Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum Order number / VIN number UK

03-13-2020, 01:14 PM   #1
Krabbypatty
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M340i xDrive

Garage List
2020 BMW M340i  [10.00]
Order number / VIN number UK

I ordered a BMW M340i in the UK on around the 8th of February and I still haven't gotten a order or vin number. The lease company is saying they still haven't gotten one. I want it so I can track my car from the genius live chat.

When did everyone else get their vin or order numbers?

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2020, 11:57 PM   #2
Gdiddy23
Major
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i

Garage List
2015 BMW F30  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krabbypatty View Post
I ordered a BMW M340i in the UK on around the 8th of February and I still haven't gotten a order or vin number. The lease company is saying they still haven't gotten one. I want it so I can track my car from the genius live chat.

Thanks.
They'll need an allocation before you get your production #/VIN. Plenty of info on this. Expect to wait a few months depending on your region
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2020, 01:22 AM   #3
Krabbypatty
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW M340i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gdiddy23 View Post
Quote:

Thanks.
They'll need an allocation before you get your production #/VIN. Plenty of info on this. Expect to wait a few months depending on your region
But I got a delivery time around mid to end of April, so surely they would have a order number or VIN at this stage? Also I've been told the vehicle is in 'build' as of last Saturday now.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2020, 08:52 AM   #4
Brokkah1
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: G20 M340i

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gdiddy23 View Post
Quote:

Thanks.
But I got a delivery time around mid to end of April, so surely they would have a order number or VIN at this stage? Also I've been told the vehicle is in 'build' as of last Saturday now.
If it's being built it will have an order number, so your dealer is telling porkies one way or another.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2020, 09:37 AM   #5
Krabbypatty
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW M340i  [10.00]
Okay now I'm getting a little frustrated, I just called up my leasing company and they are saying that the delivery team got an update from BMW and production date is mid June with delivery being end of June. But when I was ordering the car I was told mid to end of April as the latest. What can I do?
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2020, 09:49 AM   #6
Brokkah1
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: G20 M340i

1) Wait
2) Cancel and get one that's already in stock elsewhere
3) Find a dealer someone who can get their allocation changed to your desired spec and get it to you earlier than June, then trust they weren't also telling porkies.

Even then you are at the mercy of BMW's supply chain getting it from the factory to you in reasonable time. Mine was build complete on 23rd February and its still in Germany..
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2020, 05:02 PM   #7
Bmwnewbie2
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 330e MSport

Quote:

Thanks.
Ask the lease company for the name of the dealer who has the order. Then ring the dealer and ask for the BMW order number then you will be able speak with online genius. The lease company will likely not have the BMW number.
Appreciate 0