Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Dating - Good/Bad Experiences

11-26-2019, 09:03 AM   #4885
pennsiveguy
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15 xDrive50i M-sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmtt View Post
I'm in automation and chemicals...or chemicals and automation depending on how you look at it.

On the Automation side, I faced the same situation as you. On the chemical side, it's a completely different story as most all the salespeople for those products and associated products are pretty hot.

But you have to have some angle to get your foot in the door I suppose...and these women in sales really know how to take advantage of it.
I had a next door neighbor about 20 years ago who was smokin' hot - I'm talking Victoria's Secret here - and was a pharmaceutical sales rep. Smart AF, too. In her late 20's she had bought a house worth around $1M, all on her own. I bet that her pitching her "wares" to old crusty doctors with frumpy wives must have been quite a sight to behold. She could have sold them cat turds for $100 apiece, I'll bet.
kscarrol8894.00
King Rudi13154.00
      11-26-2019, 09:52 AM   #4886
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennsiveguy View Post
I had a next door neighbor about 20 years ago who was smokin' hot - I'm talking Victoria's Secret here - and was a pharmaceutical sales rep. Smart AF, too. In her late 20's she had bought a house worth around $1M, all on her own. I bet that her pitching her "wares" to old crusty doctors with frumpy wives must have been quite a sight to behold. She could have sold them cat turds for $100 apiece, I'll bet.
What really sucks is that we have a new rep here who first day picked up on how much fitness plays a part in my life. She's a whiner though that doesn't want to put effort into anything. She asked me one day about a workout program at home because she didn't feel like going to a gym. I told her to get some cheap dumbbells and I would set her something up with a diet....until later I heard that she was complaining about the weight of her laptop and having to carry it home.

I told her she could use her laptop as a weight...especially since her desk was littered with junk food.

Kicker is she got me in some major shit when she texted me this weekend out of the blue on my work-phone. My wife told me my phone went off. I was getting out of the shower and told her to have a look as it may be work. It happened to be this girl and my wife went off (Natural Redhead). I had to set her straight this morning.
      11-26-2019, 10:18 AM   #4887
FuriouslyFast
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miss Daisy

Garage List
Quote:
Let's not forget that a big girl does have some benefits. Lots of places to hide stuff. Warmth in the winter. And in the summer...shade!
& most of them give great head
Appreciate 1
      11-26-2019, 10:21 AM   #4888
FuriouslyFast
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTinline-six View Post
Lucky. I work in IT, and it seems that when I go to conferences I'm the only one who doesn't fit the stereotype. Of the 50 younger women employed by my company, I would say that only about 5 of them aren't gross overweight sociopaths. 4 of them are married.
I do whatever I can to not socialize at work I'm here for this shit check till I find a new job, not deal with office drama or get laid. Although, a couple girls here are pretty attractive
Appreciate 1
      11-26-2019, 10:21 AM   #4889
FuriouslyFast
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Just private messages out of the blue. Odd...I only have one pic on there and it's not a really flattering one as I just tossed it up there when I made the account.

Most were women coming through the area on the way for meetings and asked if I wanted to meet for drinks. I would tell them I didn't drink, but could show them around....as long as they weren't married.

That's one code I never broke when single! I have been called a lot of things...but "home-wrecker" hasn't been one of them. But come to think of it...most of my connections are in the same line of work...so I have undoubtedly met or seen them at trade shows before. Maybe that's it.
You have to be one handsome man then. Stop lying
Appreciate 2
Rmtt8208.00
      11-26-2019, 10:23 AM   #4890
FuriouslyFast
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by VisualEcho View Post
That's rough bro. But I guess if it has to be done, it has to be done.
What exactly is rough about being hit on? Nothing. No one is attracted to everyone, but that doesn't mean you have to be rude to someone.

If people were nice to their fellow man, the world would be a much better place.
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2019, 10:26 AM   #4891
pennsiveguy
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Kicker is she got me in some major shit when she texted me this weekend out of the blue on my work-phone. My wife told me my phone went off. I was getting out of the shower and told her to have a look as it may be work. It happened to be this girl and my wife went off (Natural Redhead). I had to set her straight this morning.
That sucks, man. Workplace relations of any sort between members of the opposite sex are a minefield. I learned years ago to keep my distance, and keep everything focused on work and leave the personal stuff for off-hours and non-work people. A few clients are women and have my cell number, but I just ignore any texts or email that are even remotely close to "out-of-bounds" on the rare occasion when it happens. Everyone's been really professional, thankfully. They're IT people, so they're not flaky or impulsive. I'm careful not to give them any impression that I'm interested in anything but a business relationship.
      11-26-2019, 10:30 AM   #4892
nyalpine90
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: MY24 G01 AW Msport

Garage List
2016 BMW X4  [9.33]
Quote:
What really sucks is that we have a new rep here who first day picked up on how much fitness plays a part in my life. She's a whiner though that doesn't want to put effort into anything. She asked me one day about a workout program at home because she didn't feel like going to a gym. I told her to get some cheap dumbbells and I would set her something up with a diet....until later I heard that she was complaining about the weight of her laptop and having to carry it home.

I told her she could use her laptop as a weight...especially since her desk was littered with junk food.

was she asking for exercise routine or set of hands lol
Appreciate 1
Rmtt8208.00
      11-26-2019, 11:00 AM   #4893
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
I began in the field about 22 years ago as a field rep and this was completely the norm. In our average meeting you could close your eyes, throw a stick, and it would bounce off the heads of 5 Ms. America contestants before it hit the floor. We were in a meeting in Chicago when I worked for one of the largest ones in the world which included me and about 10,000 of my best friends. When we left the conference center is looked as if someone stepped on an ant pile.

As we were walking out and elderly couple walking in front of us said, "I don't know what's going on here but these are some of the most attractive people I've ever seen outside of a movie or TV show...it's very strange." When I worked for that same company, one of my best friends in training and we are still good friends today, was accepted to be on The Batchelor and was even given the archetype as, "The Bitch", but the company would not allow her the leave time to do the show.

These women are hot, hungry and will cut your balls off if you fuq with their bonuses or their jobs. No questions asked or quarter given. Truly valkyries. And a fair amount are sociopaths or have sociopathic tendencies. As you'd expect with sales people.
Sir 7ewis, 7X FIA Formula One World Championship, World Driving Champion. 100 Wins. 101 Pole Positions. 54 Fastest Laps. Actual Rain Master. Leave me to it, Bono. One Race Win in each of his 15 years in F1. Most Laps Led in Formula One. The Centurion.
Appreciate 3
Rmtt8208.00
      11-26-2019, 11:26 AM   #4894
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuriouslyFast View Post
You have to be one handsome man then. Stop lying
Alas....age is starting to catch up to me. Well my hair anyways. I'm 45 and starting to get that little sprinkle of silver hair coming in at random places on my head. If my "dome" were scar-less and had that perfect shape like Now_Rudi I would just go bald!

I like to think my physique could hold it's own against most anyone still though.
      11-26-2019, 11:29 AM   #4895
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyalpine90 View Post
was she asking for exercise routine or set of hands lol
She's an odd one. Found out through a co-worker that she still lives at home with her mom....and anything she orders online comes through the plant as her mom apparently complains about any money she spends.

I kind of felt bad for her, but I told her that my work phone was for work issues only...and that no one here had my private number for a reason!
      11-26-2019, 11:35 AM   #4896
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
That sucks, man. Workplace relations of any sort between members of the opposite sex are a minefield. I learned years ago to keep my distance, and keep everything focused on work and leave the personal stuff for off-hours and non-work people. A few clients are women and have my cell number, but I just ignore any texts or email that are even remotely close to "out-of-bounds" on the rare occasion when it happens. Everyone's been really professional, thankfully. They're IT people, so they're not flaky or impulsive. I'm careful not to give them any impression that I'm interested in anything but a business relationship.
Same here. Years ago when single, I went out with a girl that worked at our plant. She had moved down here and I won't lie...appearance and body-wise she was smoking.

I took her out on a dare as the guys at work didn't think I would get a shot at it. Problem was once it started, I couldn't get rid of her. I actually changed jobs because of her.

I learned my lesson the hard way!
      11-26-2019, 11:41 AM   #4897
terryna
Rep
Drives: m5

I love this thread
Appreciate 3
      11-26-2019, 11:46 AM   #4898
pennsiveguy
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
I began in the field about 22 years ago as a field rep and this was completely the norm. In our average meeting you could close your eyes, throw a stick, and it would bounce off the heads of 5 Ms. America contestants before it hit the floor. We were in a meeting in Chicago when I worked for one of the largest ones in the world which included me and about 10,000 of my best friends. When we left the conference center is looked as if someone stepped on an ant pile.

As we were walking out and elderly couple walking in front of us said, "I don't know what's going on here but these are some of the most attractive people I've ever seen outside of a movie or TV show...it's very strange." When I worked for that same company, one of my best friends in training and we are still good friends today, was accepted to be on The Batchelor and was even given the archetype as, "The Bitch", but the company would not allow her the leave time to do the show.

These women are hot, hungry and will cut your balls off if you fuq with their bonuses or their jobs. No questions asked or quarter given. Truly valkyries. And a fair amount are sociopaths or have sociopathic tendencies. As you'd expect with sales people.
This neighbor had the huge ego typical of someone in such a position. I came home one day to find that a new tree had been planted near where our properties adjoined. It was an expensive tree, by its size alone, and really nice-looking. I discretely checked later when she was away, and it was definitely on my side of the property line, by about 2 feet. I said nothing about it for several months.

Then one day, I feigned sheepishness and walked across the lawn to talk to her. "I feel so bad for never having thanked you for the tree. It's beautiful, and you're so generous to plant it in my yard. I just pulled a couple of briskets out of the smoker. Can I offer you some?" She insisted that the tree was on her side of the property line and strained to keep cool, but you could see the steam coming out of her ears. She didn't want any brisket, thanks.

I came home a few days later to see fresh surveying stakes with various colored ribbons, up and down the line between our lots. The tree was on my side, the surveyors had no doubt informed her. Hopefully they got to keep their balls. She went out and pulled up all the stakes, fuming. The next week, a fresh set of stakes appeared which revealed the same result.

We lived next door for another year and a half or so, and she wouldn't even make eye contact with me the whole rest of the time. She was a real piece of work, that one.
Rmtt8208.00
      11-26-2019, 01:24 PM   #4899
FuriouslyFast
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Alas....age is starting to catch up to me. Well my hair anyways. I'm 45 and starting to get that little sprinkle of silver hair coming in at random places on my head. If my "dome" were scar-less and had that perfect shape like Now_Rudi I would just go bald!

I like to think my physique could hold it's own against most anyone still though.
STARTING? lol kids these days! I'm 38 & most of my hair has been gray for a while. All good as I look good gray. I definitely cannot shave mine either.

I'm still built about the same as I was in HS
Appreciate 2
Rmtt8208.00
      11-26-2019, 01:26 PM   #4900
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
This neighbor had the huge ego typical of someone in such a position. I came home one day to find that a new tree had been planted near where our properties adjoined. It was an expensive tree, by its size alone, and really nice-looking. I discretely checked later when she was away, and it was definitely on my side of the property line, by about 2 feet. I said nothing about it for several months.

Then one day, I feigned sheepishness and walked across the lawn to talk to her. "I feel so bad for never having thanked you for the tree. It's beautiful, and you're so generous to plant it in my yard. I just pulled a couple of briskets out of the smoker. Can I offer you some?" She insisted that the tree was on her side of the property line and strained to keep cool, but you could see the steam coming out of her ears. She didn't want any brisket, thanks.

I came home a few days later to see fresh surveying stakes with various colored ribbons, up and down the line between our lots. The tree was on my side, the surveyors had no doubt informed her. Hopefully they got to keep their balls. She went out and pulled up all the stakes, fuming. The next week, a fresh set of stakes appeared which revealed the same result.

We lived next door for another year and a half or so, and she wouldn't even make eye contact with me the whole rest of the time. She was a real piece of work, that one.
Awesome story! Thanks for sharing!!
Fill this one under my 3rd personality descriptor: Will cut your balls off. LOL!!
Sir 7ewis, 7X FIA Formula One World Championship, World Driving Champion. 100 Wins. 101 Pole Positions. 54 Fastest Laps. Actual Rain Master. Leave me to it, Bono. One Race Win in each of his 15 years in F1. Most Laps Led in Formula One. The Centurion.
Appreciate 3
Rmtt8208.00
      11-26-2019, 01:35 PM   #4901
upstatedoc
I'll get back to you
Rep
Drives: blue streak

Quote:

psychoooo
Appreciate 2
MKSixer34173.50
      11-26-2019, 01:42 PM   #4902
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:

LOL....we moved into a house once and the surveyors had left up the stakes marking the property line. Basically it was rebar with orange flags tied to it. I was busy with work and travel for awhile, and came in one day and the stakes were removed and lying beside our house.

I put them back up as I was kind of miffed about it...a week later they were pulled back up again and laying beside our house.

The next weekend, I put them back up and the guy next door was outside doing yard-work. Now they had never even taken the time to talk with us, or even ask about what we planned to do with them.

But he approached me as soon as I put them back up and asked me what I was doing. I told him just putting them back in place as I hadn't had a chance to really look over the property line as I had been out of town a lot. He got a slight attitude and told me that he would pull them back out when he cut had to cut his grass.

I told him that was fine, but if he did so..the next time I replaced them I would stick them all through his front door seeing as he had no issue coming onto my property.

He walked away and I think I finally removed them a few weeks later.

I wasn't trying to be a smart-ass, but he rubbed me the wrong way. I'm typically the type of neighbor you never have any issues with. I mind my business and stay to myself. Hell....I would even help him out with anything if he were to ask...but if he had been civil in the first place!
      11-26-2019, 01:42 PM   #4903
pennsiveguy
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by upstatedoc View Post
psychoooo
Big surprise, she went though boyfriends on an almost monthly basis. Some of them seemed, from a distance at least, like decent chaps. I never bothered to get to know any of them, 'cause I knew they wouldn't be around long. Watching her go through men was like watching a drunken frat boy on a sack of White Castles.
MKSixer34173.50
King Rudi13154.00
      11-26-2019, 01:44 PM   #4904
pennsiveguy
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
LOL....we moved into a house once and the surveyors had left up the stakes marking the property line. Basically it was rebar with orange flags tied to it. I was busy with work and travel for awhile, and came in one day and the stakes were removed and lying beside our house.

I put them back up as I was kind of miffed about it...a week later they were pulled back up again and laying beside our house.

The next weekend, I put them back up and the guy next door was outside doing yard-work. Now they had never even taken the time to talk with us, or even ask about what we planned to do with them.

But he approached me as soon as I put them back up and asked me what I was doing. I told him just putting them back in place as I hadn't had a chance to really look over the property line as I had been out of town a lot. He got a slight attitude and told me that he would pull them back out when he cut had to cut his grass.

I told him that was fine, but if he did so..the next time I replaced them I would stick them all through his front door seeing as he had no issue coming onto my property.

He walked away and I think I finally removed them a few weeks later.

I wasn't trying to be a smart-ass, but he rubbed me the wrong way. I'm typically the type of neighbor you never have any issues with. I mind my business and stay to myself. Hell....I would even help him out with anything if he were to ask...but if he had been civil in the first place!
LOL - sounds like a nutter, for sure. We should probably start a new thread titled "Psycho Neighbors"
MKSixer34173.50
King Rudi13154.00
      11-26-2019, 03:34 PM   #4905
pennsiveguy
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
Truly valkyries. And a fair amount are sociopaths or have sociopathic tendencies. As you'd expect with sales people.
The best salespeople I've known are absolute sociopaths. Which makes sense, if you think about it. Take ethics and general human decency and courtesy out of the equation, and everything gets simpler and easier. And they're immune to rejection, because they don't put any value on others' opinions of them.
Rmtt8208.00
King Rudi13154.00
      11-26-2019, 03:44 PM   #4906
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
LOL - sounds like a nutter, for sure. We should probably start a new thread titled "Psycho Neighbors"
This would break the entire internet and then Al Gore would be on you like ugly on an ape.
Appreciate 2
Rmtt8208.00