Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Local Forums UK M340i ordered.

02-12-2020, 05:21 AM   #1
Alanli722
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: G20 M340i

M340i ordered.

I got invited to an "event" by my dealer, just to have a look and to see the state of play with regards to my 67 plate 420d GC as it was definitely in negative equity.

After a few emails with Tony Lewis he estimated it could be in about £4k negative, as I said AUCs were going for about £20k for similar cars. He also said that the event was a marketing ploy, which I was aware of but said I should go and see what they say and if they could get my out of my current car.

Long story short I ended up ordering a stock M340i in Portimao Blue with the Technology Pack, Comfort Pack and Shadow Line Plus. I wasn't really wanting the Shadowline as I actually don't like black wheels, but after seeing a touring in the showroom with Cerium Grey it did look a mess with all the fingerprint marks etc, still prefer the Cerium Grey wheels.

I'm picking up the car in 2 weeks time, looking forward to it!
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2020, 08:25 AM   #2
PeteN
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M340i Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanli722 View Post
I got invited to an "event" by my dealer, just to have a look and to see the state of play with regards to my 67 plate 420d GC as it was definitely in negative equity.

After a few emails with Tony Lewis he estimated it could be in about £4k negative, as I said AUCs were going for about £20k for similar cars. He also said that the event was a marketing ploy, which I was aware of but said I should go and see what they say and if they could get my out of my current car.

Long story short I ended up ordering a stock M340i in Portimao Blue with the Technology Pack, Comfort Pack and Shadow Line Plus. I wasn't really wanting the Shadowline as I actually don't like black wheels, but after seeing a touring in the showroom with Cerium Grey it did look a mess with all the fingerprint marks etc, still prefer the Cerium Grey wheels.

Congratulations. Sounds like a bit of a change, it'll certainly be quicker!!!My G21 M340i is Portimao and Shadowline, plus a few packs, great combo. Due in March.
I hate the cerium including the wheels, they look like they should be on a bottom end model, far too dull for me. I like black wheels but would have liked the choice of black and silver bi colour which I would prefer in all honesty. The Portimao and Black in the flesh is certainly quite eye catching.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2020, 09:24 AM   #3
Alanli722
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteN View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanli722 View Post

Congratulations. Sounds like a bit of a change, it'll certainly be quicker!!!My G21 M340i is Portimao and Shadowline, plus a few packs, great combo. Due in March.
I hate the cerium including the wheels, they look like they should be on a bottom end model, far too dull for me. I like black wheels but would have liked the choice of black and silver bi colour which I would prefer in all honesty. The Portimao and Black in the flesh is certainly quite eye catching.
Thanks! The technology and comfort packs were a must, premium would've been nice but not essential. From all the photos and videos the Cerium looks nice, in real life though not so much. But the wheels in Cerium were really nice, if I could have the Shadowline trim with the Cerium wheels that would be my ideal look.

I did mention to the sales guy I might get them to paint the black alloys a silver colour in the future.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2020, 10:53 AM   #4
larven
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F30 335d

Congrats on ordering a great car!

We need a few more M340i’s on the road as we are a rare breed, I’ve had mine nearly 4 months now and done 5k, yet to see another M340i on the road!
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2020, 02:21 PM   #5
Dave330d
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M340i touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by larven View Post
Congrats on ordering a great car!

We need a few more M340i’s on the road as we are a rare breed, I’ve had mine nearly 4 months now and done 5k, yet to see another M340i on the road!
Indeed we do , I have only seen one other in the month I have had mine
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2020, 03:24 PM   #6
Alanli722
Private First Class
Rep

I can't say I've seen one myself yet or maybe I haven't been looking out for them. Might be more aware of them now.

Either way glad to be joining the few who do have one.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2020, 03:56 AM   #7
Brokkah1
Enlisted Member
Rep

I've seen one which I'm pretty sure was the local garage's demo car, it was a touring as well!

Mine arrives next month, wait is getting painful now since I ordered in November.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2020, 04:33 AM   #8
anthonysterling
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M5 Comp, M340i, 335d, X1, 118d

Congrats, you're in for a treat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by larven View Post
... I’ve had mine nearly 4 months now and done 5k, yet to see another M340i on the road!
Agreed, picked mine up in October of last year and haven't spotted another yet - I've ony done ~2,900 though.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2020, 03:43 AM   #9
Seaford
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 840 M Sport Gran Coupe

These BMW sales guys know how to suck us in...I had no intention of getting rid of my 328. GT .....until the dealer gave me an 8 Series loaded,with all the latest technology as a loaner...a few weeks later I traded in my 'I'm very, very happy with my 328GT with all the (old) toys and am going to keep it for the foreseeable future' for an almost new 330i G20 with all the latest technology and toys.....
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2020, 04:17 AM   #10
Alanli722
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andybird View Post
These BMW sales guys know how to suck us in...I had no intention of getting rid of my 328. GT .....until the dealer gave me an 8 Series loaded,with all the latest technology as a loaner...a few weeks later I traded in my 'I'm very, very happy with my 328GT with all the (old) toys and am going to keep it for the foreseeable future' for an almost new 330i G20 with all the latest technology and toys.....
I was looking into the M340i anyways. When I sat down at my sales guy I said to him M340i, cut to the chase, Tony told me the BMW contribution was now £3250, but he was probably wouldn't be able to help with regards to my PX.

Showed my dealer Tony's M340i post on babybmw for Q4, they bettered the dealers contribution a bit (although I'm not sure what Tony's Q1 contribution was, I didn't ask) and gave a reasonable price for my car. Along with the fact VED increase would be £350 and BMWs price increase would be approx £950 in April, pulled the trigger and ordered the car.
Appreciate 0