Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Dating - Good/Bad Experiences

09-23-2019, 01:22 PM   #4665
FuriouslyFast
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miss Daisy

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Now_Rudi View Post
I still have a few things that ex's gave to me in my home. It all depends on the item, the relationship I had with the person, how it ended and how it makes me feel when I see the item. If it causes me emotional strife when I look at it, it isn't worth keeping around. Two scenarios here: The ex-wife (the crazy, adulterous, narcissistic one) "made" me a picture of an owl and framed it for Valentine's Day years ago. She stated that she drew it and painted it for me. She did not. It was a page cut out of a coloring book that she did paint with water colors that maybe took 10 minutes to do as it was all painted with the same color.....black. So many metaphors here. I keep it as reminder of who she was, a liar and a terrible dark person. It doesn't make feel angry when I look at it, but it does remind me to be careful of the people that I allow in to my life. Item 2 was a hand hammered cross that came from a metal worker at a Catholic church in New Mexico. A gift from the same person. I collect weird religious items from varying religions because I don't really believe in any of them. I have hand made prayer bowls, prayer flags, beads, etc. The cross she bought for me while on a trip she made out there. I found out later that she had slept with a friend of mine the same week she came back and gave me the cross. Looking at that evoked emotions, so I got rid of it.

If the painting doesn't bring negative feelings or thoughts, keep it. As an artist myself, it's kind of a slap in the face when we devote time and put ourselves into something, especially when created for a person specifically, that doesn't appreciate it enough to keep it.

That's pretty funny.

This.

I get random messages, on occasion, from old friends, former girlfriends and whatnot of artwork that I made for them. It always makes me smile to know that they have kept those things for all these years. It also reminds me of who I was back then, where I was mentally, emotionally and reminds me of where I was when I created it. Almost like a time capsule of memories that I had forgotten of my own life.
Yup, I got rid of anything that caused me pain when I looked at it after each relationship. I have other stuff from past bitches, but it's stuff I use & don't think of them at all.
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13152.00
      09-23-2019, 01:23 PM   #4666
FuriouslyFast
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
I love when women EXPECT me to cook for them right off the bat. No, that is earned. Last one I said that to got upset & said "What have you earned? It's 50/50 hun."

Keep in mind we went on ONE date. I told her she has issues & blocked her #
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2019, 02:21 PM   #4667
Turkish Pickle
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 330i xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by FuriouslyFast View Post
Yup, I got rid of anything that caused me pain when I looked at it after each relationship. I have other stuff from past bitches, but it's stuff I use & don't think of them at all.
Oh yeah - my shower curtain hooks are copper-coated because my ex from sophomore year bought them for me as a gift

she was hot but we don't think about that every time we take a shower
Appreciate 1
      09-24-2019, 03:06 AM   #4668
Dang3r
Schmollbraten
Germany
Rep
Drives: M4CPC // HP4 Comp.

You know what, actually in my opinion are former GF's are the most danger for active relationships or marriages, especially when you're never really finished with it - from both sides.
There was this woman for 17 years ago, we had a more short and on sex based relation, it had ended for some reasons, wasn't the right time for both of us to extend it.
But, we had kept the contact very loose via mails, meanwhile she's married with 3 kids, house and job and she's lucky with it.
Since I got a cellphone just for What's App I gave her my number for no special reasons, just for short texting if we're in the mood for. At a late evening in April this year she'd knocked on the phone, wifey was gone to bed and so I had a little time to start the conversation. To keep a longer story short: The following talks are moving from high emotional disputes over laughing at old jokes and back. Meanwhile we'd reached a balanced chat without too much feelings and jibes. Just chatting over the life and other things.
Now, a very good friend of mine is moving down to Spain at the beginning of October, I am the second truck driver for the long journey and guess what, the route is bringing me so fuqing close to her, that I could easy spit from the motorway over to her house. I told her this and at this point we'd determined a slight change within the chats, it was going the direction "what about a meeting" and so on. At least she'd admitted that she couldn't meet me in person, because she wants to keep her perfect world up and wasn't sure what happened to us, if we're meet each other. So were my thoughts, Im not interested to risk my relationship just for calling the ghosts again.
But if Im absolutely honest to myself, I cought me for seconds at some monents to think about it though and Im sure that she would have the same events.

Some say, that my scrotum has its own small gravity field and when Im slowing down that brake lights come on at my buttox
Appreciate 3
      09-24-2019, 06:51 AM   #4669
nyalpine90
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: MY24 G01 AW Msport

Garage List
2016 BMW X4  [9.33]
Appreciate 1
      09-24-2019, 08:49 AM   #4670
FuriouslyFast
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dang3r View Post
You know what, actually in my opinion are former GF's are the most danger for active relationships or marriages, especially when you're never really finished with it - from both sides.
There was this woman for 17 years ago, we had a more short and on sex based relation, it had ended for some reasons, wasn't the right time for both of us to extend it.
But, we had kept the contact very loose via mails, meanwhile she's married with 3 kids, house and job and she's lucky with it.
Since I got a cellphone just for What's App I gave her my number for no special reasons, just for short texting if we're in the mood for. At a late evening in April this year she'd knocked on the phone, wifey was gone to bed and so I had a little time to start the conversation. To keep a longer story short: The following talks are moving from high emotional disputes over laughing at old jokes and back. Meanwhile we'd reached a balanced chat without too much feelings and jibes. Just chatting over the life and other things.
Now, a very good friend of mine is moving down to Spain at the beginning of October, I am the second truck driver for the long journey and guess what, the route is bringing me so fuqing close to her, that I could easy spit from the motorway over to her house. I told her this and at this point we'd determined a slight change within the chats, it was going the direction "what about a meeting" and so on. At least she'd admitted that she couldn't meet me in person, because she wants to keep her perfect world up and wasn't sure what happened to us, if we're meet each other. So were my thoughts, Im not interested to risk my relationship just for calling the ghosts again.
But if Im absolutely honest to myself, I cought me for seconds at some monents to think about it though and Im sure that she would have the same events.
You're both cheating on your SOs. Stop.
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2019, 10:28 AM   #4671
upstatedoc
I'll get back to you
Rep
Drives: blue streak

Appreciate 1
Rmtt8206.00
      09-24-2019, 10:37 AM   #4672
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkish Pickle View Post
she was hot but we don't think about that every time we take a shower
LIAR!!!!!
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2019, 01:39 PM   #4673
Turkish Pickle
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by FuriouslyFast View Post
You're both cheating on your SOs. Stop.
they seemingly agreed on not meeting so i don't really see the issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
LIAR!!!!!

onto better and smaller things! she was tall but boy did she get fat
Appreciate 1
Dang3r12503.00
      09-25-2019, 01:41 AM   #4674
Dang3r
Schmollbraten
Germany
Rep
Drives: M4CPC // HP4 Comp.

Quote:
Correct. What's a bit fascinating is the fact, that just the talking about had brought us out of balance...and that since this very long time.

Some say, that my scrotum has its own small gravity field and when Im slowing down that brake lights come on at my buttox
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2019, 11:34 AM   #4675
FuriouslyFast
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

onto better and smaller things! she was tall but boy did she get fat
Emotionally cheating.
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2019, 09:18 AM   #4676
Turkish Pickle
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
is no one getting laid lately?
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2019, 09:30 AM   #4677
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Every damn day.
Appreciate 4
upstatedoc7555.50
Rmtt8206.00
MKSixer34171.50
      10-04-2019, 11:26 AM   #4678
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Quote:
Every damn day.
Same here...I thought that was the norm.
      10-04-2019, 11:44 AM   #4679
dinonz
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3 MWM ZCP

Quote:
I've got a lunch date. First time we've met, so I doubt I'm getting laid but if it happens I can't wait for it to be over so I can come tell you all about it!
Appreciate 2
      10-04-2019, 11:46 AM   #4680
Turkish Pickle
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dinonz View Post
I've got a lunch date. First time we've met, so I doubt I'm getting laid but if it happens I can't wait for it to be over so I can come tell you all about it!
ayyy there ya go!
keep us posted man, regardless of how it goes
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2019, 11:51 AM   #4681
dinonz
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
ayyy there ya go!
keep us posted man, regardless of how it goes
I dunno. There's already a red flag - she's religious. I'm not.
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2019, 12:01 PM   #4682
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmtt View Post
Same here...I thought that was the norm.
Shit man, I'm lucky enough to have a girl that wants it just as much as I do. If we have to go a day without, we are complete bitches to everyone the day after.

Quote:
You'd be surprised how quickly those religious girls like to give that stuff out. It's crazy actually. Just avoid the topic for as long as you can.
Appreciate 2
Rmtt8206.00
      10-04-2019, 12:10 PM   #4683
dinonz
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
You'd be surprised how quickly those religious girls like to give that stuff out. It's crazy actually. Just avoid the topic for as long as you can.
Oh - it wasn't that I was worried about. It was the being religious, and wanting to go to church? The only church I go to is Cars and Coffee.
Appreciate 3
King Rudi13152.00
bimmette6452.50
      10-04-2019, 12:11 PM   #4684
upstatedoc
I'll get back to you
Rep
Drives: blue streak

Quote:
what religion? up tight catholic or devout born again christian?
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2019, 12:13 PM   #4685
dinonz
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by upstatedoc View Post
what religion? up tight catholic or devout born again christian?
Not specifically stated yet - just that "religion/God are somewhat important in her life".
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2019, 12:29 PM   #4686
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Not specifically stated yet - just that "religion/God are somewhat important in her life".
Key word here being "somewhat." You're golden man. I predict butt stuff by date 3.
Appreciate 4