Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Local Forums UK Individual Paint

01-26-2020, 05:57 AM   #1
nashdm2
Private
Rep
Drives: F11

Individual Paint

Guys, the online configurator does not show the individual paint options and prices. So, where do I go to see the paint colours and prices for a 340ix please?

I saw a video where a guy talks about some colours that were around £1,000 and some that were a lot more than that.

The reason I ask is that the 340ix has very limited paint colours to select from, probably to force you onto paying more for a decent colour?
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2020, 07:20 AM   #2
Rhino at Work
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G21 330i Portimao Blue

You can have a good old play with the individual colours here. https://visualizer.bmw-individual.co...-1&lang=EN#top

I think you'd then have to talk to a dealer about prices.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2020, 07:40 AM   #3
Burrcold
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2024 M3 Comp xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhino at Work View Post
You can have a good old play with the individual colours here. https://visualizer.bmw-individual.co...-1&lang=EN#top

I think you'd then have to talk to a dealer about prices.
That's pretty cool, I've never seen all the colour options
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2020, 01:23 AM   #4
JNW1
Major General
Rep
Drives: F56 Mini Cooper S

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashdm2 View Post
Guys, the online configurator does not show the individual paint options and prices. So, where do I go to see the paint colours and prices for a 340ix please?

I saw a video where a guy talks about some colours that were around £1,000 and some that were a lot more than that.

The reason I ask is that the 340ix has very limited paint colours to select from, probably to force you onto paying more for a decent colour?
I agree the colour choice for the M340i is mediocre but if you want an Individual colour that isn't listed on the configurator I was told the cost could as high as £4.5k. Even if there's some scope for negotiation on that it means the colour will probably still set you back a fair bit more than any of the option packs and, while some might think it's worth it, personally I don't! As has been said, though, you need to get a quote from a dealer to confirm the cost of the colour you're after.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2020, 03:04 PM   #5
nashdm2
Private
Rep
Drives: F11

Thanks for the replies guys, appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2020, 05:57 AM   #6
Seaford
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 840 M Sport Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashdm2 View Post

The dealer I use has a massive display of paint samples along with leathers, etc.

I assūme all main dealers are the same?
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2020, 10:56 AM   #7
Plates
Rep
Drives: Mini Cooper S

I’ve noticed if you go on the BMW website and choose the m sport plus edition it shows the 3 individual colours.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2020, 11:49 AM   #8
PeteN
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M340i Touring

I saw a 7 series yesterday in Bernina Grey. Very nice colour and I much preferred it to Dravit which I considered for my 3 series. Closer to Audi Nardo Grey which I've always liked. My car is due to be built next week so enquired with the dealer for paint cost for Bernina. I was told it isn't available for the 3 series. I was a bit surprised as it's a cost free colour on the 7, though they are very expensive to start.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2020, 12:03 PM   #9
OM3RTA
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 330i M Sport, Audi A3 2.0 TDI

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteN View Post
I saw a 7 series yesterday in Bernina Grey. Very nice colour and I much preferred it to Dravit which I considered for my 3 series. Closer to Audi Nardo Grey which I've always liked. My car is due to be built next week so enquired with the dealer for paint cost for Bernina. I was told it isn't available for the 3 series. I was a bit surprised as it's a cost free colour on the 7, though they are very expensive to start.
You'd need to go Full Individual to get it I'd imagine.
Appreciate 0