Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) General G20 Sedan / G22 Coupe / G26 Gran Coupe Discussions More G22 4 Series grille / front end seen in new video!

02-24-2020, 02:49 PM   #45
J-RO
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW M240ix

Quote:
Originally Posted by CachacoF80 View Post
If it fully slips it may catch the coronavirus...
Might already have it!
Appreciate 1
///M TOWN16066.50
      02-24-2020, 03:00 PM   #46
Transfer
Major General
Rep
Drives: Bronco Wildtrak, Tesla MYP

lol still terrible. This is a real lipstick on a pig situation.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2020, 03:15 PM   #47
lcs1956
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 1993 525i 344k miles

Even if I thought the grill looked good, bifurcating it with the license holder would ruin it. Just like the jarring interruption of the ill-conceived hood line.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2020, 03:22 PM   #48
Ghostriderf80
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Just a Porsche

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBingoBalls View Post
I think it's easier for Porsche to do what they do because they're not pressured and not exposed to the same criticisms that BMW, Mercedes and even Audi are exposed to. If the latter aren't constantly adapting/changing, buyers are willing to switch to something else. With Porsche, there is no real substitute - you want the quintessential sports car? Porsche is the one and only.

As for my earlier post, your post pretty much agrees with what I'm saying. No one complains about Porsche designs. I don't think I've ever heard any buyer say they think Porsche needs to switch it up a bit. Can't say the same about the other German brands. It's why Mercedes drastically overhauled their design, it's why BMW is starting to do the same and it's only a matter of time before Audi follows suit.
I agree to some extent. However at the price point of Porsche there are other super cars.

For performance alone it's hard to match porsche. For day to day friendliness and user friendly interface as navigation and connectivity Merc, BMW and Audi do it far better.

Porsche Navigation is horrible and the mind numbing radio, rather than my music each time i start the damn car. Why can't it just stay on default. Stuff like that is annoying.

Driving it is a whole different story.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2020, 03:24 PM   #49
pustinek
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2014 428i

When people say that everyone is against the new design. Just remember that most of the people like the 8 series. Everyone likes M8GC or M5 and there isnt much criticism against f32/f82. Ofcourse there is always someone complaining but this design is just a bit too much. Leaks have been true so far for couple of weeks and still hasnt grown on me one bit.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2020, 03:31 PM   #50
Teutonic
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
As for my earlier post, your post pretty much agrees with what I'm saying. No one complains about Porsche designs. I don't think I've ever heard any buyer say they think Porsche needs to switch it up a bit.
I know I am in minority but honestly that's why I do not like Porsche. Since 1950 nothing changed. Reiterations of the same design which is really really boring to me. Like, it lacks excitement.

Now, between a Porsche and the new BMW design I will happy take the Porsche; and I am not joking. This "open radiator" ugly design does not do it for me.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2020, 03:41 PM   #51
bmrm396
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3cs

funny, i did this quick sketch like a yr ago ... lookin pretty accurate as far as the "split" since is appears theyre leavin that bar across the grills to allow for license plate attachment.
Attached Images

02-24-2020, 04:04 PM   #52
Alan l.
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2020 F95 X5M Competition

Here's the official reveal!

02-24-2020, 04:11 PM   #53
TheBingoBalls
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostriderf80 View Post
Quote:
I think it's easier for Porsche to do what they do because they're not pressured and not exposed to the same criticisms that BMW, Mercedes and even Audi are exposed to. If the latter aren't constantly adapting/changing, buyers are willing to switch to something else. With Porsche, there is no real substitute - you want the quintessential sports car? Porsche is the one and only.

As for my earlier post, your post pretty much agrees with what I'm saying. No one complains about Porsche designs. I don't think I've ever heard any buyer say they think Porsche needs to switch it up a bit. Can't say the same about the other German brands. It's why Mercedes drastically overhauled their design, it's why BMW is starting to do the same and it's only a matter of time before Audi follows suit.
I agree to some extent. However at the price point of Porsche there are other super cars.

For performance alone it's hard to match porsche. For day to day friendliness and user friendly interface as navigation and connectivity Merc, BMW and Audi do it far better.

Porsche Navigation is horrible and the mind numbing radio, rather than my music each time i start the damn car. Why can't it just stay on default. Stuff like that is annoying.

Driving it is a whole different story.
And I think that's why Porsche is very predictable in what the sell. They're not in the business of really trying to win over BMW, Mercedes or Audi drivers nor are they really trying to complete with the elite super/hyper cars. Their mind set is "We are Porsche. We make this type of car, you either want it or you don't". But like Tracus , those who are opposed to non-existent change in design are very few and in between - the other German brands couldn't do the same without significant impact.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2020, 04:48 PM   #54
Tag
this is the way
Rep
Drives: N-1 starfighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbryce View Post
How long do you think before they admit their mistake and go back to a more conservative design?
Car manufactures spend tons of money on manufacturing. When it's this late in the stage of a car coming to market it's already too late. Best case there could be an updated front for the LCI model four years from now, worst case the next gen model redesign will be seven years from now. Either way this thing is set in stone. If you're lucky and that's a big if, the aftermarket might come out with a better looking front bumper. But, don't hold your breath.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2020, 04:49 PM   #55
ring0r
Private
Germany
Rep
Drives: G20 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by praxis218 View Post
Looks modern and has presence. Current BMWs just became outdated.

F3X models are already sucked out ... Everyone who writes over and over again how bad and ugly the new model is, you are probably the ones who want to talk their old model well otherwise I can't explain all the hate
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2020, 04:51 PM   #56
ring0r
Private
Germany
Rep
Drives: G20 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan l. View Post

Beyond good and evil ... Did a bird shit in your eyes?
Appreciate 1
      02-24-2020, 04:58 PM   #57
adeysworld
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 18' M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan l. View Post

Funny enough, I saw this car at a red light over the weekend and imagined how bad the new beemer would look. LOL

BMW has lost their identity in trying to fit in with current tacky car design trends. There will be nothing to set it apart visually from the Lexus' and Infinitis on the road.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2020, 04:59 PM   #58
Teufel_Hunden
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3 6MT LMB ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincechase View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufel_Hunden View Post
I agree. From what little we've seen so far, the grill is awful. Looks like an Alfa Giulia with two large grills instead of one.
right lol. I dont think they can do anything to make me like it after having a grill like that. I dont see hope
Sometimes it takes a while for things to grow on you, but with this, I just don't know. I guess we'll see when we can see the car fully displayed.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2020, 05:42 PM   #59
praxis218
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3 DCT

Quote:
Sometimes it takes a while for things to grow on you, but with this, I just don't know. I guess we'll see when we can see the car fully displayed.
I hope no one buys it, then the price gouging for new models can end sooner and I can justify buying it next year.
      02-24-2020, 05:49 PM   #60
SteveinArizona
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 530e

Quote:
Originally Posted by pustinek View Post
When people say that everyone is against the new design. Just remember that most of the people like the 8 series. Everyone likes M8GC or M5 and there isnt much criticism against f32/f82. Ofcourse there is always someone complaining but this design is just a bit too much. Leaks have been true so far for couple of weeks and still hasnt grown on me one bit.
Exactly my point. At the high end, BMW is showing some taste. But it seems to have abandoned it for something that would appeal to a juvenile delinquent. Good luck BMW...they don't have a lot of money.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2020, 06:09 PM   #61
InTheNightKitchen
Ignorance is Bliss?
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1 of Many

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveinArizona View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by pustinek View Post
Exactly my point. At the high end, BMW is showing some taste. But it seems to have abandoned it for something that would appeal to a juvenile delinquent. Good luck BMW...they don't have a lot of money.
A juvenile delinquent? Really? That's a bit dramatic!
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2020, 06:20 PM   #62
doug_999
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2011 1M/2021 992/2023 X3

Who let the designers watch the movie Predator?
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
emulajavi421.50
      02-24-2020, 07:08 PM   #63
Jockey
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 992 C4S

Just kill it with fire already
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2020, 07:57 PM   #64
JTO24
never could compete with Lloyd Braun
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 G80 M3 6MT

Some of you guys are acting like BMW slept with your wife with some of the reactions and wording I'm seeing here.. it's different and bold and not for everybody, but for 70-75% of you, the design will grow on you and a good amount of people will end up getting into one within the next 3 years. Best case scenario for the folks dug in on hating it, BMW will cave and redesign the front at LCI.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2020, 08:17 PM   #65
Teufel_Hunden
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3 6MT LMB ZCP

Quote:
Quote:
I hope no one buys it, then the price gouging for new models can end sooner and I can justify buying it next year.
Good plan
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2020, 08:28 PM   #66
bobloblaw
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: m3

Quote:
Looks modern and has presence. Current BMWs just became outdated.
I think you're right. This car will look modern because it is following a lot of the current design trends. Time will tell if it ages well or even looks good though... And for the record, I think the F30/32 looked dated the second they were unveiled.
Appreciate 0