Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Local Forums AUSTRALIA Options you should of Optioned :)

07-06-2020, 05:19 AM   #23
firetitanx
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i M Sport 2020(G20)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bris-M340i View Post
I've had buyers regret many times in the past and this time I said no way, I'm going straight for the M340i even if it was a stretch. The sales person tried to get me to consider a 330i while my Mrs was there and I had to pull him aside and say don't even go there. He was saying things like you can save 30k! Thankfully I stopped him before my Mrs realised :-)
Good Job , glad you went for the ULTIMATE Beast , let nothing stand in your way !!
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2020, 05:33 AM   #24
Bris-M340i
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by firetitanx View Post
Quote:
I've had buyers regret many times in the past and this time I said no way, I'm going straight for the M340i even if it was a stretch. The sales person tried to get me to consider a 330i while my Mrs was there and I had to pull him aside and say don't even go there. He was saying things like you can save 30k! Thankfully I stopped him before my Mrs realised :-)
Good Job , glad you went for the ULTIMATE Beast , let nothing stand in your way !!
Thanks, I intend to keep this car for a long time, that was the deal with the Minister of Finance so needed to make sure it was the ultimate as it will be a very long time before I see another new car!
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2020, 12:22 AM   #25
firetitanx
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Thanks, I intend to keep this car for a long time, that was the deal with the Minister of Finance so needed to make sure it was the ultimate as it will be a very long time before I see another new car!
Hahaha, I am looking at my crystal ball, it sees in another couple of years, the letters.......aaah I see it now ... starts with an "M" ..... the second figure is appearing... yes yes ... its a "3"
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2020, 12:41 AM   #26
Bris-M340i
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M340i

Quote:
Hahaha, I am looking at my crystal ball, it sees in another couple of years, the letters.......aaah I see it now ... starts with an "M" ..... the second figure is appearing... yes yes ... its a "3"
Haha, the only way your crystal ball is right is if I am single again
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2020, 12:44 AM   #27
firetitanx
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Haha, the only way your crystal ball is right is if I am single again
Aah..the sacrifices we must make ...Hahhha
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2020, 12:46 AM   #28
firetitanx
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slideit View Post
I had the opposite experience. A number of dealers were advised me against various options: You don’t need acoustic glass “car is quiet enough”, no need for TPMS “car warns you already”, no drive recorder “it’s not that good”...
One even talked me out of any interior colour other than black.

Maybe I looked impoverished and they didn’t want to scare me away!
Must be because you got the hybrid, so they thought you were trying to save money ...Hehhehe
Appreciate 1
Slideit49.00
      07-07-2020, 12:50 AM   #29
firetitanx
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBJ View Post
I actually have everything so I'm quite happy

What could I live without? Maybe the drive recorder and gesture control. Never use either as it turns out...
Interesting trying to find a use for gesture control , if you go into your menus there is a customized gesture which by default is mapped to take you home via BMW GPS system , just make a closed fist then open it and close it I think, just found out , that may be useful instead of trying to find home on the screen
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2020, 01:49 AM   #30
Slideit
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 330e

Quote:
Must be because you got the hybrid, so they thought you were trying to save money ...Hehhehe
More like “this poor doofus is already paying 8k more for a weaker engine and a bucket load of potential warranty issues from his complicated drive system, better save him from our overpriced options”
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2020, 02:30 AM   #31
Sergeant Skinner
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M340i XDrive

Quote:
Quote:
What could I live without? Maybe the drive recorder and gesture control. Never use either as it turns out...
Interesting trying to find a use for gesture control , if you go into your menus there is a customized gesture which by default is mapped to take you home via BMW GPS system , just make a closed fist then open it and close it I think, just found out , that may be useful instead of trying to find home on the screen
Yeah I was going to do the same gesture setup, but I also have number 8 on the preset button as home and there's always "Hey BMW take me home". Gesture control is utterly useless, I often forget it's there and still press the track/volume buttons.

Quote:
I
One even talked me out of any interior colour other than black.
They usually use that tactic to sell you an in-stock model which will inevitably have a black interior. Similarly it also works with a factory order because a cancelled build with a black interior is far easier to sell!
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2020, 03:39 AM   #32
Slideit
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:

They usually use that tactic to sell you an in-stock model which will inevitably have a black interior. Similarly it also works with a factory order because a cancelled build with a black interior is far easier to sell!
Very likely! Though I have to admit the salesperson I ended buying from took me (once we’d agreed on the sale) to various cars they had on site to show me the different leather options I could switch to.
Appreciate 1
      07-07-2020, 03:58 AM   #33
Sergeant Skinner
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Very likely! Though I have to admit the salesperson I ended buying from took me (once we'd agreed on the sale) to various cars they had on site to show me the different leather options I could switch to.
Oh that's great!

I hate it when the salesman is very clearly trying to pedal me towards cars that they need to sell or (if I'm ordering) are easy to sell if I cancel.

Fortunately, my M340i salesman was very supportive of choosing what I want and being honest about what is good/not-good.

I ended up ticking every option in the end lol
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2020, 04:10 AM   #34
Slideit
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Oh that's great!

I hate it when the salesman is very clearly trying to pedal me towards cars that they need to sell or (if I'm ordering) are easy to sell if I cancel.

Fortunately, my M340i salesman was very supportive of choosing what I want and being honest about what is good/not-good.

Man that sounds like an amazing position to be in. I had a fixed budget, but I probably could have gone for a well specified 330i if I didn’t go for the 330e.
Next time
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2020, 04:19 AM   #35
firetitanx
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
More like “this poor doofus is already paying 8k more for a weaker engine and a bucket load of potential warranty issues from his complicated drive system, better save him from our overpriced options”
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2020, 07:15 AM   #36
Sergeant Skinner
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Man that sounds like an amazing position to be in. I had a fixed budget, but I probably could have gone for a well specified 330i if I didn't go for the 330e.
Next time
Oh I had a budget too but in Australia most options are standard on the 330i and M340i, plus dwindling new car sales meant good deals to be had!
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2020, 07:27 AM   #37
Slideit
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Oh I had a budget too but in Australia most options are standard on the 330i and M340i, plus dwindling new car sales meant good deals to be had!
I agree, most of the best come as standard. You get a feel for that when you read US and European reviews. But just the extra bits of leather, the black wheels and acoustic glass is the stuff I passed on.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2020, 07:55 AM   #38
Bmwphile
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2020 G20 330i

Buyer's regret affected me for my previous F30. I decided to leave most of the options boxes unticked as I know the cost of options are a poor'investment'.

But as my car was an early generation car the base spec was very basic. Not even M Sport was available (yet). As the F30 went through it's life cycle more options became standard, making my car even more of a poverty pack!

So this time on my new G20 I decided to lash out & buy with my heart & not my head. So ticked the major option packs: Comfort Access, Visibility, HK & Individual Colour. Do not have any regrets. There is nothing that I wished I had added.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2020, 08:44 AM   #39
Sergeant Skinner
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
I agree, most of the best come as standard. You get a feel for that when you read US and European reviews. But just the extra bits of leather, the black wheels and acoustic glass is the stuff I passed on.
Yeah it's a bit unfair for those in the US especially. Even acoustic glass was included on one of the packages I picked for my M340i (along with the full leather, which I was keen to get anyway). Have no idea how much quieter it is, but it's there haha.

Aside from that, the gesture control and drive recorder, all other options/features are pretty cool.

Some stuff I love:
- Automatic tailgate
- Harman/Kardon sound
- Driving Assistant Professional
- Merino Leather
- Leather dash and leather door upper trim
- Wireless charging
- Comfort access
- Ambient lighting
- Adaptive Laser Headlights
- Larger rotor sized M sport brakes
- Michelin Pilot Sport 3 tyres

Stuff I'm not sure about
- Uprated cooling system. Will probably be more useful on a track or during the Australian summer towards the end of the year

If you are debating any of the above options, I recommend you get them!
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2020, 09:20 AM   #40
firetitanx
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Yeah it's a bit unfair for those in the US especially. Even acoustic glass was included on one of the packages I picked for my M340i (along with the full leather, which I was keen to get anyway). Have no idea how much quieter it is, but it's there haha.

Aside from that, the gesture control and drive recorder, all other options/features are pretty cool.

Some stuff I love:
- Automatic tailgate
- Harman/Kardon sound
- Driving Assistant Professional
- Merino Leather
- Leather dash and leather door upper trim
- Wireless charging
- Comfort access
- Ambient lighting
- Adaptive Laser Headlights
- Larger rotor sized M sport brakes

Stuff I'm not sure about
- Uprated cooling system. Will probably be more useful on a track or during the Australian summer towards the end of the year

If you are debating any of the above options, I recommend you get them!
I agree 100% with your list

Although as i have a 330i I can't comment on the extra 340ix goodies.

The one thing I always wondered about was the Merino seats, I see it comes with leather dash and leather door upper trim, very nice.

Maybe I should of got them but it was an extra 5k so was a bit of a stretch.

Still not sure, would have to sit and compare directly with two similar cars with Vernasca and then full Merino and see how I feel.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2020, 09:34 AM   #41
Sergeant Skinner
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
I agree 100% with your list

Although as i have a 330i I can't comment on the extra 340ix goodies.

The one thing I always wondered about was the Merino seats, I see it comes with leather dash and leather door upper trim, very nice.

Maybe I should of got them but it was an extra 5k so was a bit of a stretch.

Still not sure, would have to sit and compare directly with two similar cars with Vernasca and then full Merino and see how I feel.
The Merino is definitely softer than Vernasca but in all honesty the Vernasca feels extremely luxurious compared to Dakota and (obviously) Sensatec, so you'll find that it's a great standard leather and has the added benefit or better resistance to wear/tear. I only opted for merino to get the leather door trim to be honest. Back in the F30 days, you could get the doors as an option without getting Merino seats.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2020, 03:24 PM   #42
SteveAus
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: G20 M340iX

Garage List
Ever since this post went up, I have been trying to think of anything I should have put on the car. My build is the same as PBJ’s, except for the gesture control which I thought would be fun to show your mates and then I would never use it. So that box did not get ticked.

Although I hope I never have to use the Drive Recorder, to me it is an insurance policy, particularly for a side impact. The dashcams take care of the rest.

The only thing I have realized I would like are the side skirts to marry the front and rear aero bits. These I have ordered and will fit in the next few days.

Job done........

BTW, I fully agree with PBJ. If your are thinking you would like certain options in your car, bite the bullet. If you want them and don’t get them, you will regret it over the time you have with the car. I know this first hand from the time I had with my F30.
      07-07-2020, 05:42 PM   #43
Slideit
First Lieutenant
Rep

It’s interesting reading how when it’s your second bmw, you go all in. This is my first, and first factory build of any sort, so I didn’t have that perspective.
But I think should I be lucky enough to buy another, I’ll be a lot more liberal with ticking the options box.
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2020, 02:26 AM   #44
GTR33R
Private
Rep
Drives: M340iXdrive

Quote:
Are you sure? Mine has pilot sport 4S
Appreciate 0