Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Technical Topics Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior & interior) Post your splitter pic!_G26 M440i Gran Coupe Front Splitter

02-21-2023, 09:30 PM   #1
acudaf82
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X3, 2023 BMW M440i

Post your splitter pic!_G26 M440i Gran Coupe Front Splitter

Hello fellow BMW mavens - Please post pics of your front splitter!! I know most of the rides seem to be 340 in this forum, but looking to see any and all splitters! I was hoping I could some feedback on front splitters for my M440i Gran Coupe from this group. I
am considering:
1. MPerformance splitter
2. RW Carbon
3. 3D Design
as well as others - the pics are some of the ones I am considering. The pics of the splitter not on a car is from RW Carbon a new DTM design that they just came out with - I am one of the first to see it and I will say I really like this design - its aggressive, but will probably look great on my Mineral White Metallic G26. I do like the M perf. one....its just sooooo pricey! I would rather spend that kind of cash on a Mperf exhaust.
Do any of you have a splitter on your car? what are your thoughts?
what do you think works best with the 4 series design and is also functional?
looking forward to hearing some feedback!!
vic
Attached Images

Last edited by acudaf82; 03-07-2023 at 09:11 PM.. Reason: added pictures / change title
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2023, 10:43 PM   #2
acudaf82
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X3, 2023 BMW M440i

G26 Splitter pic

Here is the pic of the splitter I put on my ride. It is a RW Carbon DTM design.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-29-2023, 11:48 PM   #3
peelerec
Major
Rep
Drives: 2022 M340i Mineral Grey

Garage List
2022 BMW M340i  [0.00]
I’ve had AA Concepts Signature Lip and RW Carbon EC Style.
Not sure if these are technically considered splitters more so than just simply front lips. Real splitters are actual huge downforce pieces.
Attached Images

03-31-2023, 05:18 PM   #4
JABCAT
Professor
Rep
Drives: '23 M2 & '22 X3 M Competition

I have a G20, but I'll say this, whatever splitter you get have it wrapped with Xpel or another ppf. I've gone through 3 aftermarket front splitters on my 330e in the last 8 months. Two were hit with tire tread on the highway and one was damaged by Xpel when they were wrapping it (poor quality paint lifted with the film).

I've since ordered the BMW MPerformance splitter and will have it wrapped this week, then I'll install it. The paint quality on BMW OEM parts is excellent & I don't have to worry about it being damaged by the Xpel. The MPerformance splitter (at least on my car) is lower profile so it shouldn't be as susceptible to damage as the aftermarket one I have.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2023, 12:18 PM   #5
peelerec
Major
Rep
Drives: 2022 M340i Mineral Grey

Garage List
2022 BMW M340i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JABCAT View Post
I have a G20, but I'll say this, whatever splitter you get have it wrapped with Xpel or another ppf. I've gone through 3 aftermarket front splitters on my 330e in the last 8 months. Two were hit with tire tread on the highway and one was damaged by Xpel when they were wrapping it (poor quality paint lifted with the film).

I've since ordered the BMW MPerformance splitter and will have it wrapped this week, then I'll install it. The paint quality on BMW OEM parts is excellent & I don't have to worry about it being damaged by the Xpel. The MPerformance splitter (at least on my car) is lower profile so it shouldn't be as susceptible to damage as the aftermarket one I have.
Totally agree with you on the PPF to lips. The only thing I would argue for sake of, is that front lips are arguably disposable pieces. If you daily drive or track your vehicle, more likely than not the front lip will be destryoyed within a short period of time from debris on highways, track, or just assholes throwing shit on the street.
      04-03-2023, 03:20 PM   #6
F97_Rico
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3MC

Are any of you installing anything else in addition to the provided screws and 3m double sided tape? I've had two different front lips on my G20 that buckled at "highway" speeds. Didn't install them myself as I had my car at the shop both times for other things and figured they could do a better job with installation than I could...
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2023, 08:23 PM   #7
Vegas430iGranCoupe
BrooklynGrey
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2023 430i GC, 2021 BMW X3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by JABCAT View Post

Post a pic of splitter when you get it... Part#?
Appreciate 0