, racism shaming, sexist shaming... all things now. Kinda should have been a thing forever but better late than never. You might want to join the party.
I'll let you all party along.
Appreciate 1
paliknight2186.50
      07-04-2020, 04:50 PM   #31
AD18
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Azurite Black E92 335i DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by r33_RGSport View Post

Here is the the YouTube video, enjoy...
Nice video, been waiting for a good comparison on youtube.
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2020, 05:50 PM   #32
535i MSport
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2017 C63S T

I'm glad someone commented on the mask one liner. It's no wonder America has the most cases. Comments like those are moronic at best.[/QUOTE]
... Actual stats can help tell the real story![/QUOTE]

They do, but countries count the deaths in different ways. Some only count deaths in hospitals, whilst some count all deaths in a care home as Covid, even if only one death was confirmed as being due to Covid, so there is lots of variation.

2017 C63S T 510PS
Appreciate 3
      07-04-2020, 09:06 PM   #33
MNoob
Grand Duke
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 M4CSL

Garage List
2024 BMW X3MC  [10.00]
2005 Lotus Elise  [10.00]
2023 BMW M4 CSL  [10.00]
came to read car shit and got stuck with bull shit.
      07-04-2020, 10:35 PM   #34
trey100
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2 Competition

How are people spending time talking about masks and Covid here? God, TDS is absolutely real.
Appreciate 1
r33_RGSport12801.50
      07-05-2020, 06:00 AM   #35
BDO
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by trey100 View Post
How are people spending time talking about masks and Covid here? God, TDS is absolutely real.
How? Look to the beginning of the thread, and you'll see an ignoramus blathering about how it's "good" to "see a video without masks". That's how.

Responsible people then called him out on the utter stupidity of that statement, as they should. I hope that everyone keeps doing that, regarding all issues, and we stop the implicit acceptance by hiding behind "it's a car forum".

I definitely don't want to be a part of any forum, car or otherwise, where ignorant rednecks can slip in remarks like that unchecked, and have other rednecks defend them by piling onto others who responsibly call out such behaviour.
Appreciate 3
chris7197273.00
rallybull179.00
      07-05-2020, 07:27 AM   #36
TorontoGambler
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
How? Look to the beginning of the thread, and you'll see an ignoramus blathering about how it's "good" to "see a video without masks". That's how.

Responsible people then called him out on the utter stupidity of that statement, as they should. I hope that everyone keeps doing that, regarding all issues, and we stop the implicit acceptance by hiding behind "it's a car forum".

I definitely don't want to be a part of any forum, car or otherwise, where ignorant rednecks can slip in remarks like that unchecked, and have other rednecks defend them by piling onto others who responsibly call out such behaviour.
Here, here!! We only get the new world we want if we do something to get it. Keeping quiet hasn’t worked. Time for change.

On the car front... those of you tuning the engine, do you track or just love the extra speed for e eryday thrills? I don’t track and if I did I can’t imagine I’d do it often but I do love speed.
Appreciate 2
chris7197273.00
      07-05-2020, 08:53 AM   #37
MightyMouseTech
Major General
Rep
Drives: 13 135i 6MT LeMans Blue MSport

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBBF87 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragged Edge View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miko M View Post
Another debate about real ///M car or M performance. Lol

RC is definitely worth every penny and it's easy install.

BTW glad to see video without stupid masks
I don't want to hijack, but I agree the masks look silly sometimes, however they will save the lives of many vulnerable loved ones. It is worth the effort to wear them.
In terms of blurred lines between the M's and M performance.... also agreed.
I hope the new M3/4 is distinctly better than the regular G series.... but all the cars are so good now, and they have to keep slightly ahead of the competition in their niche.
Enjoyed the vid none-the-less!
I'm glad someone commented on the mask one liner. It's no wonder America has the most cases. Comments like those are moronic at best.
You're delusional.
Appreciate 3
      07-05-2020, 08:56 AM   #38
chrisny
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyMouseTech View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBBF87 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragged Edge View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miko M View Post
Another debate about real ///M car or M performance. Lol

RC is definitely worth every penny and it's easy install.

BTW glad to see video without stupid masks
I don't want to hijack, but I agree the masks look silly sometimes, however they will save the lives of many vulnerable loved ones. It is worth the effort to wear them.
In terms of blurred lines between the M's and M performance.... also agreed.
I hope the new M3/4 is distinctly better than the regular G series.... but all the cars are so good now, and they have to keep slightly ahead of the competition in their niche.
Enjoyed the vid none-the-less!
You're delusional.
Great comment. Adds a lot to the conversation. Such thought and factual evidence. Well done.
Appreciate 2
paliknight2186.50
MCHLBMR148.00
      07-05-2020, 09:00 AM   #39
BMthusiast
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BSM F80 M-DCT

I've got RaceChip GTS installed on my N20 (28i RWD) and it's been absolutely amazing so far. I've noticed slightly better gas mileage driving casually and major boost compared to stock while driving enthusiastically.

I definitely wouldn't mind rolling around in a B58 xDrive boosted with RaceChip GTS though! I'm sure it moves swiftly. Talk about bang for your buck.
      07-05-2020, 09:25 AM   #40
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by trey100 View Post

So we should censure people now just because we don't agree with them?!? Got it! The new America.
Appreciate 1
paliknight2186.50
      07-05-2020, 09:32 AM   #41
BDO
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
So we should censor people now just because we don't agree with them?!? Got it! The new America.
Nice strawman, but no dice. No one "censored" him - maybe you should look up what that means.

Calling out people on the stupid, passive-aggressive statements? Hell yes, every time.
Appreciate 7
jmg18493.00
chris7197273.00
rallybull179.00
ToysArs60.50
      07-05-2020, 09:34 AM   #42
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
So we should censor people now just because we don't agree with them?!? Got it! The new America.
Nice strawman, but no dice. No one "censored" him - maybe you should look up what that means.

Calling out people on the stupid, passive-aggressive statements? Hell yes, every time.
Censure. See my autocorrected edit. In any case, the level of virtue signaling and racial epithet usage from the "citizen of the world" is apparent. So classy! Such richness added to the conversation. You have definitely proven your ascension beyond us. Bravo!
Appreciate 1
paliknight2186.50
      07-05-2020, 09:44 AM   #43
BDO
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Censure. See my autocorrected edit. In any case, the level of virtue signaling and racial epithet usage from the "citizen of the world" is apparent. So classy! Such richness added to the conversation. You have definitely proven your ascension beyond us. Bravo!
"Censure" makes even less sense, since the very meaning of "censure" is expressing disagreement with someone's position.

Just in case it's not clear: Yes, I will always express disagreement with a reckless, harmful, inconsiderate opinion, rather than give it tacit approval by keeping quiet. The world would be a better place if more people did that. Notice, I speak for myself only, not trying to amplify my statements behind assuming "us" like you do.
Appreciate 4
chris7197273.00
ToysArs60.50
      07-05-2020, 09:46 AM   #44
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
"Censure" makes even less sense, since the very meaning of "censure" is expressing disagreement with someone's position.

Just in case it's not clear: Yes, I will always express disagreement with a reckless, harmful, inconsiderate opinion, rather than give it tacit approval by keeping quiet. The world would be a better place if more people did that. Notice, I speak for myself only, not trying to amplify my statements behind assuming "us" like you do.
Tacit approval?!? It's a damn car forum dude. Get off of your soapbox. Everything stated here doesn't need to be so politically charged nor politically corrected. You are an example of the problem.

P.S. You expressed disagreement with his position and then began labeling him a "redneck." You cast aspersions while simultaneously losing equanimity.
Appreciate 3