Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Health, Fitness, Martial Arts, and Nutrition Anyone into ebikes/electric bicycles?

Closed Thread

10-13-2020, 09:53 AM   #1
KennyFSU
Captain
Rep
Drives: Lexus RC F

Garage List
Anyone into ebikes/electric bicycles?

My gf and I have been exploring local parks and trails (just casual biking and scenery not really hardcore health nuts) and have really been enjoying them on our new ebikes (Swagtron EB5 Pro+). It can pedal like a normal bicycle, has pedal assist mode, or full electric (15 mph top speed and 15 mile range).

My favorite feature is that they can fold and fit inside the car; I hated using trunk-mounted bike racks in the past.

The one in the middle is just a parking lot toy lol.

Appreciate 2
overcoil3068.50
      10-13-2020, 01:46 PM   #2
JasonDot
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M4, X3 and 330e

That's a cool collection! What is the one in the middle!? Do the Swagtrons have a removable battery?

My girlfriend and I have two electric bikes as well, also fitting both in the i3 without racks!
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
KennyFSU1102.50
      10-13-2020, 05:23 PM   #3
KennyFSU
Captain
Rep
Drives: Lexus RC F

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonDot View Post
That's a cool collection! What is the one in the middle!? Do the Swagtrons have a removable battery?

My girlfriend and I have two electric bikes as well, also fitting both in the i3 without racks!
Thanks! The middle one is the Hover-1 XLS, a very futuristic-looking scooter but it's actually a pretty serious machine (250w, 20 mph and 15 mile range, lights, blinkers/brake light, disc brakes, key ignition, etc).

Yeah these Swagtrons do have a removable battery, a new feature on the Pro version.

That Sondors is very nice, I was looking them up, they look fantastic (love the fat tire bikes).

How far do you guys ride usually?
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2020, 04:46 PM   #4
JasonDot
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M4, X3 and 330e

The Hover-1 seems to have a lot cool features with a small footprint, surprising!

That's great it has a removable battery, good for charging flexibility and battery replacing for the future.

We usually ride to the beach and back, I'd guess we do about 20 minutes on our average adventure.

Electric bikes are on a progressive track technology-wise. Prices are hovering in the same place as the features increase. Last month I read about an all wheel drive bike with 1500watts. That thing would fly...
Appreciate 1
KennyFSU1102.50
Closed Thread