Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board The Sports Lounge *** 2015 NFL Season thread ***

11-02-2015, 11:58 PM   #485
MrPrena
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW Hyundai Nissan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASBSECU E93 View Post
least impressive 7-0 start in NFL history...this team is WAY overrated.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
Right the hack hawks should have beat them. Bengals aren't all that great either.
Panthers have Greenbay upcoming Sunday. If Panthers beats Greenbay even without Matthews, I would say they earned the 8-0.
I think Greenbay can beat Panthers.
      11-03-2015, 12:02 AM   #486
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPrena View Post
Panthers have Greenbay upcoming Sunday. If Panthers beats Greenbay even without Matthews, I would say they earned the 8-0.
I do also but I didn't think broncos were real either. I thought only 2 top tier teams were pats and packers.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2015, 12:02 AM   #487
ASBSECU E93
Know's a guy that know's a guy...
Rep
Drives: 2010 335d; 2008 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPrena View Post
after what Denver did to GB - I'd say that win would not carry as much weight now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lups View Post
Poop shit, shit and poop. I'm mildly angry now.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2015, 12:14 AM   #488
MrPrena
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW Hyundai Nissan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
I do also but I didn't think broncos were real either. I thought only 2 top tier teams were pats and packers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASBSECU E93 View Post
after what Denver did to GB - I'd say that win would not carry as much weight now.
Greenbay vs Denver was surprise to me too.
Yeah, I like to hear any criticism or how other teams think about the Broncos.

6-0 was mainly defense. I exactly knew this was coming when PManning wasn't playing enough pre-season games. However, I wanted to give Broncos upto 7th week, but looks like they were week ahead of what I was expecting after new coaching staffs.

Win with Greenbay was a game to see how PManning can do bootleg and playaction, and also had success throwing it to tightends well. Lots of new Gary Kubiac's plays. Overall, I think Offense lines did the best.

That being said, I think Denver offense still needs to improve to beat Pats.
If Broncos beats Pats, Broncos has a high probability of winning the STuperBowl.
      11-03-2015, 05:36 AM   #489
TrevorM3
Banned
Rep
Drives: 6.3 AMG

good game plan against gb for denver. they elminated all of those short intermediate bullshit throws from aaron, and more importantly they got pressure on him.

i wouldn't mind denver winning the bowl, they are a good team and peyton is a humble guy. fuck brady and rogers
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2015, 08:17 AM   #490
Torgus
Slow.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Single Turbo N54 on Meth!

Garage List
2007 BMW E92  [10.00]
2007 BMW E90  [0.00]
2006 BMW E91  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorM3 View Post
good game plan against gb for denver. they elminated all of those short intermediate bullshit throws from aaron, and more importantly they got pressure on him.

i wouldn't mind denver winning the bowl, they are a good team and peyton is a humble guy. fuck brady and rogers
Peyton is a choke artist and the most losing QB in playoff history. He also makes annoying advertisements. I would be amazed if he makes it to another bowl game in his career. He has a good D which he needs and he needs a run game too because for whatever reason when the playoffs come he doesn't.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2015, 08:29 AM   #491
IndotagSwizz
Major
Rep
Drives: F30 320i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torgus View Post
Peyton is a choke artist and the most losing QB in playoff history. He also makes annoying advertisements. I would be amazed if he makes it to another bowl game in his career. He has a good D which he needs and he needs a run game too because for whatever reason when the playoffs come he doesn't.
this guy.... Its kinda hard winning the Super Bowl, ask Dan Marino and the rest of the greats who never won one.... man I hate the "he is a chocker" guy... I remember when they used to say the same about Lebron, then he won two rings back to back..
      11-03-2015, 09:34 AM   #492
Torgus
Slow.
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 BMW E92  [10.00]
2007 BMW E90  [0.00]
2006 BMW E91  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndotagSwizz View Post
this guy.... Its kinda hard winning the Super Bowl, ask Dan Marino and the rest of the greats who never won one.... man I hate the "he is a chocker" guy... I remember when they used to say the same about Lebron, then he won two rings back to back..
I never brought up winning a SB you did. I said I would be surprised if he even gets to another bowl game.

Look at peyton's record. more one and dones than anyone else. amazing regular season QB. in the playoffs something weird happens.

If the playoffs and superbowl do not matter we should just get rid of it and only have the regular season.

Marino was my favorite QB. He never got a ring. He will never be in the GOAT discussions. Neither will someone who has the worst record in the playoffs. When it is time to show up he doesn't I don't know what it is or why it happens but it does.

Lebron is a fuck tard and so is the NBA. The refs suck and call fouls when they want. The fact ray allen who is one of the cleanest players in the game had more fouls than Lebron over a whole season tells you something. F stern too. I can't even watch ball anymore and be interested. The game has been ruined for me. Flop flop flopidy flop call fouls when you want. it's all bullshit. Why even bring him up?

Payton is a proven chocker in the playoffs. go look at his record. worst playoff record by any QB in history, most one and dons of any QB ever, etc. He literally has the largest body of work in the playoffs that is horrible. These are facts it really isn't a discussion.

Playoff record: Peyton Manning: 11-13 he has lost more games than he has won with a .458 winning percentage

Last edited by Torgus; 11-03-2015 at 09:45 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2015, 09:43 AM   #493
IndotagSwizz
Major
Rep

Quote:
I never brought up winning a SB you did. I said I would be surprised if he even gets to another bowl game.

Look at peyton's record. more one and dones than anyone else. amazing regular season QB. in the playoffs something weird happens.

If the playoffs and superbowl do not matter we should just get rid of it and only have the regular season.

Marino was my favorite QB. He never got a ring. He will never be in the GOAT discussions. Neither will someone who has the worst record in the playoffs. When it is time to show up he doesn't I don't know what it is or why it happens but it does.

Lebron is a fuck tard and so is the NBA. The refs suck and call fouls when they want. The fact ray allen who is one of the cleanest players in the game had more fouls than Lebron over a whole season tells you something. F stern too. I can't even watch ball anymore and be interested. The game has been ruined for me. Flop flop flopidy flop call fouls when you want. it's all bullshit.
NFL playoffs are extremely random, its a one game sample size..anything can happen in one game.
The NBA has it right, on a 7 game series rarely ever the best out of the two teams losses.

By the way you seem to dislike really successful people without any legit reasons, you hate Manning because he is always on your TV screen and not funny and you hate Lebron because he is a fuck tard...
      11-03-2015, 09:55 AM   #494
Torgus
Slow.
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 BMW E92  [10.00]
2007 BMW E90  [0.00]
2006 BMW E91  [0.00]
Quote:
NFL playoffs are extremely random, its a one game sample size..anything can happen in one game.
The NBA has it right, on a 7 game series rarely ever the best out of the two teams losses.

By the way you seem to dislike really successful people without any legit reasons, you hate Manning because he is always on your TV screen and not funny and you hate Lebron because he is a fuck tard...
the NFL playoffs are not a one game sample size. I can explain how the playoffs work if you would like.

comparing the NBA to NFL playoffs is a joke. You think two NFL teams could play 7 games against each other? That would be doubling the season. They need a week to recover and look at all the injuries and concussions a normal season produces. Adding 7 games would be cruel and dangerous.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2015, 09:59 AM   #495
IndotagSwizz
Major
Rep

Quote:
the NFL playoffs are not a one game sample size. I can explain how the playoffs work if you would like.

comparing the NBA to NFL playoffs is a joke. You think two NFL teams could play 7 games against each other? That would be doubling the season. They need a week to recover and look at all the injuries and concussions a normal season produces. Adding 7 games would be cruel and dangerous.
I never said the NFL should have 7 game series, that would be ridiculous.
Just pointing out in the NBA almost all the time the best team wins period, in the NFL a lot of times the healthiest team wins not the best team. One game sample sizes are totally random.
      11-03-2015, 10:02 AM   #496
Torgus
Slow.
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 BMW E92  [10.00]
2007 BMW E90  [0.00]
2006 BMW E91  [0.00]
Quote:
I never said the NFL should have 7 game series, that would be ridiculous.
Just pointing out in the NBA almost all the time the best team wins period, in the NFL a lot of times the healthiest team wins not the best team. One game sample sizes are totally random.
so by your logic we should get rip of the playoffs and just have a longer regular season with teams playing more teams?

What would be the most fair way?
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2015, 10:03 AM   #497
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

Thumb wrestling
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2015, 10:04 AM   #498
IndotagSwizz
Major
Rep

Quote:
so by your logic we should get rip of the playoffs and just have a longer regular season with teams playing more teams?

What would be the most fair way?
I never said I had the solution, just pointed out NFL playoffs are random.
There should be a better playoff system in place
      11-03-2015, 10:06 AM   #499
Torgus
Slow.
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 BMW E92  [10.00]
2007 BMW E90  [0.00]
2006 BMW E91  [0.00]
ok but peyton has played 24 games in the playoffs. it's not like only 1. there is a LARGE body of work to compare and look at: 11-13. He loses more than he wins.

from wiki: Tom Brady holds the NFL record for most playoff wins by a quarterback with 21 and the record for most playoff games started (29). Peyton Manning holds the record for most playoff losses with 13

21 wins vs 11 wins

8 losses vs 13 losses

I don't see how that is random. The stats prove he is the most losing QB in nfl history and he has the most one and dons of any QB. These are facts not opinions...given the facts and records I would think the term chocker is rather appropriate for his playoff performance. If you have some stats that refute my argument please present them

edit: as far as random I don't think anyone who understands the game would say the playoffs are random. That is like me saying the world cup is random.

Last edited by Torgus; 11-03-2015 at 10:20 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2015, 10:19 AM   #500
IndotagSwizz
Major
Rep

Quote:
ok but peyton has played 24 games in the playoffs. it's not like only 1. there is a LARGE body of work to compare and look at: 11-13. He loses more than he wins.
In football you need a lot more than a great QB to win, you also need a really good defense and/or a really good head coach, ask Drew Brees, Aaron Rodgers...

Last edited by IndotagSwizz; 11-03-2015 at 10:23 AM.. Reason: mispelled
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2015, 10:24 AM   #501
Torgus
Slow.
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 BMW E92  [10.00]
2007 BMW E90  [0.00]
2006 BMW E91  [0.00]
Quote:
In football you need a lot more than a great QB to win, you also need a really good defense and/or a really good head coach, Drew Brees, Aaron Rodgers...
QB is the one position which can make or break the team. More of the responsibility falls on them than anyone else on the field. Hence why we compare and talk about them and their records. They LEAD the team.

The stats proven peyton is a choke artist, my point has been proven
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2015, 10:25 AM   #502
IndotagSwizz
Major
Rep

Quote:
QB is the one position which can make or break the team. More of the responsibility falls on them than anyone else on the field. Hence why we compare and talk about them and their records. They LEAD the team.

The stats proven peyton is a choke artist, my point has been proven
you are right Manning and Lebron are both chokers..and fuck tards
      11-03-2015, 10:28 AM   #503
Torgus
Slow.
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 BMW E92  [10.00]
2007 BMW E90  [0.00]
2006 BMW E91  [0.00]
Quote:
you are right Manning and Lebron are both chokers..and fuck tards
I am glad we are in agreeance!
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2015, 02:29 PM   #504
csu87
Banned
Rep
Drives: 09 335xi

Peyton chokes in the big games. Everyone who watches football knows this.

Lebron couldnt win in Cleveland when he was the only big name the first time... and the second time. He did get it done with Wade and Bosh though, you are correct there.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2015, 02:55 PM   #505
Torgus
Slow.
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 BMW E92  [10.00]
2007 BMW E90  [0.00]
2006 BMW E91  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by csu87 View Post
Peyton chokes in the big games. Everyone who watches football knows this.
The last superbowl he was in proved this once again. Holy fucking choke.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2015, 02:56 PM   #506
bmw1racer
bimmerphile, technogeek
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 E82 6MT Sport

Garage List
Quote:

Lebron is a fuck tard and so is the NBA. The refs suck and call fouls when they want. The fact ray allen who is one of the cleanest players in the game had more fouls than Lebron over a whole season tells you something. F stern too. I can't even watch ball anymore and be interested. The game has been ruined for me. Flop flop flopidy flop call fouls when you want. it's all bullshit. Why even bring him up?

Payton is a proven chocker in the playoffs. go look at his record. worst playoff record by any QB in history, most one and dons of any QB ever, etc. He literally has the largest body of work in the playoffs that is horrible. These are facts it really isn't a discussion.

Playoff record: Peyton Manning: 11-13 he has lost more games than he has won with a .458 winning percentage
Wow, someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed today...