Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Local Forums UK 6 weeks in and still noticing new things.

04-28-2021, 02:14 PM   #155
NickNy
Rep
Drives: 21 M340i

Just realized if you are in manual mode and hold the right paddle in it will change back to auto mode. If you hold the left one it down shifts to lowest ideal gear for acceleration
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2021, 03:01 PM   #156
adam.b
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: iX3 Premier

Quote:
Originally Posted by xenon View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by adam.b View Post
Thanks for quick replay.

My is January 2021 build and I bought it last Friday.

My F40 135i had rev counter only in sport mode.

Just noticed that maps are 2020.02 and I can download 2020.04.
You would expect that software will be up to date on collection.
You might find that U.K. and Ireland is on 2020.04 as that (or your preset region) will automatically update OTA. The rest of Europe may be on 2020.02 but you can update that manually, should you require it. I haven’t bothered as I ain’t driving to Europe any time soon.
6 day ago I have collected car and software should be up to date, always been on previous new bmw, service department is getting worse every year.
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2022, 01:43 PM   #157
gnolivos
Captain
Rep
Drives: Various BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andybird View Post
Another new discovery today.......if you press and release the speed limiter button quickly you have to press 'set' to engage a new speed limit when the limit changes.

However, if you press and hold down the button the functionality appears in HUD with a small green tick......release the button and.....the speed limit that the system locks on to changes automatically when moving into a new speed limit.

Hope that makes sense. Which is more than the manual does on this subject. Who writes this stuff?

I have Driver Assist and wonder if it is part of that functionality? Also there are number of settings in the menu that may be part of this enhanced functionality but, as I said, the manual is as clear as mud on this.
I have been looking for a way to achieve this exact thing on my m340i and I follow your instructions but when I hold down the speed limit button it makes no difference. I always have to click "set" when the speed limit changes. I want it automatic!
I don't have drive assist pro. Only drive assist. Do you have pro with the active cruise control etc? Maybe that's needed.
      01-06-2022, 01:47 AM   #158
Keith_C
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i M Sport Plus

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnolivos View Post
I have been looking for a way to achieve this exact thing on my m340i and I follow your instructions but when I hold down the speed limit button it makes no difference. I always have to click "set" when the speed limit changes. I want it automatic!
I don't have drive assist pro. Only drive assist. Do you have pro with the active cruise control etc? Maybe that's needed.
As far as I'm aware you need the Pro version with the Active Cruise Control.
M240i - Thundernight Metallic - Cognac Interior - M Technology Pack - Technology Plus Pack - Comfort Pack - HK - Driving Assistant - M Adaptive Suspension - 19" 893 M Double-spoke Bicolour Alloy Wheels - Aluminium Rhombicle Interior Trim
Appreciate 1
gnolivos316.00
      01-06-2022, 05:32 AM   #159
gnolivos
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith_C View Post
Quote:
This would make sense. I think it would be dangerous to have the car suddenly accelerate from 55mph to 70mph limit without intervention, and without the ability to react to a vehicle in front of you. With ACC, the risk of an accident is mitigated.
      01-06-2022, 07:08 AM   #160
Andy3661
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW G20 3 Series 320D XDRIVE M

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
This would make sense. I think it would be dangerous to have the car suddenly accelerate from 55mph to 70mph limit without intervention, and without the ability to react to a vehicle in front of you. With ACC, the risk of an accident is mitigated.
I have the pro and it automatically adjusts to the speed as it changes but I had to enable that in the Idrive menu.
BMW 320D XDRIVE Mineral White, M-Sport Plus Pack, Tech Pack, Premium Pack, Visibility Pack, Comfort Pack, Live Cockpit Professional, Connected Package Professional, Driving Assistant Professional & Parking Assistant Plus
Appreciate 1
gnolivos316.00
      01-06-2022, 08:06 AM   #161
paulockenden
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 330e xDrive Touring

If only the cameras didn't see side streets with 20 signs as being on YOUR road, or speed limit signs on the back of vans, or in one case near me the SO of a SOLD board outside a house as an 80 limit!

I wish you could disable the camera, and just rely on the underlying map data, which although not perfect is FAR better than the camera adjustments.
Appreciate 1
      01-06-2022, 08:13 AM   #162
Keith_C
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i M Sport Plus

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulockenden View Post
If only the cameras didn't see side streets with 20 signs as being on YOUR road, or speed limit signs on the back of vans, or in one case near me the SO of a SOLD board outside a house as an 80 limit!

I wish you could disable the camera, and just rely on the underlying map data, which although not perfect is FAR better than the camera adjustments.
When I'm coming down the roadworks from work on the M6, it always reads the 10mph from the site works on the central reservation, car thinks I'm a right mad bastard 40mph over the limit!!
M240i - Thundernight Metallic - Cognac Interior - M Technology Pack - Technology Plus Pack - Comfort Pack - HK - Driving Assistant - M Adaptive Suspension - 19" 893 M Double-spoke Bicolour Alloy Wheels - Aluminium Rhombicle Interior Trim
Appreciate 1
      01-06-2022, 09:00 AM   #163
Rhino at Work
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G21 330i Portimao Blue

Quote:
Quote:

When I'm coming down the roadworks from work on the M6, it always reads the 10mph from the site works on the central reservation, car thinks I'm a right mad bastard 40mph over the limit!!
A couple of times I've had it tell me the limit is 90 whilst in a country village!
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2022, 10:12 AM   #164
crowdedhouse
Second Lieutenant
Ireland
Rep
Drives: 2021 G20 330d mSport

Quote:
There's a stretch of road near my home which was changed from 100 to 80 (km/h) maybe 6/7 years ago, every time I approach the car is prompting SET 100. Every update I hope it's changed but no, most annoying
      01-06-2022, 01:05 PM   #165
Andy3661
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW G20 3 Series 320D XDRIVE M

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:

One of my regular trips that and I have noticed the same. Also on the toll it's sets it at 100mph lol
BMW 320D XDRIVE Mineral White, M-Sport Plus Pack, Tech Pack, Premium Pack, Visibility Pack, Comfort Pack, Live Cockpit Professional, Connected Package Professional, Driving Assistant Professional & Parking Assistant Plus
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2022, 11:11 AM   #166
Paul D3
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Alpina D3

The fact that the parking sensor display comes on automatically when close to objects/driving forward into spaces if there's an obstruction.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2022, 03:00 PM   #167
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 340i

Found out the car double beeps the horn if you lock it with the engine running.

Solution I have found from bimmerpost is below..... Will try it out this week.

"If you put your key almost touching the driver window when you lock it it doesn't do the double beep of the horn."

Useful if it does work to not annoy the neighbours but the cold would have done that anyway in my case and is far louder!
Appreciate 1
      01-10-2022, 12:12 AM   #168
4monks
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M340i xDrive MHT G20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul D3 View Post
The fact that the parking sensor display comes on automatically when close to objects/driving forward into spaces if there's an obstruction.
... and you can tag locations to make the parking display come on automatically (like your drive, a regular parking location etc).
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2022, 07:49 AM   #169
gnolivos
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4monks View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul D3 View Post
... and you can tag locations to make the parking display come on automatically (like your drive, a regular parking location etc).
You can only do that for the front crosstraffic camera, I think.
      01-10-2022, 01:11 PM   #170
Paul D3
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Alpina D3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 225 View Post
Found out the car double beeps the horn if you lock it with the engine running.

Solution I have found from bimmerpost is below..... Will try it out this week.

"If you put your key almost touching the driver window when you lock it it doesn't do the double beep of the horn."

Useful if it does work to not annoy the neighbours but the cold would have done that anyway in my case and is far louder!
That’s quite handy, as setting off early and defrosting the car not only has an overly loud cold start but also beeps the horn which annoys me never mind my neighbours.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2022, 04:05 PM   #171
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 340i

Using voice control button on the wheel and stating activate sport (or what ever mode you wish) to change drive modes is growing on me now as well.
Appreciate 1
gnolivos316.00
      01-10-2022, 04:26 PM   #172
G82Dude
-
Rep
Drives: M4CMxD

...try saying "activate passenger ejector seat" to voice control (with someone seated). That's funny.
Appreciate 0