Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Technical Topics iDrive, Nav, Phone, Audio, Video, Cameras, Electronics CarPlay Audio Changing

12-12-2021, 03:54 AM   #1
Manchesterr
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 320d M Sport

CarPlay Audio Changing

OK, so it's the first time that I've had a car with CarPlay, and I've found that if I open an app on the phone which is connected which has sound, the car will move to this audio, rather than the Radio / Spotify which I'm listening to.

I have to go back, and activate that audio. Apps like Twitter, activate the sound on CarPlay constantly, even if I change it back to what I was listening to.

Is there anyway to stop the audio changing?
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2021, 04:26 PM   #2
FrostNixon
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: vw golf

I'm looking for the same solution...
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2021, 08:24 AM   #3
Encanto
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manchesterr View Post
OK, so it's the first time that I've had a car with CarPlay, and I've found that if I open an app on the phone which is connected which has sound, the car will move to this audio, rather than the Radio / Spotify which I'm listening to.

I have to go back, and activate that audio. Apps like Twitter, activate the sound on CarPlay constantly, even if I change it back to what I was listening to.

Is there anyway to stop the audio changing?
Once you have CarPlay connected to the OEM audio system, all audio of the iPhone will play thru CarPlay, regardless of the OEM audio source playing.

If you do not want any audio of the iPhone to interrupt your OEM audio source then do not connect to CarPlay, or do not play any iPhone audio while CarPlay is conneced.

Yes, it sucks but that's CarPlay in BMW for you at this time. Hopefully an update will address this inconvenience.
Appreciate 1
jpowers36218.00
      12-26-2021, 11:04 PM   #4
mslevin
Rep
Drives: E46 325iT, E36 M3

I have the same issue, but it isn’t specific to my M340i. It’s a universal CarPlay issue with iPhones AFAIK.
Appreciate 0