Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) General G20 Sedan / G22 Coupe / G26 Gran Coupe Discussions Traction control activating after tyre change

06-09-2020, 03:21 AM   #1
lukas125
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i

Traction control activating after tyre change

A couple of days ago had both rear tyres changed, identical brand and spec. Starting the car afterwards i was greeted with warnings about tyre pressure and needing to set up the tyre type. Followed through the menus and entered the details and all seemed ok.

Since then I have found whenever i'm taking a fairly fast corner (but not close to on the limit), the traction control is seriously interrupting. It feels like it's heavily braking a wheel in pulses.

I've covered maybe 150 miles on the new tyres. Is this normal and will it improve? Not noticing anything to suggest the wheel isn't balanced, and no pulling to one side under braking. Car is 330i rwd.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2020, 03:28 AM   #2
Tam the Bam
Grumpy Old Git
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW G20 330i RWD M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by lukas125 View Post
A couple of days ago had both rear tyres changed, identical brand and spec. Starting the car afterwards i was greeted with warnings about tyre pressure and needing to set up the tyre type. Followed through the menus and entered the details and all seemed ok.

Since then I have found whenever i'm taking a fairly fast corner (but not close to on the limit), the traction control is seriously interrupting. It feels like it's heavily braking a wheel in pulses.

I've covered maybe 150 miles on the new tyres. Is this normal and will it improve? Not noticing anything to suggest the wheel isn't balanced, and no pulling to one side under braking. Car is 330i rwd.

Thanks
From ‘drivers guide’

Name:  605B2FF0-3D4A-46A8-A6BA-7501932C08CA.jpeg
Views: 411
Size:  543.1 KB

F10 520D M Sport
E60 520D SE
Volvo S60 type R
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2020, 03:36 AM   #3
lukas125
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i

Good point... RTFM. I guess i was aware that there's a breaking in period, i've just never had such heavy traction control interruption in other cars after changing tyres. I'll give it another 100 miles and see.
Appreciate 0