Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Technical Topics Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior & interior) steering wheel - oem or after market? which seller?

02-29-2024, 10:27 PM   #1
eagerbimmer
Rep
Drives: Leyland Cars Mini 1000 Mark IV

steering wheel - oem or after market? which seller?

i had wanted to get a g80 oem steering when i saw other beautiful custom carbon fiber steering wheels so now im torn.

oem is a little less exciting but safe. fitment shouldnt be an issue. but what about custom steering wheel? what brands should i look for? any fitment issues when putting on my bmw airbags and stuff??

i came across some merchants like azaautowheel and westcoasteuros but the prices are all over. anyone has any experiences buying from them?
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2024, 07:09 AM   #2
BLK.G20
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 M340 Xdrive, 2023 M3CX

90% of CF wheels are from China. Cheapest option is buying right from the supplier on Aliexpress or Alibaba.
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2024, 07:59 AM   #3
1QuikWS6
No 55mph
Rep
Drives: F32 435ix MSport

Garage List
I have had (3) custom wheels done by AZA Autowheel & extremely happy with the quality

(1) for my old 328, their LED display version for my 435, & (1) for my 2000 Trans Am

I didn't use CF in any of my configurations though

They aren't cheap & since they are located in Ukraine & are extremely busy, the time to get a wheel from order is not quick. So if that's an issue & you're in a hurry then don't order from them...

Since all these custom wheel vendors use an original OEM steering wheel core the fitment is perfect & no issues.

Some vendors charge a CORE charge if you don't return your old wheel to them, but AZA does not mess with that & only supplies the core themselves, which drives the price up somewhat - but I prefer it that way
F32 435ix//MGM//M Sport-Prem-Tech-Driver Assist-Lighting-Cold Weather-Dyn Handling Pkgs//M4 Black Lthr Int w/M4 Alum Blade Trim//HK w/Bavsound Stg3//763M//M4 Euro LCI Tails//M4 Mirrors w/CF Covers//AWCarbon CF F/R Spoilers-Side Splitters-Diffuser 6WB/ID6 HU+HUD/IND M4 Alcantara Armrest//PURE S2 Turbo//AA FMIC+DP//ER CP+TIC//3.5bar TMAP/TS DV//AWE Tuning Exh w/Blk Tips//Turner MS CF Intake//BM3 Cary Jordan Tune//MPerf Diff//PrecRW Ignition Kit
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2024, 11:14 AM   #4
Ruebarb
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW G42 M240i

I had a great experience with a company that is MFG on ebay, not a 3rd party. They have alot of CF options. I was also able to get it heated.

Ebay Steering Wheel - I had alot of communication with the seller, they were excellent. You can basically customize it to what you want. They had me use this link to purchase as it was heated and this was the price. I would contact the seller anyway to ensure it goes smoothly. I informed them the G42 was the same as the G20.

More info here https://g87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...1949192&page=3

Appreciate 1
helmet91297.50