Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Technical Topics iDrive, Nav, Phone, Audio, Video, Cameras, Electronics Trouble connecting iPhone 8 to 4400NEX via Wireless CarPlay

12-03-2020, 03:33 AM   #1
Ohhenry97
Registered
Rep
Drives: Hyundai

Trouble connecting iPhone 8 to 4400NEX via Wireless CarPlay

Since iOS 13 was released, my iPhone 8 doesn’t connect to my 4400NEX consistently. Once they do connect, they stay connected pretty good. But just an automatic connection where the two connect automatically without me having to do anything almost never happens any more. Even though it worked fine on iOS 12, before I upgraded to iOS 13. iphone ringtone

I have gone into the 4400NEX settings and cleared Bluetooth memory several times. And every time I do I go into the settings on my iPhone and in Bluetooth, forget the 4400NEX device, in WiFi forget the 4400NEX networks, and in CarPlay for the 4400NEX too. I have tried many different combinations of doing those things. And then I re-pair the two by holding down the voice button on my steering wheel and following the prompts on the radio and the phone. Sometimes I’ve gotten them to connect for a day or two smoothly before it goes back to being glitchy.

Is anyone else having trouble with the 4400NEX and Wireless CarPlay?

I called Apple, and they blamed Pioneer.
ringtones free download: https://phoneringtones.info/
A guy from Pioneer was emailing me back and forth. But there was really nothing I haven’t tried. Pioneer has a few days ago now, on the 25th released a firmware update for the 4400NEX. But there’s nothing in the release notes about it having anything to do with CarPlay.

Last edited by Ohhenry97; 05-17-2021 at 01:40 AM..
Appreciate 0