Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Technical Topics iDrive, Nav, Phone, Audio, Video, Cameras, Electronics My home screen display logo's no name on them

01-01-2022, 12:50 PM   #1
Salacak
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 328xi coupe e92

Garage List
My home screen display logo's no name on them

Anyone knows why my 2022 g20 just picked up last week main screen display logos doesn't have any name. Never seeing it anywhere else, called genie for an answer and they still searching.
If any help, my car doesn't have touch screen option.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-01-2022, 01:39 PM   #2
MMartinez
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW M440i Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salacak View Post
Anyone knows why my 2022 g20 just picked up last week main screen display logos doesn't have any name. Never seeing it anywhere else, called genie for an answer and they still searching.
Based on the cars we've had come in with no touchscreen, they all have this design with no letters. I'm pretty sure that's just the design BMW chose for the software added to non-touchscreen BMWs.
      01-01-2022, 02:02 PM   #3
Salacak
Private
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMartinez View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salacak View Post
Based on the cars we've had come in with no touchscreen, they all have this design with no letters. I'm pretty sure that's just the design BMW chose for the software added to non-touchscreen BMWs.
Thanks for clearing up, I didn't know it was in setting or something. You think we can add down the road when chip is available or this is it.
I mean I'm fine with no touch mostly times which i rather have no touch unless few rare things that we try to do sometimes touch screen makes it easier
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2022, 03:42 PM   #4
G22b58
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G22

My car has the touchscreen, which I avoid to use by the way. The only thing that seems to require a touch is Parking Assistance select between perpendicular or parallel parking (in the odd event) that both are considered suitable. I have not found a way to do that with the wheel. (Not really something I need but) maybe check if you have the function if it is corrected in your SW version.
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2022, 03:57 PM   #5
Salacak
Private
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by G22b58 View Post
My car has the touchscreen, which I avoid to use by the way. The only thing that seems to require a touch is Parking Assistance select between perpendicular or parallel parking (in the odd event) that both are considered suitable. I have not found a way to do that with the wheel. (Not really something I need but) maybe check if you have the function if it is corrected in your SW version.
Agreed by the way i love the car in every way now. Took me little get used to after my e92.
This is a all around better practical car. 👍👍
Appreciate 0