Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Local Forums AUSTRALIA Any missing features due to supply issues on 2023 delivered vehicles

02-09-2023, 09:17 PM   #1
nm2003
2023 M340i LCI xDrive (on order)
Rep
Drives: 2023 M340i LCI

Any missing features due to supply issues on 2023 delivered vehicles

Tried to ask this in the non-Australian G2x forum but it may be better doing it here.

How do I go about finding out if any features were missing (deleted) from my Australian ordered 3 series (M340i), after it has been built, but in transit?

eg. some of the overseas members had touch screen deleted etc.

I could resort to asking the dealer, if there is no way of self checking.

PS. I have the MYBMW app installed and my VIN registered.

Has anyone received a vehicle this year and if so, was any feature deleted, that should have been included.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2023, 03:09 AM   #2
Sierra055
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 G80 M3 SSG, 2021 Audi SQ7

Can't help with the specifics of your questions i'm afraid, but I just ordered an M340i and specifically asked if there are any features that have been removed due to supply chain issues etc.
The sales guy checked the bulletin in front of me and said that nothing was listed. I was also confused as while I was playing with different configs, the configurator stopped the selection of the aluminium rhombicle trim, which is supposed to be the default giving an error that it was not available. He also checked this with BMW Aus who said it was definitely still available and the default selection
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2023, 03:34 AM   #3
nm2003
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sierra055 View Post
Can't help with the specifics of your questions i'm afraid, but I just ordered an M340i and specifically asked if there are any features that have been removed due to supply chain issues etc.
The sales guy checked the bulletin in front of me and said that nothing was listed. I was also confused as while I was playing with different configs, the configurator stopped the selection of the aluminium rhombicle trim, which is supposed to be the default giving an error that it was not available. He also checked this with BMW Aus who said it was definitely still available and the default selection
The dealer told me the same thing. No features were missing on the M340i.

BTW: I thought the black wood trim was the default.

IMHO, I don't think the rhombicle trim look that great, thus why I optioned up the Carbon Fibre trim.

Another thing that is disappointing is that BMW has remove recommended drive away pricing from their website configurator.

I think they remove pricing towards the end of Nov 22. Pricing was available when I order my M340i in Mid Nov 22.

Makes it hard to price up a Drive away figure, that you can then go into the dealer with and negotiate a minimum 10% off that price.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2023, 03:55 AM   #4
Younge
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by nm2003 View Post
The dealer told me the same thing. No features were missing on the M340i.

BTW: I thought the black wood trim was the default.

IMHO, I don't think the rhombicle trim look that great, thus why I optioned up the Carbon Fibre trim.

Another thing that is disappointing is that BMW has remove recommended drive away pricing from their website configurator.

I think they remove pricing towards the end of Nov 22. Pricing was available when I order my M340i in Mid Nov 22.

Makes it hard to price up a Drive away figure, that you can then go into the dealer with and negotiate a minimum 10% off that price.
I replied to your comment on the other thread.

The only thing we’re missing is the puddle lights, cubby holder and little compartment by the driver.

I would go and inspect an lci in person if you’re worried.

Another thing to look out for is dealers selling cars without comfort access.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2023, 04:00 AM   #5
nm2003
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Younge View Post
I replied to your comment on the other thread.

The only thing we’re missing is the puddle lights, cubby holder and little compartment by the driver.

I would go and inspect an lci in person if you’re worried.

Another thing to look out for is dealers selling cars without comfort access.
Okay we missed out the puddle lights. Probably not a bad thing. I thought they looked a little show off

Do you know if these can be retrofitted, or is the wiring also not provided?

BTW: The dealer had told me that the issue with Comfort Access feature missing on M340i, was only for cars built prior to Nov 22.

I may ask this question independently to my dealer and she if he mentions them missing from my car and if they can be retrofitted.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2023, 05:31 PM   #6
Younge
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nm2003 View Post
Okay we missed out the puddle lights. Probably not a bad thing. I thought they looked a little show off

Do you know if these can be retrofitted, or is the wiring also not provided?

BTW: The dealer had told me that the issue with Comfort Access feature missing on M340i, was only for cars built prior to Nov 22.

I may ask this question independently to my dealer and she if he mentions them missing from my car and if they can be retrofitted.
I’ll let you know about retrofitting in due a few months.

Your dealer is correct, cars built post November should have the correct options selected.

Have you been given any indication of when to expect your new toy?
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2023, 06:27 PM   #7
nm2003
Rep

Quote:
I’ll let you know about retrofitting in due a few months.

Your dealer is correct, cars built post November should have the correct options selected.

Have you been given any indication of when to expect your new toy?
Are you using any site to track for car's ship over to here?

I was originally told early April 23, but I think it depends on if there are any delays getting onto a ship.

PS. Looks like the ambient interior light within door pockets were discontinued, along with BMW Display key, heated rear seats.
We also don't get some lighting in some of the air vents and the USB-C port under arm rest (misses out on data function and will only be for charging). Plus we miss out on contactless tailgate (assume this is kick function).

2023 (Australian Spec) G20 LCI M340 xDrive - Portimao Blue - Executive Pack, M Technology Pack, Carbon Fibre Trim
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2023, 03:33 AM   #8
Sierra055
Second Lieutenant
Rep

The rear seat heating being removed, for me, is actually a good thing as I don't want kids playing with that. The cubby by the steering wheel is a bummer as both of my Audi's have this and it's quite useful. I've found the part number and will likely have a crack at retro fitting if indeed it's missing. Can't be too hard.

Funny thing was my dealer was using the lack of comfort access as a reason to order a new car as apparently BMW didn't offer much in the way of compensation to dealers for the lack of it. I have to admit, 2 days of having the demo car (which didn't have it) made me appreciate it
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2023, 05:04 AM   #9
nm2003
Rep

Quote:
The rear seat heating being removed, for me, is actually a good thing as I don't want kids playing with that. The cubby by the steering wheel is a bummer as both of my Audi's have this and it's quite useful. I've found the part number and will likely have a crack at retro fitting if indeed it's missing. Can't be too hard.

Funny thing was my dealer was using the lack of comfort access as a reason to order a new car as apparently BMW didn't offer much in the way of compensation to dealers for the lack of it. I have to admit, 2 days of having the demo car (which didn't have it) made me appreciate it
You could probably live without most of the missing features, but not being able to open the door with your keys in your pocket, would be a deal breaker, as would 360 view cameras not being available on a vehicle (which was missing on pre-LCI 320i & 330i models).

That was one of the reasons I stumped up the extra cash for a M340i, including the fact that BMW jacked up the prices of the 330i LCI update cars by $10k.

Legally, dealers need to fully disclose missing features, otherwise customers can back out of sales.

BTW: You were lucky getting to drive a demo M340i for two solid days. Maybe the salesman who was allocated the car also didn't like that he has to pull out his key to unlock the car.

PS. I still haven't driven one. I just ordered my M340i purely based on the grin on youtube reviewers faces.

2023 (Australian Spec) G20 LCI M340 xDrive - Portimao Blue - Executive Pack, M Technology Pack, Carbon Fibre Trim
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2023, 04:26 AM   #10
Sierra055
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Ha! I had an RS3 ordered in the same way, hadn't seen or driven one. Just wanted it. But after buying an S3 as an interim car and finding it a bit small (but awesome to drive) realised that this car still needs to be practical - hence the tests
The dealer was indeed good to deal with, which hasn't been my experience with BMW in the past.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2023, 02:44 PM   #11
nm2003
Rep

Quote:
Ha! I had an RS3 ordered in the same way, hadn't seen or driven one. Just wanted it. But after buying an S3 as an interim car and finding it a bit small (but awesome to drive) realised that this car still needs to be practical - hence the tests
The dealer was indeed good to deal with, which hasn't been my experience with BMW in the past.
At least you are moving to a bigger car.

BTW: I also looked at a S3/RS3, but when I tried to sit in the passenger seat (behind the driver's seat), it was too tight.

Based on the dealer's sticker on the demo car, I assumed you ordered yours from that dealer. A salesman from that dealership didn't like me wasting his time (over the phone) and then ordering from another dealer.

Appreciate 0
      02-14-2023, 10:23 PM   #12
Younge
Private
Rep

Seems like a common occurrence with us all ordering an rs3. - I still have one on order and will hand it over after my m340i arrives.

A lot of guys from the UK purposely remove comfort access because it “prevents” thief’s from cloning your key.

I personally would remove it if I still lived in the Uk.

Are you sure we had ambient lighting in the air vents pre lci?
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2023, 12:14 AM   #13
nm2003
Rep

Quote:
Seems like a common occurrence with us all ordering an rs3. - I still have one on order and will hand it over after my m340i arrives.

A lot of guys from the UK purposely remove comfort access because it “prevents” thief’s from cloning your key.

I personally would remove it if I still lived in the Uk.

Are you sure we had ambient lighting in the air vents pre lci?
So you will loose your deposit? Hopefully you didn't put down any more than $2k.

Good luck to the person that steals my car. I can track them on the GPS tracker that I may install.

Based on photos, the pre-LCI has a lot of ambient lighting below that centre display area, whereas the LCI update has a large area (with minimal, if any ambient lighting).

Its probably not a bad thing, as the less distractions the better.

Appreciate 0
      02-16-2023, 05:30 PM   #14
nm2003
Rep

Nice Australian review of the M340i. He was reviewing one of the earlier M340i's , that was missing the Comfort pack.

Around 4mins in, he complains about not being able to open the door keylessly.

If you are in the market for a used/demo M340i, make sure it has the comfort pack. If not, walk away.

Appreciate 0