Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Local Forums UK Ventilation programming

03-30-2020, 10:37 AM   #1
Seaford
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 840 M Sport Gran Coupe

Ventilation programming

While I appreciate this can be done via Connected, has anyone discovered how to programme the ventilation to come on at a set time iemprogramming in the car.

The reason I ask is that in my f34 I could,programme two separate times which I found really useful- Connected only allows one.
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2020, 02:22 PM   #2
Jabba1980
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: G21 330i

Yep, this can be done via iDrive

1. "My Vehicle"
2. "Vehicle settings"
3. If applicable, "Climate comfort"
4. "Auxiliary ventilation" or "Auxiliary heating/ ventilation"
5. Select the required departure time.
6. Set the departure time.
7. Select the day of the week if necessary.
Appreciate 1
Seaford1124.00
      04-04-2020, 10:35 PM   #3
spidermack
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M4 Comp Pack San Marino Blue

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andybird View Post
While I appreciate this can be done via Connected, has anyone discovered how to programme the ventilation to come on at a set time iemprogramming in the car.

The reason I ask is that in my f34 I could,programme two separate times which I found really useful- Connected only allows one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andybird View Post

Hi as per Jabba1980 post. You can pre program a time however it's not possible to heat or for air con to work. All that happens is that it blows / circulates air.
One would think reading the menu on the idrive it was possible to pre heat the car. Sadly the software option for us UK owners is miss leading. It was the same on my 640d & my 635d & current M4. I spoke to my dealer & extra hardware is needed. It's not an option that can be fitted to a RH drive UK car. You can however circulate air however not air that has been cooled by the aircon system or heated.
More info here

I'm guessing that it's not the engine which heats the system when you select it but a separate heater

There's a similar post here https://x3.xbimmers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1348214

bit more info here

https://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/...6&t=634121

I think your dealer would be able to advise.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2020, 05:07 AM   #4
Seaford
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 840 M Sport Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidermack View Post
Hi as per Jabba1980 post. You can pre program a time however it's not possible to heat or for air con to work. All that happens is that it blows / circulates air.
One would think reading the menu on the idrive it was possible to pre heat the car. Sadly the software option for us UK owners is miss leading. It was the same on my 640d & my 635d & current M4. I spoke to my dealer & extra hardware is needed. It's not an option that can be fitted to a RH drive UK car. You can however circulate air however not air that has been cooled by the aircon system or heated.
More info here

I'm guessing that it's not the engine which heats the system when you select it but a separate heater

There's a similar post here https://x3.xbimmers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1348214

bit more info here

https://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/...&f=26&t=634121

I think your dealer would be able to advise.
Hi, yes aware all it does it blow air in from outside...while not brilliant it is better than nothing on a hot day, especially if the sunroof is left open on the 'tilt' setting.

I am going to,digress now........did you know the sunroof closes automatically when it rains when the ignition is off. A pretty cool,feature....but not sure I am brave enough to test it!!
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2020, 04:11 AM   #5
danorman777
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M340i Touring

Please try Andybird! Use a hose/watering can on the front windscreen rain sensor to test?
Appreciate 1
Seaford1124.00
      04-06-2020, 08:16 AM   #6
themnmd
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 23 X5MC

Garage List
Surprising how many people don't read the owners manual
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2020, 08:26 AM   #7