Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Local Forums UK 330e - Recall Warning ⚠️

11-13-2020, 09:45 AM   #45
Taylor66
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 330e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madmcs View Post
Hi

I still have the recall message on BMW app for my 330e, but according to the original message the setting is in the following place:

Within Settings, locate Drive Mode menu, select Battery Control, Adjust the battery control [to 30%].

I seem to remember if you press the battery control button next to the gear lever, you can also access the battery control config option from the screen that appears for that mode.

Hope this helps.
Yup that worked, Thanks
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2020, 09:22 AM   #46
Blue Flash
Rep

Recall Fix

I am still getting the cold shoulder from my dealer on when a fix will be in place to roll out to the dealers.

Has anybody else had anything positive from their dealers.

Read the earlier post of how Ford have put their plan out for replacing the batteries in the Kuga made by the same manufacturer.

BMW seem to be dragging their heels and is now getting annoying having not being able to get the benefit of the hybrid car I purchased.
Appreciate 1
      11-18-2020, 12:05 PM   #47
Kietl
Registered
Rep
Drives: 330e

2021 330e with battery recall

Can I just bring my car back to the dealer to exchange for another car? My car was only weeks old
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2020, 06:18 AM   #48
draggeur
Rep

Went to the dealer to complain in person today. Got nothing back. Wouldn't even agree to hotshot the car once a solution is available. Their minimum wait for an appointment is 4 weeks. So, I'm looking at another month on top of whatever time BMW take to develop a solution.
F'n frustrated.
Is their any action we can take to escalate this w BMW?
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2020, 07:55 AM   #49
thomashunt1
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 330e Msport (ordered)

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by draggeur View Post
Went to the dealer to complain in person today. Got nothing back. Wouldn't even agree to hotshot the car once a solution is available. Their minimum wait for an appointment is 4 weeks. So, I'm looking at another month on top of whatever time BMW take to develop a solution.
F'n frustrated.
Is their any action we can take to escalate this w BMW?
Sounds like this is a bigger problem than first thought. surely BMW need to offer some compensation for this!
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2020, 12:43 PM   #50
RAFAREd83
Registered
Rep

Msg to all. Quick fix... Phone BMW UK HQ tell them you cant drive your car as you purchased it. Lodge an official complaint basis you are using more fuel consumption than planned, they will compensate you 350GBP - 500 to offset fuel costs.

The local dealers are pretty useless, My car is actually a company lease car, I booked it in explaining the problem and with no solution they just fobbed me off with a new cable " we dont know when a solution available" and equally had great pleasure saying as it's not my car they dont see I'll get a refund/ compensation.

BMW HQ were happy to refund to the lease company and also the lease company passed this 350GBP onto me.

.. and by the way 350GBP doesnt go very far so if it's not fixed just after xmas I'll be complaining again.

Good luck all
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2020, 05:22 PM   #51
Blue Flash
Rep

Update

I received an update message on my display tonight. Words along the line of:

BMW will shortly be introducing a service programme to allow you to charge your batteries. Sometime within December you will receive an invitation to contact your dealer to make an appoint for the work to be done. They will need approx. 2 weeks to complete the work.

Could be the 1st or 31st your invitation arrives and then a few weeks to get an appointment and then 2 weeks to fix. Which means its unlikley to be completed before the new year.

No mention of compensation, its as if they are doing you a favour.
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2020, 05:16 AM   #52
draggeur
Rep

Yup, I got the same message on the idrive: that a solution has been developed and I'll be contacted. Let's see how long it takes to be contacted, then to schedule a booking,then for the correct parts to be in stock....

Good tip on asking for compensation, thanks for that.

I have to say though I am surprised by how much I miss driving on electrical mode. ICE days are truly numbered!
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2020, 06:21 AM   #53
Jim_330e
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2020 330e M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by draggeur View Post
Yup, I got the same message on the idrive: that a solution has been developed and I'll be contacted. Let's see how long it takes to be contacted, then to schedule a booking,then for the correct parts to be in stock....

Good tip on asking for compensation, thanks for that.

I have to say though I am surprised by how much I miss driving on electrical mode. ICE days are truly numbered!
Yes same here, I'm missing driving on electric.

I think the payment of £350 is per month so you should look into it...

Gone: '18 Golf GTI Performance DSG in Tungsten
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2020, 01:37 AM   #54
Fairway2heaven1984
Rep

I've also had the message and contacted hq.

Eventually got an offer of £300/month, backdated to 9th October when the message first came on.

Not counting my chickens yet, awaiting a call from the dealership to arrange payment, but my car is also a lease vehicle so hoping it can just be paid direct to me rather than getting them involved.
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2020, 03:43 AM   #55
joaopedro1520
Rep

My car was collected at home by the dealer last week and this week i checked on the app and it's on the way to some location
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2020, 11:44 AM   #56
Fairway2heaven1984
Rep

Did they contact you?

Also, have they provided a courtesy car?
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2020, 12:01 PM   #57
joaopedro1520
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairway2heaven1984 View Post
Did they contact you?

Also, have they provided a courtesy car?
Yeah they called me on 16/11 to ask if they can collect car same day, they gave me a rental 320d, then the next day they did a reservation for the procedure and yesterday the car was collected from the dealer and arrived at a huge parking lot where they have been touching it all day( from what i can see in the app)
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2020, 02:42 PM   #58
Jim_330e
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:

Eventually got an offer of £300/month, backdated to 9th October when the message first came on.

Not counting my chickens yet, awaiting a call from the dealership to arrange payment, but my car is also a lease vehicle so hoping it can just be paid direct to me rather than getting them involved.
If it's a lease car, think you may struggle to get the payment directly as my lease company is saying the supplying dealer will only pay the company named on the lease, not the driver. Bit of a pain to be honest.

Appreciate 0
      11-28-2020, 06:15 AM   #59
joaopedro1520
Rep

mine started the test this morning. This week the car was transported from the dealer to a transport cargo hub where they did some kind of preparations and this morning it was transported to a ship yard where they are performing the test
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2020, 07:22 AM   #60
Fairway2heaven1984
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim_330e View Post
Quote:

If it's a lease car, think you may struggle to get the payment directly as my lease company is saying the supplying dealer will only pay the company named on the lease, not the driver. Bit of a pain to be honest.
I have had my first payment paid direct to me last week.

Maybe a bit lucky, don't know. The lease company hasn't been affected and they aren't reducing my payments, so don't see why they need to be involved.

Still waiting to hear on a fix. Total joke to be honest, it's likely to be three months where I can't use the car as intended. :
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2020, 09:00 AM   #61
joaopedro1520
Rep

My car finished the test yesterday. Now it’s still sitting on the ship yard waiting for transport. I opened the app a lot to see what was happening and they did a lot of cycles some of them overcharging the car to around 59km.
What range did you guys usually have after a charge? Mine was around 30-32km
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2020, 08:27 AM   #62
Curfish
Rep
Drives: 330E

Booked

Got a message on the app today to get booked in to have the recall on the high capacity battery sorted,

booked in for 18th January and they need to car for 6 days.

I was offered £250 a month for the issue but as its a lease vehicle i dont think ill see it.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2020, 08:31 AM   #63
Madmcs
Rep
Drives: G20 330e M-Sport Plus Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curfish View Post
Got a message on the app today to get booked in to have the recall on the high capacity battery sorted,

booked in for 18th January and they need to car for 6 days.

I was offered £250 a month for the issue but as its a lease vehicle i dont think ill see it.
Hi Curfish, is your car going to the dealers first? I got the message today too and have booked the car going to the dealership for the initial inspection on Tuesday. The App message then says they will tell us if the car needs to go away for up to three weeks for further tests.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2020, 03:07 PM   #64
Blue Flash
Rep

Hi I got same message, contacted dealer and they said the initial checks they do it download data and if you have had under 51 charge cycles it will go to the hub for full testing otherwise its clear to use as normal.
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2020, 06:21 AM   #65
Jim_330e
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Contacted my local dealer, Sytner Sheffield to book in. No-one knows about the service solution and tells me nothing available yet. Says will get service manager to me. So I contact BMW UK, they say all dealers should be aware of the update and speak to Sytner whilst I hold. Now got to wait another week for Sytner to get in touch as and when they know what they are doing regarding where the car needs to go, courtesy car etc. Over 2 months of not being able to use the car as intended.

Last edited by Jim_330e; 12-15-2020 at 01:48 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2020, 08:31 AM   #66
ADIUK
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 xDrive30e M Sport 2020

Garage List
Unbelievable!!
My local dealer too (who messed me about because they cancelled an appointment via a wrong email address and when I turned up were not that apologetic)