Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Local Forums UK Forgive me (Lord of the official running in period) as I have sinned..

05-31-2021, 12:43 PM   #1
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 340i

Forgive me (Lord of the official running in period) as I have sinned..

Driving today with no family on-board, no need to rush home, bone dry roads and near some local b roads the temptation was too much.
Sport plus was engaged and stick left but I did make sure it didn't completely red line and no full bore starts in my defence..

After 600 odd miles the m340 is definitely getting louder as well and I didn't realise how much until I was showing (off) the car to a family member and blipped the throttle whilst standing next to it. I know the flap is always open but you just dont realise how loud it is due to the sound insulation in the g series. Plus moans about the cold starts from Mrs 225 now so must be loud

On the flip side the b58 voodoo kicked in on a long journey and saw 40mpg on the motorway which with a new 6 pot engine is pretty damn good.

All on all Happy bunny still with the m340 but think I'll start putting a but aside each month for a racechip in a few months....
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2021, 01:25 PM   #2
goodbyalfa
King of the North (living in the east...)
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M340i mineral white

Quote:
Originally Posted by 225 View Post
Driving today with no family on-board, no need to rush home, bone dry roads and near some local b roads the temptation was too much.
Sport plus was engaged and stick left but I did make sure it didn't completely red line and no full bore starts in my defence..

After 600 odd miles the m340 is definitely getting louder as well and I didn't realise how much until I was showing (off) the car to a family member and blipped the throttle whilst standing next to it. I know the flap is always open but you just dont realise how loud it is due to the sound insulation in the g series. Plus moans about the cold starts from Mrs 225 now so must be loud

On the flip side the b58 voodoo kicked in on a long journey and saw 40mpg on the motorway which with a new 6 pot engine is pretty damn good.

All on all Happy bunny still with the m340 but think I'll start putting a but aside each month for a racechip in a few months....
Love it.
I'm on 500 Miles in mine and still treating it gentle. I'll start to lean on the loud pedal more and more as it gets to and through 1000 miles...
2015 330D F30 MSport EBII
2012 Alfa Guilietta 2.0d Veloce
2009 Fiat bravo sport
2000 ST Mondeo
Appreciate 0