Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Local Forums UK Front Tyre Check in My BMW App

02-19-2022, 08:43 AM   #1
Burnzie’s BM
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 330e 2019

Front Tyre Check in My BMW App

Had a “Front Tyre Service” check notification on the My BMW and correctly the front tyres were on the boarder of legal tread so I took my car to the garage where I normally get them from as they are a stockist of the correct *’ed approved BMW tyres but since then the front tyre service notification is still on the My BMW app.

Speaking to BMW they said they don’t know how to reset this and I need to contact the developer of the app…….. sorry but I thought BMW were the developer!!!!!

Yet another fob off from BMW I guess.

Anyone else had this and managed to rid the app of the warning?

Thanks guys.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2022, 09:08 AM   #2
ramparts
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M40i

you should have a manual / auto tyre recognition setting under vehicle status=> tyres that you can sort this with (in the car, not the app)
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2022, 09:16 AM   #3
Burnzie’s BM
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 330e 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidoff86 View Post
you should have a manual / auto tyre recognition setting under vehicle status=> tyres that you can sort this with (in the car, not the app)
Tried that, still notification on the app.

I’ll give it another go.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2022, 09:46 AM   #4
Slipmiester
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M340d Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnzie’s BM View Post
Tried that, still notification on the app.

I’ll give it another go.
Try deleting the app then re-install.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2022, 10:36 AM   #5
paulockenden
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 330e xDrive Touring

Try an idrive restart. This forces a resync of data between the car and the BMW servers (which is what the app queries).
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2022, 12:52 PM   #6
xenon
Major General
England
Rep
Drives: 2021 G21 330i M-Sport

I think only a franchised dealer can update the app to record tyres have been replaced. It’s nonsense.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2022, 01:41 PM   #7
bmnut
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M440i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by xenon View Post
I think only a franchised dealer can update the app to record tyres have been replaced. It’s nonsense.
I believe you're right Xenon. I had a tyre replaced at my local dealer with only 1500 miles on the clock. The master tech inputted all the data from a hand held whatever it was and it didn't show up the tyre data on the My BMW app. After literally weeks fannying around with BMW Connected Drive and with the help of the dealer (who I have to say were great in pushing the issue with BMW) it finally showed up on my app. Some bullshit about the 'back office team' and 'BMW servers' and a whole load more crap before they got it sorted.
Seems to me all this so called brilliant new technology that BMW keeps banging on about is as much use as an ashtray on a motorbike when the people who are supposed to be administering this system seem to be pretty bloody clueless when it comes to sorting out any problems with it!
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2022, 02:49 PM   #8
stanfonj
Private
Rep
Drives: iX3

I have this message on front and rear tyres, and there’s plenty of tread left.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2022, 01:47 PM   #9
Sonz330i
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Bmw330i

Talking of tyres and messages, I've noticed from the time I've got the car the rear left tyre always loses air pressure compared to the other three. I obviously top up that tyre once in 5 to 6 weeks. I should have raised it with the dealership sooner but given its past some months now I guess I'll have to take to check for a slow puncture or something..
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2022, 07:05 AM   #10
Taylor66
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 330e

Probably a valve leaking. but worth having them checked. i have a slow leak on my off side rear, top it up every 2-3 months when it alerts me
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2022, 02:21 AM   #11
machman767
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 320i M Sport+

I'm having a strange issue at the moment, app says to check tyre pressures, says recommended pressure is 2.3 bar yet all the tyres read 2.3, any ideas? I had pumped one up at the weekend but have been out in the car since.
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2023, 02:06 AM   #12
istacey
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i (G20)

Found this...

I've just had a full set of tyres fitted by tyresonthedrive (Hlafords) ahead of 1st MOT and whilst the tech did loads of QR scanning and stuff, the car doesn't appear to know its got new rubber on it.

The app still reporting tyres need servicing so started googling. Found this thread and then this paper from BMW US which basically says "wait a bit" and then if it doesn't work someone, probably from BMW, will need to sort it (although I assume Halfords would be able to, they probably have the tech/access).

https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/20...11810-9999.pdf
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2023, 03:43 AM   #13
willougs
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 330e

I recently had new OEM star-marked tyres installed at a BMW dealer, and they even had issues getting the app to update. They admitted themselves it is all a bit of a blind art. The car no longer recognises the tyre brand etc so I've had to set to "manual" in iDrive.

According to their system, they could see that the rear tyres had a close to zero mileage but fronts were still reporting the mileage prior to replacement.

The rear tyre warnings seemed to disappear themselves after a week or so, but to clear the messages in the app for the front tyres they had to reset the TPMS sensor using a little black box up against the value. Even now, the app has tyre wear "OK" messages for only the rear wheels, but I've given up caring. More hassle than its worth.

I've plenty of other issues that the car will need to go in for at some point, so I'll maybe get them to take another look then.

Last edited by willougs; 06-17-2023 at 03:50 AM..
Appreciate 0