Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum Tracking vehicles built at the San Luis Potosí, Mexico assembly plant?

02-13-2021, 10:42 PM   #265
Ghost719
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M550Xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaptainKloss View Post
I think they might already be on the ship. There are instances where status goes from 'Ready to Transport' to 'Delivered'. Just take a look through this thread. This also aligns with the end of February / early March delivery. Since mine's going to Newark, next ship doesn't leave for there until early March, at least under K-Line.

EDIT: I've done a bit of digging and found this site: https://www.importinfo.com/

Basically, once a ship goes stateside it's manifests are public information, so you can dig into each particular item and even see the VIN numbers associated with that B/L number. It may not help us find our vehicle exactly, but could help us narrow down our options.
Thank you for elaborating. I wish it jumped from ready to transport to delivered (just not this week as it is -4 degrees where I am). I will make a call to genius next week and see if they have any updates.

Thank you again and congrats on your vehicle moving along the production timeline/status.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2021, 11:00 PM   #266
TiMSport
Banned
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: '21 M340i xDrive, '17 Audi S3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayM340 View Post
It took exactly 2 days for it to go through the VDC at port, and for them to install the rear trim + diffuser. I didn't opt for the Exhaust at port, and I'm having my dealer install the CF M Performance Spoiler when it gets to them, so I'm not sure how long those installs delay the process. Wish I could be more helpful to the rest of the folks here.

Anyway, newest update is that it will be at the dealership tomorrow, and I'm taking delivery on Sat. Who isn't sleeping for 48 hours? This guy....
Hmm I didn't realize the dealer could do the install for the CF pieces. I had the impression it had to be done at the port.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2021, 01:07 PM   #267
BayM340
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M340i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiMSport View Post
Hmm I didn't realize the dealer could do the install for the CF pieces. I had the impression it had to be done at the port.
So whenever I was ordering my car (we did it in person at dealership), whenever we added the CF Spoiler, it automatically paired it with the front lip. As a result you had to order as a pair (couldn't decouple), and I'm not a fan of that lip, so we worked out a deal where they order the part from BMW and install for me and offset the cost if it had a variance...

Any BMW M Certified Service Center will be able to add those parts for you if you pay the labor. As long as they're original BMW parts.

I'm getting the MPE installed in a month or so, another thing I skipped at port... P.S. Taking delivery today as that spoiler install + bad weather delayed me from doing so Sat. Will post some pics when I take it home later tonight...
Appreciate 1
TiMSport12798.00
      02-15-2021, 01:14 PM   #268
TiMSport
Banned
Ukraine
Rep

Quote:
So whenever I was ordering my car (we did it in person at dealership), whenever we added the CF Spoiler, it automatically paired it with the front lip. As a result you had to order as a pair (couldn't decouple), and I'm not a fan of that lip, so we worked out a deal where they order the part from BMW and install for me and offset the cost if it had a variance...

Any BMW M Certified Service Center will be able to add those parts for you if you pay the labor. As long as they're original BMW parts.

I'm getting the MPE installed in a month or so, another thing I skipped at port... P.S. Taking delivery today as that spoiler install + bad weather delayed me from doing so Sat. Will post some pics when I take it home later tonight...
THAT explains why my dealer said I had to order the CF spoiler and front splitter as a "pair". Someone else on this forum said that wasn't a requirement but based on your experience, it supports what my salesman told me. I didn't want the lip initially but when I saw it on a car in their showroom, especially with white exterior, I actually liked it better. It gives it a bit more pop and aggressiveness to the front, especially with the Shadowline trim which I of course spec'd with my car Thanks!
Appreciate 1
BayM34072.00
      02-15-2021, 02:45 PM   #269
BayM340
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
THAT explains why my dealer said I had to order the CF spoiler and front splitter as a "pair". Someone else on this forum said that wasn't a requirement but based on your experience, it supports what my salesman told me. I didn't want the lip initially but when I saw it on a car in their showroom, especially with white exterior, I actually liked it better. It gives it a bit more pop and aggressiveness to the front, especially with the Shadowline trim which I of course spec'd with my car Thanks!
Congratulations on the order, and I think you have similar ideas as to how you want things to look. I am going with the AA Concepts front lip, I like that the entire thing is CF vs what the M one offers. My sideskirts are replica OEM ones, but from KiesMotorsports, again due to the entire CF nature of things. I'd also recommend some M CF Mirror caps, there are a few vendors out there (RW Carbon, AA Concepts, MonacoMS). Good luck, and happy hunting!
Appreciate 1
TiMSport12798.00
      02-15-2021, 03:02 PM   #270
TiMSport
Banned
Ukraine
Rep

Quote:
Congratulations on the order, and I think you have similar ideas as to how you want things to look. I am going with the AA Concepts front lip, I like that the entire thing is CF vs what the M one offers. My sideskirts are replica OEM ones, but from KiesMotorsports, again due to the entire CF nature of things. I'd also recommend some M CF Mirror caps, there are a few vendors out there (RW Carbon, AA Concepts, MonacoMS). Good luck, and happy hunting!
Thanks! Yeah I did go with the CF mirror caps. They look sharp, especially in conjunction with the CF spoiler in back.

As of now I'm waiting for the information so that I can track my order. Looking forward to that I just wasn't sure about why I had to order the "set" rear spoiler and front splitter.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2021, 03:22 PM   #271
BayM340
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Thanks! Yeah I did go with the CF mirror caps. They look sharp, especially in conjunction with the CF spoiler in back.

As of now I'm waiting for the information so that I can track my order. Looking forward to that I just wasn't sure about why I had to order the "set" rear spoiler and front splitter.
BMWNA will have your vessel information, and eventually it will trickle down to your Sales Advisor. Do keep in mind that the systems for tracking online are very slow/delayed in updating. Your best best is to call the 1-800 number and do the "Vehicle Order Status" prompt. That will give you more accurate updates. Once you have your vessel name, you can track the port schedules and marine traffic sites (there are a few) to know when it will arrive at your local port of processing. It will take 2 days at the port (on average) to install whatever trim options you selected, more if you went with something like the MPE.

Hope that helps!
Appreciate 1
TiMSport12798.00
      02-15-2021, 03:40 PM   #272
TiMSport
Banned
Ukraine
Rep

Quote:
BMWNA will have your vessel information, and eventually it will trickle down to your Sales Advisor. Do keep in mind that the systems for tracking online are very slow/delayed in updating. Your best best is to call the 1-800 number and do the "Vehicle Order Status" prompt. That will give you more accurate updates. Once you have your vessel name, you can track the port schedules and marine traffic sites (there are a few) to know when it will arrive at your local port of processing. It will take 2 days at the port (on average) to install whatever trim options you selected, more if you went with something like the MPE.

Hope that helps!
Thanks for the insight! My car hasn't been built yet so I'm still awaiting the initial info as of now so I can just begin to track the production. Coincidentally the only time I have ever custom ordered a car from the factory was my e46 M3 2 decades ago

It'll be a much shorter transport being that it will be built in Mexico this time around.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2021, 12:22 PM   #273
BayM340
Private
United_States
Rep

Final Timeline and some pics. My 21' m340 xDrive came with Pirelli Cinturato P7s tires (225/40/19 all around). The rears also look really nice and flush straight from the factory. Swapping them with a staggered setup today, so will find out if a spacer is hiding somewhere in there...

Order Placed: 12/10
Entering Assembly Line: 1/8
Assembly In Progress: 1/9
Quality Check: ?
Final Assembly: 1/11
Ready For Transport: 1/12
Awaiting Carrier Assignment: ???
Dispatched From Factory: 2/3
At The Port of Departure - Lazaro Cardenas 2/4
At The Port of Arrival - Port Hueneme 2/9
In Transit TBD (P1 vehicles should pass the VDC around 2-days; maybe a few extra for port install add-ons) we shall see...
At The Dealership 2/12
Vehicle Delivered 2/15

Last edited by BayM340; 02-16-2021 at 12:25 PM.. Reason: Images didn't show.
Appreciate 1
      02-16-2021, 12:49 PM   #274
Ghost719
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Final Timeline and some pics. My 21' m340 xDrive came with Pirelli Cinturato P7s tires (225/40/19 all around). The rears also look really nice and flush straight from the factory. Swapping them with a staggered setup today, so will find out if a spacer is hiding somewhere in there...

Order Placed: 12/10
Entering Assembly Line: 1/8
Assembly In Progress: 1/9
Quality Check: ?
Final Assembly: 1/11
Ready For Transport: 1/12
Awaiting Carrier Assignment: ???
Dispatched From Factory: 2/3
At The Port of Departure - Lazaro Cardenas 2/4
At The Port of Arrival - Port Hueneme 2/9
In Transit TBD (P1 vehicles should pass the VDC around 2-days; maybe a few extra for port install add-ons) we shall see...
At The Dealership 2/12
Vehicle Delivered 2/15

Everything looks amazing. That flushed look doesn't look bad either - which is nice since it means I don't need to rush for spacers/wider tires initially. So happy for you Bro. Enjoy it!!!
Appreciate 1
BayM34072.00
      02-16-2021, 08:43 PM   #275
GD1981
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M340i

BayM340i Congrats dude! Car looks super dope. I’ve got the same color and wheel combination, although mine will be coming with a staggered setup. That said, I already made my appointment with a local shop to do the dinan spring and spacer install, so car will be stock for no more than 2 weeks. I’ll be sure to post pics, as i know you’re on the fence with respect to wheel spacers.
Appreciate 1
BayM34072.00
      02-17-2021, 12:32 PM   #276
Ghost719
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Update from BMW Genius:

The vehicle arrived at the Port of Departure and is awaiting carrier assignment. Apparently, there is a shortage of carriers so it may take some time before assignments are given.

*Sigh* Waiting is ambivalently difficult, as I'm glad it's not here due to the weather, but I just want to know when it will be here.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2021, 01:03 PM   #277
GD1981
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost719 View Post
Update from BMW Genius:

The vehicle arrived at the Port of Departure and is awaiting carrier assignment. Apparently, there is a shortage of carriers so it may take some time before assignments are given.

*Sigh* Waiting is ambivalently difficult, as I'm glad it's not here due to the weather, but I just want to know when it will be here.

Hang in there! The wait is killing me as well - bought all my phase 1 mods, so now I fill my time by watching all the youtube M340 reviews...for a second time lol.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2021, 02:05 PM   #278
SFLV3993
Rep

Tracking

Quote:
Originally Posted by GD1981 View Post
Hang in there! The wait is killing me as well - bought all my phase 1 mods, so now I fill my time by watching all the youtube M340 reviews...for a second time lol.
Thank you for making me feel like less crazy, been doing the same here, maybe it's because I was driving my wife's Volvo for the past few months...

I think I'm around a similar schedule to you guys above, mine is still showing Final Assembly online (since 2/15), but the customer service people said it's on the way to the port. hoping to catch your boat.

I placed the order on 1/30/2021, it's been assigned with a VIN and was scheduled for production the following week and started production around the 2nd part of last week (2/11-12).
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2021, 02:48 PM   #279
GD1981
Lieutenant
Rep

Mine has been stuck on the dreaded “Ready for transport” status for two weeks now..which is normal, based on what everyone has been reporting.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2021, 02:55 PM   #280
Ghost719
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Thanks. Helps to hear that I'm not alone in my excitement and impatience with waiting for delivery despite knowing already.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2021, 03:27 PM   #281
BlueLeaderXI
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2021 Portimao Blue M340i xDriv

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFLV3993 View Post
Thank you for making me feel like less crazy, been doing the same here, maybe it's because I was driving my wife's Volvo for the past few months...
I feel your pain! have been subsisting driving around my in-between car I picked up a VW "Arteon" (wtf is that anyway lol) since my red M sport 335 went to be w/ Jesus last October 😭. Even though it's R-line, 4motion etc, it just has zero fun factor. In the words of Sandlot it's killin me Smalls.

Based on your production/ready dates it seems like it moved fairly faster than normal if it's already done and about to board a ship.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2021, 04:07 PM   #282
m240nj
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 m240i

Quote:
Mine has been stuck on the dreaded “Ready for transport” status for two weeks now..which is normal, based on what everyone has been reporting.
Mine has been on Ready for Transport for about 5 days. BMW Genius said it's on the way to the port. Have you reached out to see if yours is actually on a boat yet? For my sake, hopefully yours is waiting for a boat to be filled and my car will make it in time to be on the same one (also in NJ). For your sake, hopefully it left weeks ago and just hasn't been updated yet .
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2021, 04:48 PM   #283
GD1981
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by m240nj View Post
Mine has been on Ready for Transport for about 5 days. BMW Genius said it's on the way to the port. Have you reached out to see if yours is actually on a boat yet? For my sake, hopefully yours is waiting for a boat to be filled and my car will make it in time to be on the same one (also in NJ). For your sake, hopefully it left weeks ago and just hasn't been updated yet .
So I spoke to a Genius on Monday, and he didn’t have much to offer beyond what the current status reflected. I asked him when could I expect it to be assigned a vessel - and he told me to check back on Friday (2/19). So car still hasnt left Mexico...but hopefully really really soon. I’ll be sure to keep my fellow New Jerseyans posted. Let’s hang tight, we’ll get through this

All that said, even if my car was at the dealership, given the crappy weather, I wouldn’t be driving it at all right now. RWD+PS4 is no good.

Last edited by GD1981; 02-17-2021 at 04:55 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2021, 04:54 PM   #284
m240nj
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 m240i

Quote:
Quote:
So I spoke to a Genius on Monday, and he didn’t have much to offer beyond what the current status reflected. I asked him when could I expect it to be assigned a vessel - and he told me to check back on Friday (2/19). So car still hasnt left Mexico...but hopefully really really soon. I’ll be sure to keep my fellow New Jerseyans posted. Let’s hang tight, we’ll get through this
Haha we will. Just need to stop obsessively checking the status. What dealership did you order through? Ramsey? I went through a broker and will be picking it up from BMW Springfield.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2021, 05:02 PM   #285
GD1981
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Haha we will. Just need to stop obsessively checking the status. What dealership did you order through? Ramsey? I went through a broker and will be picking it up from BMW Springfield.
I actually went 2 hrs away, out of state in PA. Got it from BMW of Reading which is about 1/2 hour outside of Philly. I leased my outgoing F30 340i from there and many family members have leased from there as well. We know the Sales Manager. Was able to get 11.2% off MSRP before incentives and base MF.. beat out all of the quotes from our local NNJ dealers.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2021, 06:36 PM   #286
BayM340
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost719 View Post
Update from BMW Genius:

What is your port of departure? I sat 3 weeks in Ready for Transport. If you're going out via Lazaro Cardenas, then yes there is indeed a shortage of vessels. East Coast appears to be humming along quicker.

After 2, 2.5 weeks I'd call your advisor and ask them to escalate to BMWNA. That is how I ended up getting on a boat... Good luck, I know the wait sucks, but it will be worth it when its here...
Appreciate 1