Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Local Forums AUSTRALIA Alarm is no longer available as an option for G20 LCI update

01-08-2023, 05:51 PM   #1
nm2003
2023 M340i LCI xDrive (on order)
Rep
Drives: 2023 M340i LCI

Alarm is no longer available as an option for G20 LCI update

With the alarm no longer being included in the Executive pack on MY23 G20 LCI (in Australia).

Is an alarm still required? The dealer mentioned that with it isn't required.

Is anyone considering installing an aftermarket alarm, or immobiliser? If so, what have people installed and where from?

With the state of carjackings in Australia, I expect having some sort of immobiliser would be useful.

I was also wondering if there any way to put the car in valet mode, that reduces power output on the car, if I was taking it into a panel shop in the future, and didn't want it being driven like it was stolen.

PS. If I am being paranoid, then please let me know.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2023, 08:32 PM   #2
Gaviatrix
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i M Sport

Garage List
Your car will most certainly have an immobiliser - they've been compulsory in Victoria since the late 1990s (as with every other Australian State). So it's only the audible alarm you'll be missing and in my experience no-one in a city takes the least bit of notice of a car alarm going off! So guard your keys. Most car thefts (as opposed to break-ins) now occur by someone stealing the keys from your home.
Appreciate 1
nm200330.50