Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Technical Topics DIYs and Coding Discussions Remote Software Upgrade Not Working

04-10-2024, 06:06 PM   #1
Weathermaan
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW 330i

Remote Software Upgrade Not Working

Hello everyone!

I am having trouble installing my RSU’s. I can complete the first two steps but where I have trouble is actually installing it to the car. I have tried everything under the sun and followed the owners manual exactly to meet all the requirements. I ended up taking it to the dealer and eating the $265 diagnostic fee to force the update.

My question is that the dealership told me that they found that the “hazard lights” were on which is why it was stopping the update from occurring but they were not on at any point when I was trying to install it myself. When I was attempting it this is what I did and or observed.
- Battery was at 87% charge. Needs 75% minimum to complete an update per other forums
- Parked on Flat Surface
- I had a cellular connection
- Engine was cooled down
- Park was engaged with parking brake as well
- Hazard lights and or any lights were in the “off position”
- Any and all electric chargers for phones or otherwise removed
- Key present in vehicle

Has anyone else experienced this problem and or knows if the next time I get an update - will it happen again ? Thanks.
Appreciate 0