Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum Order Tracking Thread - Stages, Dates and Data Points

09-28-2020, 09:56 AM   #1343
Casone238
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M340

(For context my car is still at the vpc) so I get a email from my CA asking if I can pick up the car by the 30th. I told him it's very unlikely due to my work schedule this week. Then he offered to ship it to my house for $100. I told him no I rather pick it up at the dealership. My take away is there September sales didn't meet the goal.

It would be pretty funny if my car arrives at the dealership oct 1st
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2020, 09:59 AM   #1344
bokmeipai
Rep
Drives: 2021 M340Xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casone238 View Post
(For context my car is still at the vpc) so I get a email from my CA asking if I can pick up the car by the 30th. I told him it's very unlikely due to my work schedule this week. Then he offered to ship it to my house for $100. I told him no I rather pick it up at the dealership. My take away is there September sales didn't meet the goal.

which dealership did you buy from ?
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2020, 10:00 AM   #1345
mf44
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '24 iX 50

Quote:

Maybe ask him for a deeper discount to take it this month? Everyone is acting like October is guaranteed to have better numbers...no one really knows other than a few folks inside BMWFS.
Appreciate 1
      09-28-2020, 10:37 AM   #1346
Casone238
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokmeipai View Post
which dealership did you buy from ?
Springfield, NJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by mf44 View Post

Maybe ask him for a deeper discount to take it this month? Everyone is acting like October is guaranteed to have better numbers...no one really knows other than a few folks inside BMWFS.
That's a good point, I could take delivery before but the timing would be very specific because of my work schedule. I also told him last week when he sent me the vpc time like I that I will pick it up Saturday so pressure to pick it up sooner is a little baffling
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2020, 11:17 AM   #1347
ThatKrazyPolak
Banned
Rep
Drives: 228xi (SOLD)

Springfield refused to build me an M340 last year. They pressured me to buy off the lot. When I sent them a better quote from a different dealership they never responded.

They literally told me to swap tires and wrap the console trim to the color I want on a car they had on the lot. Why would I want to pay more to do that when I could just order the car I want? I wasn't in a rush to buy I'm not a kid.
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2020, 12:09 PM   #1348
Casone238
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatKrazyPolak View Post
Springfield refused to build me an M340 last year. They pressured me to buy off the lot. When I sent them a better quote from a different dealership they never responded.

They literally told me to swap tires and wrap the console trim to the color I want on a car they had on the lot. Why would I want to pay more to do that when I could just order the car I want? I wasn't in a rush to buy I'm not a kid.
That's crazy, That's one of the stressful parts about car shopping you have a specific build in place and the sales rep is trying to sell you what they have in lot that is close to that build. It's annoying.

I heard such good things about bimmer David, placed a order with him, to cut a long story short 2 1/2 months go by no production # and he stopping responding to my emails and phone calls, which lead me to placing a order with Springfield
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2020, 06:12 PM   #1349
H433x0n
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M340i

Seems like the Glovis Courage is just sitting there anchored off port. Suspense is killing me. I was hoping to find out if this is the boat our cars will be getting loaded onto or not.
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2020, 07:37 PM   #1350
cc009
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M340i X drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by H433x0n View Post
Seems like the Glovis Courage is just sitting there anchored off port. Suspense is killing me. I was hoping to find out if this is the boat our cars will be getting loaded onto or not.
Haha I been watching that too, looks like it just docked. Really hoping this is the boat as well. Or else, who knows how long we will be waiting :/
My dealership said it would be 6-8 weeks from my order placement which was on 8/28.
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2020, 07:47 PM   #1351
Vmaxx
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 M340i xDrive

You were a couple of weeks before me so let’s see what actual delivery dates look like in a few weeks.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2020, 07:38 AM   #1352
carguy19
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M340

Quote:
Originally Posted by cc009 View Post
Haha I been watching that too, looks like it just docked. Really hoping this is the boat as well. Or else, who knows how long we will be waiting :/
My dealership said it would be 6-8 weeks from my order placement which was on 8/28.
I ordered on 8-28 as well. Car completed production on 9-17.

This has to be the boat... no other glovis carrier anywhere close to Altimira anytime soon. Lets all pray to the bmw & transport gods.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2020, 08:32 AM   #1353
mf44
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '24 iX 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by carguy19 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by cc009 View Post
I ordered on 8-28 as well. Car completed production on 9-17.

This has to be the boat... no other glovis carrier anywhere close to Altimira anytime soon. Lets all pray to the bmw & transport gods.
Approximately same timeline here too. Crossing my fingers
Appreciate 1
      09-29-2020, 09:29 AM   #1354
carguy19
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

The glovis courage is now docked at the port where the new bmw storage terminal is.... getting a little more hopeful.

If you guys want to take a peek, look at the position of the courage, then look at google earth, you can see the terminal and match it up to the position of the ship.

I'm crossing everything now. LOL
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2020, 12:13 PM   #1355
its_jacobli
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M340i XDrive

I was wondering how BMW determines where to offload their vehicles. I've been tracking GOLOVIS SOLOMON for the past few days and the ship is now docked at Freeport/Galveston TX, and to my understanding that is where one of the BMW vehicle distribution centers is located at. Since I live in central Illinois I was trying to figure out whether my car is going to be offloaded there or if it's going to be shipped all the way up to New Jersey before boarding a truck. The Genius Hotline wasn't able to provide me with any more detail than the name of the ship and the wait is getting a bit frustrating, especially when my sales happens to be someone that's not a big fan of replying to emails or phone calls
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2020, 12:24 PM   #1356
carguy19
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by its_jacobli View Post
I was wondering how BMW determines where to offload their vehicles. I've been tracking GOLOVIS SOLOMON for the past few days and the ship is now docked at Freeport/Galveston TX, and to my understanding that is where one of the BMW vehicle distribution centers is located at. Since I live in central Illinois I was trying to figure out whether my car is going to be offloaded there or if it's going to be shipped all the way up to New Jersey before boarding a truck. The Genius Hotline wasn't able to provide me with any more detail than the name of the ship and the wait is getting a bit frustrating, especially when my sales happens to be someone that's not a big fan of replying to emails or phone calls
Almost all of the cars for the eastern half of the USA come through port jersey in NJ/NY border. The prep center there is about the size of 10 football fields. I grew up a few miles from there. I'm pretty sure cars going to IL go through port jersey.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2020, 01:09 PM   #1357
Casone238
Captain
United_States
Rep

My car is now at the dealership, as stated before I'm take delivery Saturday morning, depending on stuff I'm see if I can make on Thursday or Friday
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2020, 01:13 PM   #1358
carguy19
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
My car is now at the dealership, as stated before I'm take delivery Saturday morning, depending on stuff I'm see if I can make on Thursday or Friday
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2020, 01:24 PM   #1359
its_jacobli
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by carguy19 View Post
Quote:
Almost all of the cars for the eastern half of the USA come through port jersey in NJ/NY border. The prep center there is about the size of 10 football fields. I grew up a few miles from there. I'm pretty sure cars going to IL go through port jersey.
Appreciate the info! The ship is expected to arrive at NJ on Oct.6 so I guess it'll be another 2-3 weeks before my car arrives at the dealership.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2020, 02:09 PM   #1360
H433x0n
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M340i

Worth noting - For those who have a build that is ready for transport the image on the tracker has updated to show a picture of the actual car as it is spec’d.

Last edited by H433x0n; 09-29-2020 at 02:18 PM..
Appreciate 2
mf44489.50
      09-29-2020, 02:10 PM   #1361
eforty6_m3
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '05 M3 6MT

Garage List
2005 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Appreciate the info! The ship is expected to arrive at NJ on Oct.6 so I guess it'll be another 2-3 weeks before my car arrives at the dealership.
Yep, 10/6! My CA says it usually takes about a week to get to Warwick,RI, assuming there are no issues, recalls, or performance parts being installed (which there aren't). So I'm hoping to take delivery by 10/16, the latest.

'05 BMW M3 6MT (Weekend car)
Need to stock up on some detailing products or spiff up your garage, then use my Obsessed Garage link!
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2020, 02:42 PM   #1362
its_jacobli
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by eforty6_m3 View Post
Quote:
Yep, 10/6! My CA says it usually takes about a week to get to Warwick,RI, assuming there are no issues, recalls, or performance parts being installed (which there aren't). So I'm hoping to take delivery by 10/16, the latest.
Hope you'll take delivery asap! I reckon IL is a bit further from NJ so I'm expecting to pick up the car around late October. Meanwhile I could stare at the new profile picture that BMW uploaded to Mygarage today lol
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2020, 02:46 PM   #1363
eforty6_m3
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '05 M3 6MT

Garage List
2005 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by eforty6_m3 View Post
Quote:
Hope you'll take delivery asap! I reckon IL is a bit further from NJ so I'm expecting to pick up the car around late October. Meanwhile I could stare at the new profile picture that BMW uploaded to Mygarage today lol
Thanks, man. Ditto to you!

And yep, would you look at that! There is, indeed, an actual photo instead of the generic image. Very cool!

'05 BMW M3 6MT (Weekend car)
Need to stock up on some detailing products or spiff up your garage, then use my Obsessed Garage link!
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2020, 02:51 PM   #1364
its_jacobli
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

So finally there's a side profile of my Sapphire Black Metallic build with cognac interior and open pore oak wood trim. Let's hope that the next time I post a picture it would be on delivery day
Attached Images

Appreciate 0