Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum Puddle lights missing on LCI.. What else?

View Poll Results: 2023 with puddle lights?
yes 7 33.33%
no 14 66.67%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

10-31-2022, 03:32 PM   #23
luisp16
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 M340i xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay237 View Post
I ordered the car with the premium package and had seen a 2022 with the same package have side bolsters.
My LCI has side bolsters
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2022, 06:59 PM   #24
IndotagSwizz
Major
Rep
Drives: F30 320i

No puddle lights on my LCI, also no cubby under light switch…miss the cubby more than the puddle lights lol but still not really a big deal
      10-31-2022, 07:04 PM   #25
tifa3
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW M440i GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndotagSwizz View Post
No puddle lights on my LCI, also no cubby under light switch…miss the cubby more than the puddle lights lol but still not really a big deal
what are the cubby lights?
Appreciate 1
      10-31-2022, 07:08 PM   #26
IndotagSwizz
Major
Rep
Drives: F30 320i

Quote:
Originally Posted by tifa3 View Post
Quote:
what are the cubby lights?
Not "cubby lights" , cubby under light switch, small compartment that opens up for small storage coming out of dash to the left of the steering wheel under the light switch controls
      10-31-2022, 07:54 PM   #27
mondayze
Captain
Rep
Drives: G20 M340xi LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpdc16 View Post
My LCI has side bolsters
I think all Mexico LCI’s are missing side bolster for passenger seats. Mine is.
Appreciate 1
TheMaxXHD641.00
      10-31-2022, 08:19 PM   #28
TheMaxXHD
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 G20 LCI M340i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by mondayze View Post
Things missing from Mexico (USA market) builds (as of now)
- Power tailgate
- Passenger Lumbar
- Passenger Side bolstering

Looks like puddle lights may now potentially be added to the list, but some have it, so is interesting, depends if that was just one or two runs or the norm going forward.

Hands-free tailgate “kick” operation was deleted (with a credit on build sheets) initially back in July but has since been added back in to builds since around August/September builds (was on my build sheet as a credit, is now gone, appears like a few newer arrivals have had it)

Driver side bolstering may be deleted potentially IF you only get sensatec seats, but I am not sure if this is true. Someone with an LCI sensatec would need to confirm.

Also interesting to note that the US configurator now technically lists lumbar support for front seats (implying passenger too) as standard (and I think width/bolster adjustment as well for both). It has listed this since around early September, but no indication thus far that is actually true even with builds like mine that finished 2 weeks ago (according to VIN) or anyone that has thus far received their vehicle.
Appreciate 1
      10-31-2022, 11:06 PM   #29
Sandpiper
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mondayze View Post
Sensatec does not get side bolsters. You have to get leather seats to get the side bolsters.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2022, 11:08 PM   #30
Sandpiper
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Damn straight! I also prefer the cubby hole. It's a "hidden in plain site" compartment that is very useful. I use it to put coins, in case I run into a toll booth.
Appreciate 1
      11-01-2022, 07:26 AM   #31
TheJerseyDon
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E30M3,GTI,718GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMaxXHD View Post
- Power tailgate
- Passenger Lumbar

Looks like puddle lights may now potentially be added to the list, but some have it, so is interesting, depends if that was just one or two runs or the norm going forward.

Hands-free tailgate “kick” operation was deleted (with a credit on build sheets) initially back in July but has since been added back in to builds since around August/September builds (was on my build sheet as a credit, is now gone, appears like a few newer arrivals have had it)

Driver side bolstering may be deleted potentially IF you only get sensatec seats, but I am not sure if this is true. Someone with an LCI sensatec would need to confirm.

Also interesting to note that the US configurator now technically lists lumbar support for front seats (implying passenger too) as standard (and I think width/bolster adjustment as well for both). It has listed this since around early September, but no indication thus far that is actually true even with builds like mine that finished 2 weeks ago (according to VIN) or anyone that has thus far received their vehicle.
Power tailgate is no longer an option in the US during this whole puddle light investigation that was confirmed by BMWNA. You can try to build one yourself no longer part of premium package. Only the M3 still show this option. I think the confirmed puddle light persons are confused with what are puddles. We believe no one has them but BMW NA will be getting back to me by friday.

Quote:
Not "cubby lights" , cubby under light switch, small compartment that opens up for small storage coming out of dash to the left of the steering wheel under the light switch controls
WTH more and more stuff missing. I didnt even notice this one. is it just a bulb missing. Will need to look into this one too.
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2022, 07:27 AM   #32
SoCalJon
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW330e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandpiper View Post
Sensatec does not get side bolsters. You have to get leather seats to get the side bolsters.
I don't mean to be pedantic, I just want to understand.

Y'all mean "power bolsters" or "adjustable bolsters," when you say your cars don't have side bolsters, right?

I mean... the sport seats all have side bolsters. It's just that some have a power adjustable feature, and y'all are talking about that specific feature.

Right?
Appreciate 1
mondayze495.00
      11-01-2022, 08:03 AM   #33
LPTyler
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalJon View Post
I don't mean to be pedantic, I just want to understand.

Y'all mean "power bolsters" or "adjustable bolsters," when you say your cars don't have side bolsters, right?

I mean... the sport seats all have side bolsters. It's just that some have a power adjustable feature, and y'all are talking about that specific feature.

Right?
That is correct. Mine has power adjustments on the drivers side, no adjustment on the passenger side.
Appreciate 1
mondayze495.00
      11-01-2022, 08:06 AM   #34
TheJerseyDon
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Confirmed no bolster support on sensatec.
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2022, 08:08 AM   #35
LPTyler
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I agree, my last car had a smal cubby there, it was a really handy place to put a microfiber cloth to clean up smudges and spills.

Also no sunglasses compartment is kind of dissatisfying. Even my 2004 gmc truck has that.
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2022, 08:22 AM   #36
Spacefish
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2023 M340i xdrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMaxXHD View Post
- Power tailgate
- Passenger Lumbar

I ordered mid-September, adjusted build first week of October, and my build sheet specifically says Lumbar support driver. No mention of power tailgate delete or anything similar, but it also doesnt say it has power tailgate. Merely says "comfort access keyless entry".
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2022, 08:41 AM   #37
wspalding
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2023 M340i

Garage List
2018 M240i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJerseyDon View Post
Confirmed no bolster support on sensatec.
My biggest BMW complaint is that for a car competing in the luxury space they commonly remove features that were available or even standard in previous model years. Heated rear seats, for example.
Appreciate 2
      11-01-2022, 08:47 AM   #38
TheJerseyDon
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by wspalding View Post
My biggest BMW complaint is that for a car competing in the luxury space they commonly remove features that were available or even standard in previous model years. Heated rear seats, for example.
I'm sorry to say this but the 2023 Audi S5 which was $2k more had all features available and standard leather. It also came with massage seats for both driver and passenger and laser headlights. The drive was a plus for the BMW but I'm not sure I'm liking my choice right now...
Appreciate 3
      11-01-2022, 08:59 AM   #39
wspalding
Private First Class
Rep

Garage List
2018 M240i  [0.00]
Quote:
I'm sorry to say this but the 2023 Audi S5 which was $2k more had all features available and standard leather. It also came with massage seats for both driver and passenger and laser headlights. The drive was a plus for the BMW but I'm not sure I'm liking my choice right now...
I don’t like the front wheel bias of the Audi, but I understand your regrets.
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2022, 09:28 AM   #40
TheMaxXHD
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 G20 LCI M340i xDrive

Quote:
This has always been the case with Audi vs BMW. Audi always offered a slightly more upscale interior/features for the same price, or the same as BMW for slightly less. The only difference is before with BMW, you could atleast pay to get some of those more upscale features, it was just gonna cost ya more than the Audi equivalent.

Now, BMW just straight up doesn't allow the purchase of things like power tailgate and lumbar support for passenger. I think that is ridiculous, but it is what it is. Heck you have to purchase certain models to get DAPP and PAP, among other things.

That said, neither Audi's or BMW's are generally bad cars, they are just built for slightly different people. I am accustomed to BMW's rear wheel biased xDrive models, and going to a front wheel drive biased Audi would've been completely unacceptable to me. Also Audi's B9 platform is starting to show its age technologically imo compared to the latest from BMW, Mercedes, and many other car brands. That said, Audi clearly has the win over BMW as far as standard and optional comfort features (that aren't technology related, other than the speakers) in their cars (and often at a better value).
Appreciate 2
      11-01-2022, 10:07 AM   #41
LPTyler
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I’m a little disappointed in the lack of industry standard options, but I still prefer the BMW to the Audi. The drive and looks are better (to me) and It’s still the best car I have ever had by a long ways.
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2022, 11:44 AM   #42
TheJerseyDon
Lieutenant
Rep

All great opinions and I respect them all for sure. I'm going only on options. I mean I did end up in the BMW

Update reg mgr. has also created a case and will look into retrofit if possible. I'm still going to pull the door cards and check on wiring. If so should be straight forward. I was told not to cut into the door until case is settled though.

Anyone with the puddle light if you can please send me the exact cut dimensions that would greatly appreciated.
Appreciate 2
      11-01-2022, 11:53 AM   #43
wspalding
Private First Class
Rep

Garage List
2018 M240i  [0.00]
Quote:
All great opinions and I respect them all for sure. I'm going only on options. I mean I did end up in the BMW

Update reg mgr. has also created a case and will look into retrofit if possible. I'm still going to pull the door cards and check on wiring. If so should be straight forward. I was told not to cut into the door until case is settled though.

Anyone with the puddle light if you can please send me the exact cut dimensions that would greatly appreciated.
👍🏻 You are the point of the spear! Hope you hear that BMW has a retrofit solution. I watched a recently made review of the LCI and when they opened the door, no puddle lights.
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2022, 07:45 PM   #44
mondayze
Captain
Rep
Drives: G20 M340xi LCI

Quote:
I have leather…
Appreciate 0