Bimmerpost
&
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Local Forums UK Harman Kardon niggles

01-10-2021, 07:34 AM   #89
Beemer5to3
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G30 520d SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidoff86 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemer5to3 View Post
Well after another visit to the dealer, I was told eventually that they could identify the fault. The bad news is that it requires a new amplifier, but said amplifier isn't available yet and they can't tell me when I'll get one. That on top of various other issues I've had with the car means I'm now going down the rejection route. Shame really, as the G20 is a cracking car when all is working well. It's full of bugs though, and as a very loyal BM owner I have to say this will be my last in a while.
While BMW UK look at my case, I'm considering my options (and none of them have a blue and white roundel on the front).

Will keep everyone updated as to what happens.
That's not true, they can order it. It's 1100 quid for the dealer ( non refundable) and it takes 5 days from Germany.

Ring the parts department your self and find out availability.
Part number is 65 12 5 A38 AB8
Thanks for this.

Apparently it's a new part, as in a completely new amp they're using now because of faults with the old one, and it's not available in stock yet.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2021, 07:47 AM   #90
davidoff86
Major
Rep
Drives: M40i

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Well after another visit to the dealer, I was told eventually that they could identify the fault. The bad news is that it requires a new amplifier, but said amplifier isn't available yet and they can't tell me when I'll get one. That on top of various other issues I've had with the car means I'm now going down the rejection route. Shame really, as the G20 is a cracking car when all is working well. It's full of bugs though, and as a very loyal BM owner I have to say this will be my last in a while.
While BMW UK look at my case, I'm considering my options (and none of them have a blue and white roundel on the front).

That's not true, they can order it. It's 1100 quid for the dealer ( non refundable) and it takes 5 days from Germany.

Thanks for this.

Apparently it's a new part, as in a completely new amp they're using now because of faults with the old one, and it's not available in stock yet.
Yes, the part number I provided is the new replacement, that's been available since the start of December. People are having it installed and fixing this issues:

See this post :

https://g20.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...8;postcount=12
Appreciate 1
      01-10-2021, 08:00 AM   #91
Beemer5to3
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks for this.

Yes, the part number I provided is the new replacement, that's been available since the start of December. People are having it installed and fixing this issues:

See this post :

https://g20.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...8;postcount=12
Thanks so much for this - really helpful. I'll get a note across to BMW UK tomorrow. Cheers
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2021, 08:21 AM   #92
Jackrack
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 330e

Quote:
Thanks so much for this - really helpful. I'll get a note across to BMW UK tomorrow. Cheers
Have a read back of a few pages too, BMW replaced my amp and fixed all the issues above.

Cheers
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2021, 12:23 PM   #93
Beemer5to3
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackrack View Post
Quote:
Have a read back of a few pages too, BMW replaced my amp and fixed all the issues above.

Cheers
Yeah I saw that - thanks. They've acknowledged there's a fault and needs a replacement amp, but the dealer said it wasn't available to order and couldn't tell me when it could be fixed.

It's in the hands of BMW UK now anyway, so I'm just waiting to hear back now.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2021, 03:37 AM   #94
Jackrack
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 330e

Quote:
Yeah I saw that - thanks. They've acknowledged there's a fault and needs a replacement amp, but the dealer said it wasn't available to order and couldn't tell me when it could be fixed.

It's in the hands of BMW UK now anyway, so I'm just waiting to hear back now.
I guess some dealers have some in stock waiting, others need to order in. What a pain.

Third world problems, we all know but annoying nonetheless!

Good luck
Appreciate 1
      01-22-2021, 07:51 AM   #95
Beemer5to3
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Update as of today:

I've got my car back following the replacement of the Amp - so far so good! Will be giving it a few days to make sure all ok, but it definitely seems to sound a bit better than it did, so hopefully that's the problem solved (fingers crossed!)
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2021, 09:45 AM   #96
johnboysafc
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW G20 330e MSport Xdrive

Garage List
Quote:
Update as of today:

I've got my car back following the replacement of the Amp - so far so good! Will be giving it a few days to make sure all ok, but it definitely seems to sound a bit better than it did, so hopefully that's the problem solved (fingers crossed!)
Yeah hope it's done the trick
      01-22-2021, 10:01 AM   #97
davidoff86
Major
Rep

Quote:
Update as of today:

Excellent, of course i'm still waiting for the same part to arrive at my dealers. It was in stock, but then out of stock when they went to order it!

next week apparently
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2021, 12:46 PM   #98
Beemer5to3
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Update as of today:

Excellent, of course i'm still waiting for the same part to arrive at my dealers. It was in stock, but then out of stock when they went to order it!

next week apparently
Hope you manage to get it sorted soon. I think it's now becoming a more well-known fault, so I'm willing to bet there's a lot of people like us who've had to live with it for a few months until BMW Technical played catch up, and therefore a waiting list for the part!
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2021, 01:01 PM   #99
davidoff86
Major
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Update as of today:

next week apparently
Hope you manage to get it sorted soon. I think it's now becoming a more well-known fault, so I'm willing to bet there's a lot of people like us who've had to live with it for a few months until BMW Technical played catch up, and therefore a waiting list for the part!
They were meant to have ordered it before I posted the puma case stuff for you, but they didn't get ruound to it lol !
Appreciate 0