Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..) UK, Belgium and US F1 Drivers....

06-20-2020, 10:26 AM   #419
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

Rain drought

My friend from Belgium,how is the weather situation in your area, I hope you have had some wet weather since we last spoke. The pictures you showed were worrying with the dried up lakes etc and it's also the wildlife that suffer in a rain drought.
Appreciate 1
      06-20-2020, 12:53 PM   #420
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
My friend from Belgium,how is the weather situation in your area, I hope you have had some wet weather since we last spoke. The pictures you showed were worrying with the dried up lakes etc and it's also the wildlife that suffer in a rain drought.
My friend. Thank you for the concern !

Well , last week we got a thunderstorm caused by the heat . So we got a little rain for 30-40 min. The ground was wet , but sadly that's it . I mean it was NOT enough to supply our ground water level. After one hour everything was already dried up

As for the coming 14 days , it looks bad with with temps above 30C°.
Recent Pic from a river in my area (It "was" a river)
Attached Images

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
M5Rick58879.50
      06-21-2020, 06:55 AM   #421
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
My friend. Thank you for the concern !

Well , last week we got a thunderstorm caused by the heat . So we got a little rain for 30-40 min. The ground was wet , but sadly that's it . I mean it was NOT enough to supply our ground water level. After one hour everything was already dried up

As for the coming 14 days , it looks bad with with temps above 30C°.
Recent Pic from a river in my area (It "was" a river)
Damn. I hope the weather forecast is wrong for your area and you get some more rain and downpours soon. Over here we are expecting the highest temps of this year very soon after some thunderstorms; Having finished our flowerbeds everything is growing like crazy..!
Was in London yesterday with my sis there checking everything was secure and okay.
Appreciate 1
      06-21-2020, 08:34 AM   #422
racerbruce
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 21 X3 & 13 335is E93

Hello my UKM5 friend!
Hello my M5Belgium friend!

Just caught up on posts in this thread - we have been gone for the last six days to celebrate our first born daughter's 40th birthday - we traveled to Sun Valley, Idaho to a most incredible home that was rented by our daughter's husband - the elevation is just over one mile at 5,300 feet - it's up in the Sawtooth Mountains - a VERY long drive at 12 hours or 700 miles, so the "travel day" is entirely lost to just travel, but worth it - our 2014 Subaru Outback performed flawlessly gong over multiple mountain ranges that were very steep - we just returned last night and are exhausted - we took EVERY precaution we could during travel, as COVID is returning in the US in a violent way - love the posts about Helmut and Ayrton and it is so hard to see the lack of water in Belgium - this is tragic - we are entering a 10 day period of no rain with temperatures reaching 82 F (28C) - wishing the both of you the best and looking forward to our posts!

Our son-in-law rented this place for our Sun Valley tirp....it was simply incredible....https://www.google.com/search?q=20+r...G0ZmacNKLDKTVM

Last edited by racerbruce; 06-21-2020 at 09:49 AM..
Appreciate 1
      06-21-2020, 12:33 PM   #423
M5Rick
General
Rep

[QUOTE=racerbruce;26340182]Hello my UKM5 friend!

Just caught up on posts in this thread - we have been gone for the last six days to celebrate our first born daughter's 40th birthday - we traveled to Sun Valley, Idaho to a most incredible home that was rented by our daughter's husband - the elevation is just over one mile at 5,300 feet - it's up in the Sawtooth Mountains - a VERY long drive at 12 hours or 700 miles, so the "travel day" is entirely lost to just travel, but worth it - our 2014 Subaru Outback performed flawlessly gong over multiple mountain ranges that were very steep - we just returned last night and are exhausted - we took EVERY precaution we could during travel, as COVID is returning in the US in a violent way - love the posts about Helmut and Ayrton and it is so hard to see the lack of water in Belgium - this is tragic - we are entering a 10 day period of no rain with temperatures reaching 82 F (28C) - wishing the both of you the best and looking forward to our posts!

*Glad to have you back Racerbruce and its great you had a good time there in the Sun Valley mountain lodge! I can understand why your exhausted as goes with trips to mountain lodges, it's a lot of trekking and exploring, in Aussie they call it bush walking and the trails go on for ever!! Makes a change from a relaxing week by a seaside resort where your doing nothing but carefully sunning,swimming in salty sea (great for your skin) and of course dining and fine wining later...my ideal holiday. Well,glad you all had a good healthy break away from the awful things that are happening in some cities and I hope you too have some rain soon my friend.
Appreciate 1
      06-21-2020, 01:44 PM   #424
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerbruce View Post
Hello my UKM5 friend!

Our son-in-law rented this place for our Sun Valley tirp....it was simply incredible....https://www.google.com/search?q=20+r...G0ZmacNKLDKTVM
My friend that looks fantastic . I'm glad you enjoyed your vacation !

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
M5Rick58879.50
      06-21-2020, 01:46 PM   #425
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

[QUOTE=M5theonlyone;26340929]
Quote:
Hello my UKM5 friend!

*Glad to have you back Racerbruce and its great you had a good time there in the Sun Valley mountain lodge! I can understand why your exhausted as goes with trips to mountain lodges, it's a lot of trekking and exploring, in Aussie they call it bush walking and the trails go on for ever!! Makes a change from a relaxing week by a seaside resort where your doing nothing but carefully sunning,swimming in salty sea (great for your skin) and of course dining and fine wining later...my ideal holiday. Well,glad you all had a good healthy break away from the awful things that are happening in some cities and I hope you too have some rain soon my friend.
Lewis , The latest..
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
M5Rick58879.50
      06-21-2020, 01:53 PM   #426
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Damn. I hope the weather forecast is wrong for your area and you get some more rain and downpours soon. Over here we are expecting the highest temps of this year very soon after some thunderstorms; Having finished our flowerbeds everything is growing like crazy..!
Was in London yesterday with my sis there checking everything was secure and okay.
The '2020 Ferrari SF 1000
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
M5Rick58879.50
      06-21-2020, 02:01 PM   #427
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

According Webber :
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
M5Rick58879.50
      06-21-2020, 02:18 PM   #428
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
The '2020 Ferrari SF 1000
Fast but...fragile?
Appreciate 1
      06-21-2020, 02:21 PM   #429
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
According Webber :
For pure gusto Max CAN do it, remember the 'Wings' pop group Bond theme words in the song ''you've got to give the other feller hell''.
Appreciate 1
      06-21-2020, 02:24 PM   #430
M5Rick
General
Rep

[QUOTE=///M Power-Belgium;26341157]
Quote:

Lewis , The latest..
It's Lewis's new spaghetti western movie..'for a few euros more'.
Appreciate 1
      06-21-2020, 02:52 PM   #431
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Fast but...fragile?
"LEGO" Quality

Appreciate 1
M5Rick58879.50
      06-21-2020, 03:03 PM   #432
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
For pure gusto Max CAN do it, remember the 'Wings' pop group Bond theme words in the song ''you've got to give the other feller hell''.
Yeah my friend . MAX can do it . At least if the HONDA engine can do it..

Appreciate 1
M5Rick58879.50
      06-21-2020, 04:24 PM   #433
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
"LEGO" Quality
It would be quicker to replace the front wing then, just press fit
Appreciate 1
      06-21-2020, 04:31 PM   #434
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
Yeah my friend . MAX can do it . At least if the HONDA engine can do it..
That should be the Honda on equal terms, so then Max has to be wary of those moves and situations that Rosberg was talking about in that he made it look as if Rosberg was the villain.
Appreciate 1
      06-21-2020, 05:39 PM   #435
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
That should be the Honda on equal terms, so then Max has to be wary of those moves and situations that Rosberg was talking about in that he made it look as if Rosberg was the villain.
Indeed my friend .

You heard about Alex Zanardi ? Oughhh....

Zanardi, 53, sustained severe head injuries in an accident during a handbike race in Italy on Friday after colliding with a truck on the road.
He arrived at the hospital with major facial cranial trauma, a smashed face, and a deeply fractured frontal bone (forehead)
Zanardi underwent three hours of neurosurgery and maxillofacial surgery - related to the face - before being placed in a medically-induced coma.

"The situation is clearly critical in terms of brain damage"
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
M5Rick58879.50
      06-21-2020, 05:51 PM   #436
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
Indeed my friend .

You heard about Alex Zanardi ? Oughhh....

Zanardi, 53, sustained severe head injuries in an accident during a handbike race in Italy on Friday after colliding with a truck on the road.
He arrived at the hospital with major facial cranial trauma, a smashed face, and a deeply fractured frontal bone (forehead)
Zanardi underwent three hours of neurosurgery and maxillofacial surgery - related to the face - before being placed in a medically-induced coma.

"The situation is clearly critical in terms of brain damage"
Saw it on news,some thick driver of a van or truck didn't see him on that low bike and went into him..poor man it doesn't look good and with those flimsy bicycle helmets.
I won't ride my bicycle now as I used to, there are just too many bad drivers.
Good night my friend.
Appreciate 1
      06-21-2020, 07:45 PM   #437
racerbruce
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 21 X3 & 13 335is E93

Wowie!

Quote:
Saw it on news,some thick driver of a van or truck didn't see him on that low bike and went into him..poor man it doesn't look good and with those flimsy bicycle helmets.
I won't ride my bicycle now as I used to, there are just too many bad drivers.
Good night my friend.
Greetings my MBelgium and UKM5 friends -
This is SO tragic....my wife shared this with me on the very long drive (12 hours) when returning from Sun Valley Idaho to Gig Harbor Washington; we are pulling for Alex and are so hopeful for his full recovery; I will never forget the unbelievably horrific shunt....it was just a few days after 911 and the Indy cars were at a 2 mile banked oval in Germany....Alex pitted and Indy car does not allow tire warmers....his fresh tires were cold and he spun while negotiating entering the race track and slid to a stop....sideways....a car entered turn 1 at 215 MPH and literally sheared off the race car just in front of the steering wheel....all of Alex's legs were sheared off and taken away in the impact....the Safety Team arrived and looked down in the cockpit to find blood PUMPING out of his veins....they were able to keep him from bleeding out and this began one of the most incredible recoveries in ANY sport.

We ask for healing.

Last edited by racerbruce; 06-21-2020 at 08:57 PM..
Appreciate 1
      06-22-2020, 02:18 AM   #438
M5Rick
General
Rep

I apologise for jumping to conclusions with regard to Zanardi's bike accident. According to the latest reports that I have just read it appears that Alex lost control of his low bike and crossed the white line into the path of a truck that couldn't avoid him.
Appreciate 1
      06-22-2020, 04:37 AM   #439
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Greetings my MBelgium and UKM5 friends -
This is SO tragic....my wife shared this with me on the very long drive (12 hours) when returning from Sun Valley Idaho to Gig Harbor Washington; we are pulling for Alex and are so hopeful for his full recovery; I will never forget the unbelievably horrific shunt....it was just a few days after 911 and the Indy cars were at a 2 mile banked oval in Germany....Alex pitted and Indy car does not allow tire warmers....his fresh tires were cold and he spun while negotiating entering the race track and slid to a stop....sideways....a car entered turn 1 at 215 MPH and literally sheared off the race car just in front of the steering wheel....all of Alex's legs were sheared off and taken away in the impact....the Safety Team arrived and looked down in the cockpit to find blood PUMPING out of his veins....they were able to keep him from bleeding out and this began one of the most incredible recoveries in ANY sport.

We ask for healing.
Quote:
I apologise for jumping to conclusions with regard to Zanardi's bike accident. According to the latest reports that I have just read it appears that Alex lost control of his low bike and crossed the white line into the path of a truck that couldn't avoid him.

Yes my friends . Zanardi lost control over his handbike .
Zanardi was descending a hill, lost control and veered into oncoming traffic where he was hit by a truck.

According to multiple reports, he crossed the white line into the path of an oncoming truck, which was unable to avoid him.

The Paralympian has since won 4 gold and 2 silver medals while representing Italy .

Stay strong ALEX !
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
M5Rick58879.50
      06-22-2020, 04:41 AM   #440
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

The latest : "SEB"
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
M5Rick58879.50